Confidence

garboi14

hey

you know at the start when you're new to this game and you're walking past the bar with lots of lovely lbs inside but its so quiet, no customers and they are all calling you and turning their attention to you?

Anyone else find this kinda difficult? you know you want to go in but you're shy and don't even know what to say or where to begin especially with a language barrier. 

Anyone else been through this? or any advice?

thanks guys

garboi

• Upvote 3

hey

you know at the start when you're new to this game and you're walking past the bar with lots of lovely lbs inside but its so quiet, no customers and they are all calling you and turning their attention to you?

Anyone else find this kinda difficult? you know you want to go in but you're shy and don't even know what to say or where to begin especially with a language barrier. 

thanks guys

garboi

Yeah, 100's of times laugh.png

If I especially like the look of one of them I would tend to say "Ah OK just 1 drink" and go in giving at the girl I like eye contact and buy her a drink

Contrary to what some will think I am a pretty "shy" guy myself, but once the "where you from? and how long you stay?" conversation is out of the way and the tongue wrestling starts I have on more than a few occasions ended up going upstairs with the girl for some more tête-à-tête wink.png

Go for it garboi :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

We've all been there buddy. It may sound strange to you but I actually miss that sort of excitement you're describing. Like any other extreme sport you get used to it after a while. Everything will become much easier and you'll build confidence but the adrenaline rush will also subside. Just make sure you keep practicing :) On a more serious note, maybe start the evening at one of the more laid back bars like Sensations or 69 Bar and team up with other BMs for some bar hopping. Most of the seasoned BMs I met are happy to show a newbie around and they usually get less hassle from the ladiz when walking into a bar.

• Upvote 3

Guest sustra

last week i was the only one at a Bar in bangkok with 20 ladyboys at 1 a.m.....i was not shy because i have a kind of experience ( not Thailand anyway ) but as it was my first time there....a little puzzled....then i thought..."if you do not do here....wherelse????" so i stepped in without hesitation....

i could say it was "nice" at least...

• Upvote 3

My first time many years back I met up with some kind and gracious gents from a forum long gone who helped introduce me to the wonders of ladyboys...

My advice:   Hook up with someone here on this board who is in town the same time you are or someone who lives full or part-time in Thailand...Send them a PM - personal message - Most guys are happy to help a new LB lover.......

I've  met up with guys new to the scene many times...Each time was always an enjoyable experience for me and I hope for them as well...An offer of a free drink or two will usually get you a tour guide for a few hours...I am sure there are many BMs here who would be happy to help....

After the first visit, the second visit becomes much easier...after a bit it almost becomes too easy...

• Upvote 1

Yeah, 100's of times laugh.png

If I especially like the look of one of them I would tend to say "Ah OK just 1 drink" and go in giving at the girl I like eye contact and buy her a drink

Contrary to what some will think I am a pretty "shy" guy myself, but once the "where you from? and how long you stay?" conversation is out of the way and the tongue wrestling starts I have on more than a few occasions ended up going upstairs with the girl for some more tête-à-tête wink.png

Go for it garboi :biggrin:

Haha Thanks Duke. :D

It would be fine if I felt I could just go in and talk with one but last time I was in BKK they were all around me and made me quite uncomfortable. Good complaint I suppose. I'm fine when it comes to the action, I suppose the conversation is where I struggle most.

But I appreciate the encouragement mate. :)

We've all been there buddy. It may sound strange to you but I actually miss that sort of excitement you're describing. Like any other extreme sport you get used to it after a while. Everything will become much easier and you'll build confidence but the adrenaline rush will also subside. Just make sure you keep practicing :) On a more serious note, maybe start the evening at one of the more laid back bars like Sensations or 69 Bar and team up with other BMs for some bar hopping. Most of the seasoned BMs I met are happy to show a newbie around and they usually get less hassle from the ladiz when walking into a bar.

It is quite the extreme sport, you're right there :) 

I'm thinking of trying Philippines next just because I think I will feel more comfortable if they speak a bit more English. Good shout on the laid back bars too. That definitely helped on my last visit.

I'm still pretty shy and so far have not admitted my LB love to anyone apart from online so I think meeting a seasoned pro to show me the ropes might be a bit too real for me just yet. Plus i'm quite a bit younger than a lot of the guys here.

Thanks for your advice 360

• Upvote 1

last week i was the only one at a Bar in bangkok with 20 ladyboys at 1 a.m.....i was not shy because i have a kind of experience ( not Thailand anyway ) but as it was my first time there....a little puzzled....then i thought..."if you do not do here....wherelse????" so i stepped in without hesitation....

i could say it was "nice" at least...

Yeah, I guess you're right. It's not like anyone knows me over there. But it's just when all eyes are on me I get a little anxious. I hate saying no when people ask for a drink. I do when I have to but I dont like the idea of burning bridges with any lovely girls when I may want to be friendly with them again in the future :)

My first time many years back I met up with some kind and gracious gents from a forum long gone who helped introduce me to the wonders of ladyboys...

My advice:   Hook up with someone here on this board who is in town the same time you are or someone who lives full or part-time in Thailand...Send them a PM - personal message - Most guys are happy to help a new LB lover.......

I've  met up with guys new to the scene many times...Each time was always an enjoyable experience for me and I hope for them as well...An offer of a free drink or two will usually get you a tour guide for a few hours...I am sure there are many BMs here who would be happy to help....

After the first visit, the second visit becomes much easier...after a bit it almost becomes too easy...

Cheers man. I think i'm still a little shy to prowl with anyone from here. It's still a big secret for me :) I'm probably still in denial. Last time I was in BKK I went with my first LB and it was great but I remember the guilt afterwards was quite big. I was with her on the second night of my trip and I didnt sleep with anyone else for the trip. So maybe next time will be easier

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I can definitely relate to the original post. Every trip for me begins the same, I am (relatively) timid and uncomfortable. I bring with me the perception and lack of confidence I have around beautiful sexy women in the Western World. For the most part, women in the West have so much judgement and attitude... and I unconsciously tether myself to that. It takes a while on the ground in LOS before I really start to believe that I AM "hansum man" and gain the confidence to really enjoy myself and make the most of the incredible opportunity most of us have over there.

• Upvote 1

thanks guys

garboi

I used to be shy and because of that I preferred it if there were no other customers in the bar.  But I got over that and I am fairly anonymous so it doesn't matter to me anymore.