Da Boss Is No More

Kahuna

Ladyboyblue rather than Ladyboy Revue was his site bro. I am not knowledgeable of the latter.

Typo bro....of sorts.....starnge how the brain works.

I was refering to the site you mention but guess I was thinking of my site and somehow Revue got typed.

"she has been as honest as any of them" ... Now, THAT says it all!! [Lefty, just joshing with you as I hope my multiple emoticons conveyed! I think I am the one who first turned you on to Ms. JiJe! You don't recognize me as I have a different name on each forum ... :ph34r::ph34r: :D ]

PDogg's "Funny, when it was open, guys loved to bash the bar. Now that it's closed, it's missed." ... SOOOOO true, we just don't realize what we have till we lose it (And don't I know the truth of that ... :cray:

"she has been as honest as any of them" ... Now, THAT says it all!! [Lefty, just joshing with you as I hope my multiple emoticons conveyed! I think I am the one who first turned you on to Ms. JiJe! You don't recognize me as I have a different name on each forum ... :ph34r::ph34r: :D ]

PDogg's "Funny, when it was open, guys loved to bash the bar. Now that it's closed, it's missed." ... SOOOOO true, we just don't realize what we have till we lose it (And don't I know the truth of that ... :cray:

I know who you are now mi amigo. 555. Ok, as for Jije, we compared notes over the years on lots of hung lbs, and you may well have mentioned her to me. However when I first met her in person, it was mere happenstance. I was strolling 6/1 about 3pm and she was out there. We began to talk and I got a good vibe from her. So I spent some time with her. I wasn't thinking oh this is the one "J" told me about and I did not have her number till she gave it to me that afternoon. You may well have talked about her to me previous, but when first meeting her in the flesh I never made the connection or had forgot that particular communique between us.

Like I said before, some guys did like to rag on Hi Boss, but IMO they were a vocal minority. Ones who were frightened by the enormous tools on display there, ready to ravage the backside of any punter man enough to take it. Guys who couldn't handle a Jije or a Joy up their poop chute, just ran the place down to cover for their own inadequacies.

Like I said before, some guys did like to rag on Hi Boss, but IMO they were a vocal minority. Ones who were frightened by the enormous tools on display there, ready to ravage the backside of any punter man enough to take it. Guys who couldn't handle a Jije or a Joy up their poop chute, just ran the place down to cover for their own inadequacies.

I totally agree with you Lefty, Chicken's the lot of the em :D

I loved the place, but it deserved to fail. It was so badly run: i always bought a drink and a ladydrink, but there seemed no obligation to do so - i could just as easily gone straight upstairs.

The first priority of a bar is to sell drinks, ffs - its not rocket science! I reckon there were more barfines sold each day than drinks. And as there were only ever 4 or 5 girls on duty, the turnover must have been pitiful.

Oh well, i'm sure the girls will pop up elsewhere.

I loved the place, but it deserved to fail. It was so badly run: i always bought a drink and a ladydrink, but there seemed no obligation to do so - i could just as easily gone straight upstairs.

The first priority of a bar is to sell drinks, ffs - its not rocket science! I reckon there were more barfines sold each day than drinks. And as there were only ever 4 or 5 girls on duty, the turnover must have been pitiful.

Oh well, i'm sure the girls will pop up elsewhere.

I agree, and if I owned a bar I'd want an ambiance that made customers want to sit and drink for as long as possible before bar fining. IMO, foreign bar owners get it more than the Thais. Case in point: Obsessions Bangkok. They play the music so damned loud you can't hear yourself think and who wants more than one drink in a place like that? Thai discos are quiet as a tomb compared to Obs. 555

One bar I went to recently that impressed me as a place I'd want to model a bar after was Saigon Girl Bar on Soi 6. Not perfect maybe, the furniture was somewhat outdated, but the music was classic rock, played just loud enough you could hear it fine but still talk if you wanted to without screaming in to your friend's or a girl's ear. The A/C worked and it was comfortably cool, the drinks were cold, and the girls just friendly enough without being pushy.

The Thumbs Up Bar owner is a real friendly Thai lady and she said the current Saigon Girl Bar owners are old timers on Soi 6 and have previously owned a couple of other joints there too. She herself was an old timer on the Soi. I recall she said she's lived there since she was 14 and is early 30s now. So, some of the Thais "get it" too I guess. I recall she said the founder of Saigon Girl was a farang but the current owners are Thai.

It was seedy with a capital S. I also enjoyed a few drinks in there and also S

It certainly would not be a good bar to commence your interest in LBs and certainly a bit daunting for a newcomer but it had its place in the scene.

I agree with Jimbo that it actually never put pressure on customers. I noticed that the HiBoss Internet shop is still opn so I suppose their business has gone virtual...

It was seedy with a capital S. I also enjoyed a few drinks in there and also S

I also enjoyed quite a bit of S thanks to help from my amigo :D

I also read on another forum that an LB who has worked at Hi-Boss for years said the place was being re-furbished and would re-open as Hi-Boss :unsure:

post-136-099975600 1310076315.jpg

post-136-052528100 1310076363.jpg

post-136-040807100 1310076419.jpg

post-136-024667300 1310076531.jpg

post-136-033937400 1310077626.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It appears reports of the demise of the Boss were a little premature - the place has been done up, re-opened and is currently available for business.

As I was ambling up Soi 6/1 late last night i was accosted by the formidable Joy and her equally formidable appendage.

Naturally we retired to the inner sanctum of the Boss to discuss the weightier topics of today. Joy informs me that the owners have also improved the short-time rooms (wouldn't have been difficult!) but I can't verify that as I only had time for the one beer before heading home.

Oh and the new interior sees the removal of the old bar area giving it a less "loungey" feel. It was so new you could still smell wood... which seems somewhat apt.

• Upvote 2

• 10 months later...

Yes Duke 007 I remember Pia at Hi-Boss. The last I heard from her was several years back, she informed me via e-mail that she was married and not a prostitute. Her tone implied that she had put all that behind her. She sure was a doll, I'd like to see her just to see her, but that appears unlikely. I am happy to hear that someone besides me remembers her. Good luck for you Pia wherever you are.

• Upvote 2

• 10 years later...

Thought I'd bump this old thread and ask what is the current state of the union when it comes to the one and only Soi 6? 

It is/was completely unique compared to any other soi full of bars in Pattaya. Had to be my favorite for any social activity. Seems so many late afternoons, PDoggg and I would at least take a slow stroll down Soi 6 before going on to any other activities. I have such fond memories of him, me and Kahuna going around like Athos, Porthos, and Aramis.

Not Larry, Moe, and Curly. 

I still recall the first time going there in 2003. Sally's man, from Sally Bar, took me there on his motorbike. On that trip I first met an LB, PDoggg and I knew as May/Moo. She went by either name depending on the day or her mood. I'd say all things considered, she was the best Thai LB I ever knew. I have a CD somewhere full of her pics. I should look for it. The last we heard, May/Moo had moved to Phuket, gotten the chop, sad to say, and became a hair dresser someplace south of Patong. If I had married her she would have kept her otin. It was not a big Hi Boss type appendage, but about 5.5", worked great, she never took hormones, and I saw her shoot a big load a good 6 feet while riding me. Such a loss. 

Next time I was back to Pattaya, I became enamored with Aoy from Pat Bar, and also a more honest, jai dee LB you could never find. Noi from Pat Bar also caught my eye, but I never got intimate with her. The two were friends and it seemed like if ya became close with one, you didn't switch to the other. Or maybe I just didn't feel right by doing that. Anyway, Aoy and her massive thick otin was all any guy could ever dream of. 

So, anyone care to chime in and fill me on in the current state of Soi 6? I remember back ten years ago, some thought it would have been flattened and replaced by more high rise hotels by now. 

• Like 2

On 1/25/2023 at 3:51 AM, Lefty said:

May/Moo

A really sweet one.  Took her to Kph Samet.   Showed her pic to an American GG and she didn't believe she had a cock. Well, she doesn't anymore. The first time I was with May/Moo she cut my hair at her auntie's salon and then we went upstairs to the room where she lived. I jsut had to have her.

On 1/25/2023 at 3:51 AM, Lefty said:

current state of Soi 6?

Has certainly gone downhill as far as ladyboys go and IMO has gone downhill in general.  The Nightwish group owns about a dozen bars there and converted them to open air bars with higher prices and GG only staff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1