Can one ladyboy put you off going to a bar?

bumblebee

I guess some drama is inevitable but I think most of us wants to minimize drama.  If a bar can't control its staff, they're going to lose customers.

Yeah, I'm easily put off by a girl that becomes obsessive or aggressive and I usually don't go back.

PD is diplomatic, as always, but the "power" usually lies with the Thai partner in the Farang-Thai LB bars and Thais are usually hesitant to criticize their fellow Thais and mostly take the side of the employee, unless the misdeed was way over the top. Even then...

That's been my experience any way.

I'm finding I'm happier finding LBs on line and avoiding some of the ongoing bs that occurs. If I do go to a LB bar, its usually to meet a board member and the girls are secondary. Maybe I'm getting old, 555!

• Upvote 3

• 4 years later...

Finally popped into La Bamba last night and managed to get myself a wicker chair at the door, looking out into the Soi and all the weird and wonderful things that go on there, happy camper I was.  The girls all know me and leave me alone,  but there is one who even though she knows me, I don’t think she has seen me there before with my other half, and thus kept asking me for a drink.  The thing was she had a communal bucket of booze in front of her, along with a selection of shots.

I recall her asking for drinks before over the years, and she got nowhere, so why keep persisting. She is the one reason I’d be reluctant to go back alone, don’t need the hassle when just enjoying a quiet drink.  She used to have curly hair but now it’s straight, I’m sure someone here knows her name.  

• Like 1

Interesting to read this thread some 5 years later and I still concur with everything I posted back then. The only difference being that I am single these days but the sentiment still stands tall.

Leeching off another guys ladydrink or barfine by way of flirting with his date is extremely poor etiquette, even worse if they are an established couple. Those kind of guys I have every desire to avoid but they wouldn't alter my course in terms of where I went. But if I feel uncomfortable for any reason I would soon be excecuting my departure as there's always another venue, or another night.

Bars do exist where my opinion of the management and/or one or more members of staff is very low, so I simply don't go there as there's no desire to do so.  To go somewhere where you don't want to be doesn't make any sense and any FOMO doesn't exist anymore.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Finally popped into La Bamba last night and managed to get myself a wicker chair at the door, looking out into the Soi and all the weird and wonderful things that go on there, happy camper I was.  The girls all know me and leave me alone,  but there is one who even though she knows me, I don’t think she has seen me there before with my other half, and thus kept asking me for a drink.  The thing was she had a communal bucket of booze in front of her, along with a selection of shots.

I recall her asking for drinks before over the years, and she got nowhere, so why keep persisting. She is the one reason I’d be reluctant to go back alone, don’t need the hassle when just enjoying a quiet drink.  She used to have curly hair but now it’s straight, I’m sure someone here knows her name.  

Sounds a bit like Nikki (small frame big boobs?). Description of her asking for drinks while having a communal bucket of booze sounds about right. She is generally fine, but when drunk can be a bit persistent asking for drinks. I just ignore her and she eventually gets the message.

• Like 1