Forum Issues - Signature, Uploads, Delayed Response

I can't seem to find a way to change my signature anymore.  Help Docs says it should be in My Settings, which I remember.  But the option doesn't seem to exist anymore. Maybe all this masturbation has finally taken my eyesight like mom told me it would, but I sure can't find a way to edit my forum signature anymore. 

post-1081-0-77777200-1406707834_thumb.jp

I was also getting an error while writing this, telling me my image uploads failed. I tried it on a few other threads to test it out with the same result. After a few minutes, I can now upload the picture above - but the screen shot showing the upload error is again showing it failed.

A third issue that I thought I'd note as well is a delayed response from the website.  It is intermittent so I can't give you full details to replicate.  However what I experience is a delayed response when clicking a forum link and the expected page taking a long time to load.  It's enough of an annoyance at times to make me close the browser and not return to the forum for a bit.

Hi Hoot,   :biggrin:

Please PM me your signature change and I'll upload it for you.

We disabled signature changes because a guy could have just 1 post from a month ago and then change his signature to something that could cause legal issues for LBR but we would never notice it.  OTOH if a guy made a rand new post that could cause legal issues we'd notice it in a few hours.

So please send me your new signature bro.

I will forward the other issues to our tech guys.

Will do PDogg, I feel better just knowing it's no longer there vs. my ineptitude in finding it. :biggrin:

It's also an old blackhat SEO spammers trick,  lace a few dozen or hundred boards with benign comments that don't get deleted, then go back and add a link to your signature months later when no one is looking.  Or so i've heard :rolleye0012:

The image upload issue is strange, I have a few ideas but I'll leave it your guys on the payroll. I got the error message image to finally upload.  Doesn't tell you much other than I'm not making it up. :biggrin:

post-1081-0-73887700-1406711223_thumb.jp

In regards to the delayed response, I'm sure it won't mean much to you but it might to your developers.  I had fiddler (a software tool)  open when one incident happened tonight.  Seems the response is sent to your servers, but it took 65 secs before a response was returned.  I didn't see any error messages that I could forward on, just hung up waiting for the server to respond.   I'm sure your code monkey's will be able to get it sorted.

Cheers Amigo.  Hope all is well

• Upvote 1

We disabled signature changes......... 

So that's what is going on! I gave up trying to change my sig a long time ago. It was even starting to annoy me.

If I can remember what I was going to change it to I will send you a PM. 

However what I experience is a delayed response when clicking a forum link and the expected page taking a long time to load.  It's enough of an annoyance at times to make me close the browser and not return to the forum for a bit.

Same here. I can load three or four or more pages, suddenly they won't load. If I leave the page open it will load eventually. Sometimes I let them, most times I just close the forum. I know other BMs experience the same thing. Plus Hoot. He's the first to complain about it so hats off to him...            :hi:

This is the slowest forum  I know even tho I dont post much but just moving around the pages is one reason why I dont so I  give up. Disabling signatures is just irritating and the excuse is a bit lame as no other forum does that .

Whenever I  come to the forum it sometimes gives me a 404 error and  so I refresh and it goes away so maybe its timed out. Is just as well its a free forum or Id be more than  a bit peed off.

I don't know where to start...I can hardly get on your site using IE...I gotta go through some real gymnastics to get on your site and then it is a crap shot whether I can open a thread...sometimes yes...sometimes no...and it absolutely will not allow me to use the quote function when I post a reply or comments or just some  silly shit......If I use Chrome the quote function works and the log in process is a bit simpler, but I still have difficulty opening some threads...

Maybe there is a better browser to use...If so please let  me know...But I don't have any problems with IE on any other site.......Go figure....