Walking Street, Pattaya

stjames1892

I too like the not so crowded places.

And you're right there's a sizeable population of Arabs on Walking Streets.. I too thought it was Indian targeted at first but they don't seem to be speaking some Indian dialects. I've seen some Indians but not many. Would make sense with high oil prices the Arabs have money to burn.

Pattaya seems to be pushing the western targeted places to Tree town and Soi Bukhao area. But you live here so you probably have a better feel for it.

If KRU is in Soi Diamond that'd be an anomaly but its good in a way.. you have more privacy that way. Suits 99% of us just fine. Always liked the privacy of the Famous Bar/ old Baby Boom vs say Pooks and Jenny Star Bar where any douchebag from the street can get your pic and have his way with facial recognition.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

In the gogos many East Asian customers were wearing masks but not while eating pussy.

:biggrin: Seriously? Oh the comedy.:clapping:

That said I've had a really nasty cough for 2 weeks now. Almost as bad as in Patts dec 2020 if you remember when another esteemed BM and I coughed our nicotine drenched lungs out. The new China virus was just a tiny notice in the news. An orange manchild called it a hoax 2 months later then almost croaked. Little did we know what was about to come...

I think I have finally caught it. The free tests are done with so if I want to know I need to buy one.  Now where did I put my old mask a nurse gave me in early 2021? QG, you have any to spare? BBG?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

There was a stabbing last night in what appears to be the Arab Quarter.

I'm surprised there aren't more serious incidents like this in this area given the clientele, lots of people with zero impulse control. Its like any european bigger city.  I've been there many times and kinda like it if it wasn't so damn loud. Many times I've thought the area is a minefield of bad decisions.

2 hours ago, seven said:

I'm surprised there aren't more serious incidents like this in this area given the clientele, lots of people with zero impulse control. Its like any european bigger city.  I've been there many times and kinda like it if it wasn't so damn loud. Many times I've thought the area is a minefield of bad decisions.

Because there's 2 kinds of drunks.. happy drunks and violently high drunks.

The first kind most just walk away and want to be left alone with the pretty partner on their arm.

Some go out of their way to draw attention and pick a fight. There's a few on this forum.. more on PY and even more in Patts in general.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Pattaya authorities have officially announced the updated rules to be applied at Walking Street.

All vehicles are not allowed to enter Walking Street from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., and large vehicles, such as six-wheeled trucks or concrete trucks, are restricted, except for emergency trucks or those with proper permission.

Placing a stall or products on the street is restricted without permission.
Venues are forbidden from encroaching on the street.

Peddling/Selling on the street is restricted, except during the lenient period.

Garbage bags must be kept inside the venues to wait for the garbage truck that will come around three times a day at midnight, 3 a.m., and 4 a.m. Offenders will be charged with the Cleanliness Act and fined 20,000 baht.

Venue operators must strictly obey fire prevention measures.

A rule that is still being debated between the officials and venue operators is the restriction on parking on both sides of the street because operators reportedly want it to be removed.

In addition, the motorcycle taxi spots located within the alley will possibly be moved to the alley’s entrance, but this has yet to be finalized.

Finally, there are still plans to remove the over the street signs and make them run alongside the buildings but this is still being fleshed out. This is to allow easier access for emergency vehicles like firetrucks.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/09/updated-rules-to-apply-at-pattaya-walking-street-for-better-organization-and-safety/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...