Ibis Nana Sukhumvit Soi 4

pdogg

A couple friends have told me they were quite happy with this hotel and a good value in the Nana area, an easy walk to Obsessions (True Obsessions) , Cascades (Charades).  Hundreds of ladyboys just a short walk from your hotel.

Depending on your dates you might get a better deal through Agoda or Booking.com but if you want to book direct here's the link on Asia Hotel and Travel.

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php?/topic/268-ibis-nana-sukhumvit-soi-4/

Ibis as well as many top chains in Thailand arre part of the Accor Group.

LB friendly for sure?

Here's the Lone Ranger's review from our Bangkok Hotel thread.  When he says guest friendly, he means ladyboy friendly. Hiho Silver, giddyapp!

The Ibis Nana Hotel Bangkok is not the only guest friendly hotels on Sukhumvit Soi 4. But it's certainly one of the cleanest and most affordable hotel to stay in Nana red light district. It's a big hotel with about 200 rooms and still quite new looking for a hotel that's 4 years old. Rate between 1200 baht to 1600 baht I use my A club card here and get my points plus dicount

I have stayed at the Hotel Ibis 5 times so it most be doing something right

The Ibis is a good quality hotel and I'd give it 98out of 10. The reason being that it's a very minimal hotel. There is no swimming pool and no gym. I just stayed here in March this year and they now have free wifi just ask for it when you book in. Same all Ibis hotels now as Hau Hin was the same.

The rooms at the Ibis are simple and nothing fancy. What I mean is that there are no suite rooms or deluxe or any other fancy room description with inflated rates.

There are only 2 room types; standard with one double bed and standard with 2 twin beds. And that's all.

As I mentioned before, the Ibis is a simple hotel with clean rooms. The rooms sizes are around 24 square meters. And they are your basic utility rooms with a space to hang your clothes, flat screen television, room safe, air con and a few odds and ends to make guests feel comfortable.

The Ibis is easy to find. Nana Entertainment Plaza's go go bars are about a 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel so the Ibis would be a great place to take a bar girl or freelancer back for short time. And there are a lot of freelancers lurking between NEP and down to the Ibis Nana on Suk Soi 4 when the sun goes down.

-Lone Ranger

Of course Nana Hotel can not be beaten on location, but there are better hotels, i think. I even liked when i stayed there a few years ago, but it was clear that is was getting old. And that was quite a few years ago.

Regarding Ibis, i would agree with Lone Ranger. I also have their card, for staying in some Accor hotels in the past, in Europe and in Africa (i dont recall any asian stay) and Ibis, in fact, a good deal, if you dont want anything fancy.

Ibis location is not 100 out of 100, if you think about NEP, but 90 would be fair.

There is a small con for me: the lack of swimming pool, even if i could live without it, as from BKK i will go to Pattaya and i will have lots of time to enjoy pool.

But, this time, as i am afraid i will not have much of a chance to do it in Pattaya (another topic it would be), i plan to try taking more than one lb with me to my hotel, at least for one ocasion. And, for that, from what i have read, in the area of NEP, Majestic Suites can be better (others to,, but i mean in the same price range of Ibis).

If it was not that point, yes, i think i would chose Ibis.

• Upvote 1