Stickman In Phnom Penh

DownLoLarry

Stickman's most recent update is about his trip to Phnom Penh. An interesting read.

A small, but growing, number of transsexuals can be found in the Phnom Penh bars who, like their sisters, aren't nearly as easy eye on the eye as the Thais. Up until a few years ago this lot weren't tolerated in the bars but the can be found now.

Must be that rhyming monkey, Dixon Cox, that told every tuk tuk and motodop driver that barangs don't like to walk. :phone:

Someone seems to have told every tuktuk driver and motorcycle rider in town that foreigners don't like walking, for you simply cannot walk past one without being asked where you're going and if you'd like a ride. eems to have told every tuktuk driver and motorcycle rider in town that foreigners don't like walking, for you simply cannot walk past one without being asked where you're going and if you'd like a ride.

Draft beer is generally just a buck and even cheaper during happy hour. That's 30 baht folks and 20 baht during happy hour. :drinks:

Phnom Penh is an alcoholic's dream with ridiculously low prices. Stick with the perfectly drinkable local Angkor draft and you'll never have a hole in your wallet.

Wonder if Stick's secret identity is Siam Sam? Makes Kelly sounds like Kate Middleton. :crazy:

Easily the best hostess bar we visited was Shanghai, located on street 51

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanBangkokWeeklyColumn2011/Cambodia.htm

Usually, Stickman comes off as a pompus wanker (in writing AND in person) but this article is a good one.

Agree whole-heartedly with the following. :acute:

He wrote:

In the farang-dominated sector of the industry in Bangkok, many women enter the industry because they have children to support, but that is not so often the case in Cambodia. Only a small percentage of the ladies seemed to have kids of their own to support. And the average age is much younger, with early 20s the norm.

I'm confident saying that women in Bangkok and Pattaya bars are there of their own free will and that the option to work elsewhere exists. Some choose the bar life to support children or family, while others are driven by the pursuit of money - and working in such bars is often considered the easiest way to make a lot of money fast.

• Upvote 1

Must be that rhyming monkey, Dixon Cox, that told every tuk tuk and motodop driver that barangs don't like to walk.

Not me matey :lol:

I do my utmost to completely ignore them, I'll even stand on the opposite corner of a junction just to listen to them calling me as I look everywhere except at them. I kick myself occasionally when I instictively turn to their call, it takes major effort to ignore them here in Cambodia, they are relentless.

Stickman's website does make interesting reading from time to time, but I take his 'opinions' with a pinch of salt. Btw, I had a 'submission' posted on there years ago, how things have changed :huh: