Chiang Mai Forum

Ladyboy Review now has a Chiang Mai Forum.

Everyone's favorite uncle, Lung, is the Mod.

There's probably nobody who knows the Chiang Mai ladyboy scene better than Lung.

And guys like Lance and Patrick know there away around town, so LBR has a strong presence up North in the land of porcelain skinned ladyboys and Burmese beauties.

Enjoy our Chiang Mai forum guys.     :drinks:

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the kind words lads!

Well all I can say, from being the only BM who actually managed to get himself banned twice from that 'other' ladyboy forum, to now being given my own topic to moderate... Jezzzzz, this is really is a weird & whacky world in which we find ourselves in, init'.

I suppose I'd best start toning down the bad language & start using spell checks... Might also be a good time to grow up a bit, me thinks?

Anyway, thanks for investing a bit of faith in me, just hope I don't let you down.

Damm, I've got a tear in my eye

:hi:

• Upvote 2

Whoops, a bit late replying to these... hope it's not a sign of things to come??

It all yours Unc. I am sure it going to be a terrific thread with you at the helm. 

Thanks mate... Well it should be informative, if nothing else, Sam.

I concur with you here Sam.

Many thanks, Big Tel!

A mixture of Black Sheep and Prodigal Son. I'm looking forward to this Mr. Lung

Nice way to look at it, although I'm a bit more 'black dog' & old prat (MIA) than anything else... Anyway for Christ sake don't hold your breath.

• 1 month later...
Guest sustra2

i am just having a look at hotels in Chiang Mai....should i book a hotel inside the old city ( i can see a four sided wall that delimitates the old town from the rest of the city ) i am a good walker.....

i am just having a look at hotels in Chiang Mai....should i book a hotel inside the old city ( i can see a four sided wall that delimitates the old town from the rest of the city ) i am a good walker.....

I'd say that staying within the walls of the old city is a good start for any new comers visiting Chiang Mai, especially if you're a good walker, as it's an interesting part of town full of history & creativity, with a lot of the action being located down the small sois & there's just so much more to see when you're on foot.

But once you've got used to the place & if you like to have your own transport at hand, I'd recommend getting yourself either somewhere along the river or on Doi Suthep mountain for a better experience.

Essentially, Chiang Mai is far more about the scenic aspects of the region than it is the city centre, which can get pretty old after a fairly short amount of time & in addition to that much of Chiang Mai is now being rebuilt around the three outer ring roads & both businesses & potential residents are being given cash incentives to relocate there, so that's now where you'll find many of the larger restaurants, nightclubs & bars. 

Do you think I could be writing travel guides?

:hi:

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I was out solo in CM about one week ago and things were quiet on Loi Kroh/Boxing Ring. Stopped for one at Friend's Corner and was waited on by a tall, older LB that I had met previously at Lizard (?) bar further up on Loi Kroh, nearer to the moat. I'd bought her a LD (160 baht)at her former bar and tipped her 100 baht when I left but she didn't remember me and I was cool with being unrecognized and politely ignored her :) She wasn't gonna get me for another inflated price drink, som nom na...

Another LB stopped by (near shoulder length hair and heavy tattoos on the front both thighs) I'd seen her there before, and she got me some ice. She sat beside me and gave me a pretty good deep tounge French kiss. Well that was a positive development so I bought her a drink. She was delighted and rewarded me with another smacker, then whispered in my ear "I like you suck my big cock and I fuck your ass!"

Ah geez, the romance went out of that little encounter :)

She was fun to talk to so after we finished our drinks I check binned and the tab was a reasonable 240 baht for my large Leo and her Sang Som and coke. 120 baht is the correct price for a LD in my opinion, especially in a relative LB back water town like Chiang Mai- but some bars are really proud of their establishments and charge accordingly :)

Next I called in at Shamrock Bar and there was a tall (5'10"?) young LB there that I'd exchanged Line info with and she clocked me, even though she was sitting with another guy and fawning all over him. The Line messages began "Wait me, I want talk to you!" I was amused because its all a big game and the girls are always scouting for their next victim, I mean customer, 555!

I was just relaxing and taking in the show, content to observe, then the guy check bins and she pounces on me. She is a cutie, I'll give her that and seems new to the scene. I buy her a LD (140 baht whiskey & coke) and I did enjoy talking/flirting with her. I finish my drink and call for the bill and she has a blank look, batting her lovely eyes and exclaiming "You no take me?"

"No darling, tonight I sleep alone na."

I'm still getting Line messages from her. And I really think I'm the only name in her Line directory as well :)

Pretty exciting up her in Chiang Mai guys, 555!

• Upvote 3

^ I would but doing so would blow my 'Secret Agent' cover here in CM :)

I was out again yesterday evening, so I stopped at Blue Sky bar, just past Soi 1 on Moonmuang RD. Its a billiards bar but I go there for the cheap beer and no hassles. A large Leo is70 baht before 8 pm and staff is attentive, making sure you always have ice (if that's your thing)

I left and thought, ah, why not stop by Shamrock Bar at the boxing ring. Just walked in the door and the heavens opened up- man it rained cats and dogs!

I think the girls there are hurting -or maybe just aggressive- because I said hi to one girl and her reply was "Buy me drink!" 555! I gave her my goofy smile, acted confused and moved seats. Another gal popped down beside me, I said hi, she said hi, then followed immediately with "Buy me drink na."

Me "How much for lady drink?"

Her "150 baht."

Me "Kid gon." (I'm thinking)

I then engrossed my self in my cell phone and she wandered off, only to return periodically with her chorus "But me drink na, not expensive na."

But in fairness, I've been in there before and was not asked for a drink.

• Upvote 1

^ At your service BB :)

CM is a back water for action but if a guy lives here its no problema to collect a few numbers and by pass the bars.

I like to ride and the mountain roads are great up here.

I heard about a Thai joint that supposedly has a promotion for five large Leos, 199 baht, before 8 pm. I need to check that one out :) Maybe I can talk Lung Somchai into going too, his Uzi might come in handy if the situation becomes tense... 555, joke na :)

post-4587-0-27199600-1409137207_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I spent a bit of time in CM recently and I left with mixed feeling about the place.  As Lance mentioned, if you live there you can find lbs looking for a relationship, but the P4P is limited.  It is still work a visit I reckon.  There are bars and freelancers and girls just looking for a falang boyfriend, but compared to Pattaya...well...what compares to Pattaya.  

• Upvote 2
  • 7 months later...

CHIANG MAI has introduced the so-called "slow city" concept in a bid to reduce the number of road fatalities - with the inner-city speed limit now 40 kilometres per hour.Chiang Mai Governor Suriya Prasatbandit said the recent accident in which three cyclists were killed and two others were injured in the province's Doi Saket district after being struck by an alledged drunk driver prompted the provincial authority to take the extra step on top of the usual road safety campaigns and drunk-driving checkpoints.

Chiang Mai is one of the provinces that promotes bicycle riding and bike lanes to encourage an alternative means of transport, exercise and energy saving, Suriya said.