pdogg

Movies With Ladyboy/Transexual Themes Or Scenes

Hugh Grant or the other guy he often acts with and maybe Renée Zellweger when a Thai LB Hooker is in some scene in a Phuket hotel by the beach? Just can't remember the name of the movie :-(

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason??

• Upvote 1

Just a little plug for my buddy Olaf DeFluer from Reykjavik, who made this and in which the guy who takes Raquella to Paris is based on myself!  May from Bangkok also has a small role, and Minerva from Cebu has the LEAD role;

''Best Feature Film, Teddy Awards, Berlin Film Festival, Germany''

• Upvote 2

''Conspiracy theories being closed systems indifferent to probability and immune to evidence......''

- Benjamin Wallace

Guest sustra2

bird cage was the american version of the italian movie " il vizietto 1-2-3 " made in the 70's.....

another movie of the 70 was from argentina...."mi novia..el travesti" ( my girlfriend is a transexual )

if we think about those times really audacious

• Upvote 1

The Birdcage with Robin Williams, Nathan Lane and Gene Hackman.

I actually liked that flick a lot!  Nathan Lane was excellent and Robin Williams was, well, Robin Williams

''Conspiracy theories being closed systems indifferent to probability and immune to evidence......''

- Benjamin Wallace

Guest sustra2

florencia de la v...a famous transexual actress in argentina and all south america

• Upvote 1

Transamerica (2005) is a very good movie, scoring a very respectable 7.5 on IMDB.

I saw it years ago and was impressed.

A pre-operative male-to-female transsexual takes an unexpected journey when she learns that she fathered a son, now a teenage runaway hustling on the streets of New York.

• Upvote 1

Saint Jack (US)  shot on the down low in the evenings or guerilla style in daytime in Singapore while the government minders were misdirected by a phony script/shoots during the day.

• Upvote 1

Just a little plug for my buddy Olaf DeFluer from Reykjavik, who made this and in which the guy who takes Raquella to Paris is based on myself!  May from Bangkok also has a small role, and Minerva from Cebu has the LEAD role;

''Best Feature Film, Teddy Awards, Berlin Film Festival, Germany''

You have led an interesting life JaiDee - another story I would buy you a beer or two to listen to....  I saw the film a few years ago when working in Amsterdam - I enjoyed it but couldn't figure out what was fiction and what was real - guess it doesn't matter but it intrigued me at the time.

My contribution to the thread:

A Girl Like Me; The Gwen Araujo Story - powerful but dreadfully sad film about a teenage transexual murdered in California about 10 years ago. Similar to "Soldier's Girl" and "Boys Don't Cry"

• Upvote 3

Beautiful Boxer.......a true story about Nong Tum who won 22 professional MuayThai fights as a male then became a ladyboy.....

Sorry dont know how to embed the utube trailer but the addie below will get you there........

the new remake Zatoichi. Lots of blood and swordplay, funny stuff and a brother/sister geisha lookin singing dancing team bent on revenge...the brother is living as woman. Worth a look for a few reasons, tho hardcore Zatoichi fans hate it.

Anyone see this movie playing now about a ladyboy volleyball team?

We just got home from the movies.

My teerak loved it! 

It's a great date movie if you're dating a ladyboy.  I'm sure she'll like it.

But it's at the end of it's run and will probably be out of the Thai theatres in a week.

I enjoyed it too.  It helped that my teerak was laughing her ass off.

It won't ever be compared with Citizen Kane.  And the plot is weak. But somehow it works!

2 thumbs up from Pdogg&MrsDogg.  :good: :good:

Please consider supporting Ladyboy Review by checking out http://ThailandTravelFun.com/links/ for hotels and airfare.   :hi:

Avenue or Central? 

We just got home from the movies.

It won't ever be compared with Citizen Kane.  And the plot is weak. But somehow it works!

Do you and Mrs. Dogg have popcorn? 

I think them fish strings.