Booking.com

pdogg

I use Booking.Com for most of my Hotel Bookings, the latest being the Tune Hotel and Baywatch 1403 & 1903 in  Makati & Malate/Manila Bay (Philippines) for this November :hi:

Never had any problems in all the years I have been used it, and its so easy to cancel if you change your mind or plans B)

post-136-0-72045300-1410286895_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-66468900-1410287033_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-34567700-1410287050_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-86290200-1410287070_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Sounds like an excellent way to book hotels.

Booking.com

Btw, we are affiliated with the Spanish language version.

But it is very easy to click the flag on the upper right so that it reads in English.

post-45-0-82710800-1410353470_thumb.png

A big thank you if you use the link on Asia Hotel and Travel.

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php?/topic/260-bookingcom/

• 7 months later...

Booking.com

Btw, we are affiliated with the Spanish language version.

We are now affiliated with the English languag version of Booking .com. 

When I book hotels I check:

1) the hotels website if they have one

2) Agoda

3) Booking.com

Booking.com is my first choice but I'll go with the cheapest option.

Btw, with Booking.com, the price you see is what you get.

With Agoda, you see the price before tax and service charges which in Thailand is a whopping 17.7% extra.  In Cambodia it's 21% extra.

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php?/topic/320-pattaya/

If you use either Agoda or Booking.com we would sure appreciate it if you use our links on Asia Hotel And Travel.      :hi:

It's a way that you can support the Forum and it doesn't cost you one extra baht.

For some hotels it may be cheaper to deal directly with the hotel.  But strangely enough, I've stayed in hotels that I booked with Agoda and then wanted to pay cash to extend my stay but they wanted me to pay extra so I just went online and used Agoda.

As Duke mentions, Booling.com has a liberal cancellation policy and their customer service is pretty good.

OK must ask a question and hope it isn't a bad one. I recently looked up a booking at a hotel suggested by a BM (hi Dave) on booking.com. The price listed was lower that the price on the hotel's web site. However I didn't make the booking yet as date wise it is still very far away (11 months). Whenever I look at a hotel on Agoda when I get to final check out they finally show me the tax and booking fee. At that point the cost is almost always somewhat more that the hotel's web site. Is this going to happen when I use booking.com? I got to the point on booking.com where they wanted a credit card and didn't see an extra charge. But didn't want to enter my card number. There is value in having a confirmed booking via a major site and being able to cancel at no charge if the price is close to the same. But just curious what happens when one completes the entire process at booking.com.  

The price listed was lower that the price on the hotel's web site. However I didn't make the booking yet as date wise it is still very far away (11 months). Whenever I look at a hotel on Agoda when I get to final check out they finally show me the tax and booking fee. At that point the cost is almost always somewhat more that the hotel's web site. Is this going to happen when I use booking.com? I got to the point on booking.com where they wanted a credit card and didn't see an extra charge. But didn't want to enter my card number. There is value in having a confirmed booking via a major site and being able to cancel at no charge if the price is close to the same. But just curious what happens when one completes the entire process at booking.com.  

The exact question I had before I used Booking .com

With Agoda there will always be an extra charge and it varies by country.  In Thailand it's 17.7% and in Cambodia 21%.

Not so bad since I can do the math.  With Air Asia it is really tough to figure out.

With Booking .com the price you see initially is the total price at the end.

I paid the hotel directly in cash.   The credit card is only used if you're a no show (although there may be pre authorization so it might impact your credit limit).

In my case I booked a couple days before so the cancellation charge equaled one night of the room.

Here is the email was sent to me when we went to Ko Samet in February.  That's my only experience with them.  I used to use Agoda or book direct but now I will use Booking .com IF and only IF they have the lowest price.

Thanks, PDoggg! Your reservation is now confirmed.

Ban FahSai Guest House

บ้านฟ้าใส เกสท์เฮาส์

Hotel info     

Address:     35/20 Moo 4, T. Phe, A.Muang, Rayong

Koh Samed, 20110, Thailand

35/20 หมู่4 หาดทรายแก้ว ต.เพ อ.เมือง จ.ระยอง (เกาะเสม็ด, 20110)

Phone:     +66867115440

Getting there:     Show directions

Manage your booking

Get the print version

Booking number     389494838

PIN Code     2354

Your reservation     1 night, 1 room

Check-in     Tuesday, February 3, 2015 (from 2:00 PM)

Check-out     Wednesday, February 4, 2015 (until 12:00 PM)

Booked by     PDoggg (@gmail.com)‎

1 Standard Double Room with Fan

7 % VAT is included.

10 % service charge is included.

Total Price     THB 600

Best Price Guaranteed

Please note: additional supplements (e.g. extra bed) are not added to this total.

The total price shown is the amount you will pay to the property. Booking.com does not charge any reservation, administration or other fees.

Ban FahSai Guest House

[Can't see this map? Click here to view location and directions.]

Room Details

Fan rooms come with a flat-screen cable TV and en suite bathroom.

Guest name     PDogg Edit guest name

Number of guests     max. 2 people. Edit number of guests

Meal plan     There is no meal option with this room.

Prepayment     

100 percent of the first night may be charged anytime after booking.

Cancellation policy     

If cancelled or modified up to 3 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.If cancelled or modified later or in case of no-show, 100 percent of the first night will be charged.

Any cancellation or modification fees are determined by the property. Additional costs will be paid to the property.

Cancellation cost     

From now on: THB 600

This reservation can't be canceled free of charge.

Is everything correct?

You can always view or change your booking online – no registration required.

Edit credit card details

Edit guest details

Request early check-in or late check-out

Contact the property

Special Requests

Approximate time of arrival: between 14:00 and 15:00 hours

Payment

You have now confirmed and guaranteed your reservation by credit card.

100% of the total amount will be charged by the property on the day of booking.

Please note that your credit card may be pre-authorised prior to your arrival.

This property accepts the following forms of payment:

No credit cards accepted - cash only

Booking Conditions

Guest parking     No parking available.

Internet     WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.

See all Booking Conditions

Need help with your reservation?

Contact the property     Phone: +66867115440

Manage your booking     

You can modify, cancel or upgrade your reservation online anytime.

Email Customer Service

Support in English: 1 (888) 850 3958

Support in Spanish: 1 (866) 938 1297

When abroad or from Thailand: +44 20 3320 2609

I just picked a couple hotels at random and multiplied the Agoda price by 1.177 and it gave me the Booking .com price.

So its really a matter of which website you prefer.  Booking .com has a more lenient cancellation policy.  With Booking .com you pay at the hotel.  But Agoda has a pretty good points program.

Thanks for the explanation. I just tried a booking in the Philippines and booking.com was $2 cheaper than Agoda for a whole week booking. So they are very close. But they are cheaper than the hotel's web site. So there seems to be extra value in booking through one of the travel web sites in PI.   

I just picked a couple hotels at random and multiplied the Agoda price by 1.177 and it gave me the Booking .com price.

So its really a matter of which website you prefer.  Booking .com has a more lenient cancellation policy.  With Booking .com you pay at the hotel.  But Agoda has a pretty good points program.

the points program only applies to existing customers , last year I used agoda first time and was

told their points program is not available for new customers .

agoda's system makes you pay up front with penalty charges if you need to cancel or change dates

unless you pay a premium when booking . because of this they not get my custom anymore .

• Upvote 1

I just tried a booking in the Philippines

I was looking at "some" Philippines hotels on Booking.com and under Room Type it is clearly showing that VAT is not included for certain hotels.

You can also hover your cursor over the Question Mark in the Conditions column which is to the right of the Room Type column.

Under the Conditions column you will generally see Free Cancellation by a certain date.  If you don't see Free Cancellation either in the Conditions box or by hovering over the Question Mark then I'd be careful about booking.

Also details should be in your confirmation email.

IF there is free cancellation why not book for one night and see what the email looks like.  If you don't like what you see you can cancel.  If you do like what you see then you can book again for the remaining dates.

I was looking at "some" Philippines hotels on Booking.com and under Room Type it is clearly showing that VAT is not included for certain hotels.

The PI hotels I was looking at on Booking.com include the VAT and free cancellation. But one must cancel at least eight days in advance to avoid paying the first night.