" the drama "

Guest sustra2

Guest sustra2
seen many times on this forum the term " no drama "....really couldn't get the meaning of it. Been living and working in South America for long time and watched ( forced by someone as i hate them ) telenovelas, being a latino myself...found them absolutely out of mind...always told myself...really those kind of things happen in real life? especially never had big problems, and if i had, everything cooled down with a smile or a reciprocal " easy going fuck off "

Now....a simple question to You " veterans of Asia ".....is drama common in Thailand? i could imagine the loss of face or the lack of money could interfere with spontaneous behaviours but...my situation became unbearable..trying to slow down but...

i mean...what is happening to me is really disturbing.....suicide threats....or...if you want me to be bad i will be forced to sell my body...or ....i have to support my family ( fuck...she is an orphan...what family? )..today pics of injuries caused by razors...( small injury to be honest ) that was really too much!

As the cost of a relationship is becoming bigger then my house mortgage...i'm getting tired..

do you take those things seriously? how do you manage them? what is your suggestion? simply don't bother ( i like her so much but after the excitment there is only dull now ) and go on...or????

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure that I entirely follow your concerns.  But, no, in my experience drama is not common in Thailand.  I too have read those occasional stories of drama and wonder what in the world must have happened.  But, as in all such cases there is always a backstory that isn't being divulged.

Yes, it is always important to remember "face."  Never, ever, yell or cause a scene.  A good rule in general but especially in Asia.  In tough situations don't loose your cool, and always remember that 99% of the time you can bring the drama to a quick end with a smile and some cash.  Over the years I have only had one semi-dramatic scene with a LB.  She was a ice smoker and started to freak out the next morning.  It was amazing what calm words and 2000 baht did to usher her out the door.

Other than that, simple survival rules apply.  Don't get shit-faced drunk, don't stay out to the wee hours, and mind where you are at all times.  Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about all this.

Of course, being in a relationship that has gone bad can definitely be dramatic but that's a different matter.

• Upvote 2

I ain't a psychologists but........................

First, no one as in nobody threatens to off themselves if they truly want to die...Folks who kill themselves do not announce it to the world before hand unless their sole intent is to control others...As in to manipulate you...That is all she is doing...Trying to get  you to do what she wants you to do and it appears you are falling for it.......

The only answer is to get out...Stop calling...Block her number...You gotta say adios forever dude...There will be no suicide...That is your Latin guilt rearing it's ugly head...

You will get over her more quickly than you think...Trust me it scabs over fast and leaves a little scar as a reminder never to fall in love with a crazy person again...

Later if you still want to fall in love with a Thai ladyboy there are many out there who are low maintenance and who are honest and good people...

It will not stop until you stop it...Stop enabling her..........

• Upvote 2