Bars Closing For Elections?

pdogg

Erection Day in the LOS is on the horizon. Bars could possibly be closing as early as June 24th. Those on the ground please keep us updated.

June 24, looks like the low season is gonna get a lot lower, what a damn bummer for anyone there for a weeks holiday if this is true.

I haven't heard anything...But I'll ask around and see what the bar folk are saying...The election isn't until July 3rd...I'd be surprised if they close as early as June 24th especially with the poor cash flow this season...I'll see what I can find out...

all bars are shut on 24th June another of them fucking Budda Days, for what I can gather all bars will be shut 2 & 3rd July while election is happening, I know that Koyo7 are shutting on 2nd and reopening on 4 th as a bit of a get together has been arranged with all the LBs from the bar and a few selected customers, I was invited last night by Koyo, looks like the old dog is gonna be like a fox in a hen house. I will take the camera so keep your eyes open.

Very cool can't wait to see who is working at koyo now. I heard ice moved over their.

Spoke to the owner of hang lose bar on soi 8 last night, he is a well connected Thai and he said they are open for Buddha day and will only close on 2nd July for the elections.

So fear not it is only one day without Beer..

he said they are open for Buddha day and will only close on 2nd July for the elections.

Same as I heard...Bars are open this weekend and closed the following election weekend...

Koyo is taking its staff on a field trip to the beaches (a la Ezy/Famous) for the election closing...If anyone is around and wants to go along head over to the bar and add your name to the list so Koyo can reserve a room for you...The rooms are 1500 bht a night...

Same as I heard...Bars are open this weekend and closed the following election weekend...

Koyo is taking its staff on a field trip to the beaches (a la Ezy/Famous) for the election closing...If anyone is around and wants to go along head over to the bar and add your name to the list so Koyo can reserve a room for you...The rooms are 1500 bht a night...

Does that room come with a free LB? :rolleyes:

Apparently bars were told within the past 24 hours that they are not allowed to sell alcohol from 6pm tomorrow night (25th) until Sunday. Pre-election is the reason (WTF?)

I haven't heard about closure's tonight but Rossco appears to be throwing a damp cloth on my plans for a light ale this evening... :aggressive:

• Upvote 1

It's really a strange weekend here...I hear some of the bars were closed last night...Some were open...

I didn't go out...Was on my way out around 9 pm when a pretty young boy called and asked if she could come over...Her bar was closed she said...Who was I to say no...So I spent the evening in so to speak...

Was wandering up Soi VC around 5 this afternoon and was accosted by May at Famous...She said they were closed last night but open tonight...Since it's only about a 5 minute walk from my room, I might just have to make a visit... "In the room the women come and go, Talking of Michaelangelo."

It's really a strange weekend here...I hear some of the bars were closed last night...Some were open...

I didn't go out...Was on my way out around 9 pm when a pretty young boy called and asked if she could come over...Her bar was closed she said...Who was I to say no...So I spent the evening in so to speak...

Was wandering up Soi VC around 5 this afternoon and was accosted by May at Famous...She said they were closed last night but open tonight...Since it's only about a 5 minute walk from my room, I might just have to make a visit... "In the room the women come and go, Talking of Michaelangelo."

Wish I had a local like that. :drinks:

most bars closed tonight, of the few that are open some are only serving soft drinks ,but i found some willing to serve alcohol...

Anyway good reason for an early night, hopefully we are back to normal tomorrow.

I've got to admit that whilst I don't particularly like the tourist as a sub species, I do feel you blokes doing your hard earned cash only to have this sort of stunt pulled intermittently on you all & without any warning either!.. But to be honest being a Sexpat it suites me down to the ground.

And last night was the perfect example... On Friday night I just popped into CMX quickly running errands for Essexboy & while I was at it I sprang past the local beer bar centre & lined up a Jenifer Aniston lookalike LB for Saturday night... Cool!.. Drove down to her bar & picked her up standing outside at 9.00pm sharp Saturday, no ladydrinks, no getting tapped up for drinks for friends, no barfine, no noise, NO TOURISTS!.. And then whisked her off to my place, got pissed as a bastard on Tesco's Beer Chang & stoned as a cunt too!.. And then had a superb night with plenty of arse to mouth & a finale of an 'egg cup full' going straight down the throat... And all for a very grateful 700 baht. :hair: :cold: :devil:

Fuck the beer bars!!. Either take a rest or monopolize!

BTW, next week bars & other alcohol selling outlets should officially be closed from Sat 6.00pm until Monday 12.00pm... Sorry lads :hi: