Obituaries

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Henry Heimlich died at 96. He did not choke do dearh.

Go ogling him he was somewhat controversial. Like many innovators, some of his theories will be brilliant while others off base. One theory was that u inject people with HIV the malaria virus and I think he did these experiments with humans in China.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ugo Ehiogu, the former England and Aston Villa defender and Tottenham coach has died aged 44. 

Tottenham confirmed on Friday morning that Ehiogu has died from the heart attack that saw him collapse at the club's training ground on Thursday

A statement from the club said: "It is with immense sadness that we announce the passing of Ugo Ehiogu, our under-23 coach.

"Ugo received immediate treatement after suffering a cardiac arrest at the Training Centre yesterday before being transferred to hospital where ha passed away in the early hours of the morning.

"Head of coaching and player development John McDermott said: 'Words cannot express the shock and sadness that we all feel at the club. Ugo's immense presence will be irreplaceable. Our heartfelt sympathies go out to his wife Gemma and his family.'

R.IP ....Ugo

ugo8.jpg

ugo6.jpg

ugo5.jpg

ugo2.jpg

ugo1.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have said "hello" to Ugo a few times at games when Spurs 23's have playing their counterparts at either Man United or Man City and he has always said "hello" back with a smile, a very nice bloke indeed

Our U23's were due to play Spurs this Monday at Old Trafford but that has now been postponed for obvious reasons, I just wish it was not the case.......very very sad news 

R.I.P Ugo

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

RIP Nicky Hayden

American motorcycle racer and 2006 MotoGP champion Nicky Hayden has died from injuries sustained from a collision with a car last week while out training on his bicycle in Rimini.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/sports/nicky-hayden-ex-motorcycle-champion-dies-after-collision.html?mcubz=1&_r=0

I had the pleasure of meeting and fan-talking with Nicky at several MotoGPs over the years (spring for a paddock pass; you won't regret it).  Just brief chats, wishing him well, good luck, etc.  He was always open and friendly, always an optimist.  Forgive me for being chauvinistic, but I always thought that he presented the best of the American spirit to the rest of the world.  And clearly people responded to that.  Indeed, he was one of the best-liked riders in the MotoGP paddock and over the last two years in WSBK.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, BigTel said:

RIP    Sir Roger, did fantastic work also as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF .

Yes he did amogo and thats how I met him at Old Trafford, I have to admit I was in awe of him :imNotWorthy:

I was a little shy when Sir Alex pointed out to Sir Roger saying "there is duke007" :biggrin:

moore1.jpg

moore.jpg

• Upvote 1