Boracay Island.....

duke007

The Food and booze flowed for a few hours , we were befriended my two Pinay girls who were totally hooked by my missus when they were told she was a ladyboy, I loved the expression of shock on their faces :happy0065: , in fact one the girls even said to her that she would liked to be "boom boomed" by her :biggrin:

Interesting Sir Duke.

I've never heard a Thai lady say that.

Life is fun in the Philippines!   :drinks:

exellent. Pic quality was FINE excepting the few dark one of the beach. I'm very curious to see how you found the ladyboy action there and accomodations, cost vs LOS etc.  Looks like maybe Phils is in for return of the Duke :)

I took my girlfriend so was not looking out for anyone so I cannot really answer that, however when I was walking hand in hand with her (how lomantic) back to the room this other girl grabbed my other hand and started walking with me, she was quite a "stunner" I must say and if I had been single I would have let her take total advantage of me for sure, especially as she was "one of ours" :spiteful:

The accomodation we chose in Boracay was The Club Ten Beach Resort, it cost 20,000 Pesos (15,000 baht) for 8 nights

If you were going to be over critical then there were a few Ants in the bathroom and on the patio but hey you are surrounded by Tropical gardens so what do you expect, its a very minor issue imho

The room had a queen bed, large fridge , decent TV and channels, in room safe, patio (and it included breakfast which was delivered to your patio if you wanted), 24 hour security and even though its only a minutes walk down a path to the beach and nightlife on Station 2 it was very quiet, we even had an extra bit of security on our patio :biggrin:

All in all I think the Philippines is cheaper than Thailand and certainly has better beaches (imho),  the girls speak our lingo too even if its with an American accent

As for a return to the Phil's.....thats a defo

As for Thailand I never ever thought I would say this but apart from having a few drinks with the great lads I have met over the years  I did not miss it, its bars or its girls one little bit :hi:

btw....our place was the purple one on the left of the passage in the first pic

post-136-0-78143600-1403110872_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-34725100-1403111032_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-82736800-1403111050_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-88732600-1403111063_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-01841800-1403111108_thumb.jpe

post-136-0-66128500-1403111202_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-77769800-1403111246_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Fantastic photos Duke, compliments :)

I've never been to Boracay but your photos do tempt me. I did enjoy the beaches of Bohol, a small island of the city of Tagbilarin with many beaches. I think its called Pangdan Island or something.

Attached is a pic of Blue Rock floating bar at Subic Bay. Sure is relaxing to swill a few SM Lights and listen to the sweet sing song voices of the Filipinas :)

post-4587-0-14109800-1403155186_thumb.jp

• Upvote 2

I've never been to Boracay but your photos do tempt me. I did enjoy the beaches of Bohol, a small island of the city of Tagbilarin with many beaches. I think its called Pangdan Island or something.

Attached is a pic of Blue Rock floating bar at Subic Bay. Sure is relaxing to swill a few SM Lights and listen to the sweet sing song voices of the Filipinas :)

attachicon.gif2014-04-25 16.47.54.jpg

I think you may be referring to Panglao island.

Quite an enjoyable spot to consume 35 peso SML. :drinks:

post-123-0-08012300-1403175971_thumb.jpg

post-123-0-88490600-1403175837_thumb.jpg

And some of the local wildlife..

post-123-0-44116500-1403175926_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

attachicon.gif2014-04-25 16.47.54.jpg

I might take in a few days in Subic in November myself lance and hopefully Bohol next year, where did you stay mate?

I might take in a few days in Subic in November myself lance and hopefully Bohol next year, where did you stay mate?

Stayed at an Aussie owned place called "Up The Alley", 900 pesos/night. Just past Blue Rock, on the land side, no ocean view. I think Blue Rock and a few of the other upscale hotels/restaurants give a 10% (?) discount with a PIatnight card. Its free and available at Lost In Asia bar, Angeles City. I used the discount card at several bars and for my breakfasts at Blue Rock :)

post-4587-0-37271300-1403250739_thumb.jp

Little factoid about why the Thai economy outperforms the Philippines. Apologies, I took a pic from the news paper, low quality, but readable...

post-4587-0-25029300-1403250866_thumb.jp

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great pics and great reports, Dave. Very timely, too, as my girl and I will be going there next Tuesday, for 6 nights. Staying at Le Soleil in Zone 2. 23K THB/6 nights, breakfast included.

Info on Ariel Point was great. Hadn't considered it, but now it's a must do.

Also, useful info on Caticlan to accommodations. Was the price you quoted for 2 or per person? Now that you have some experience, would you use the same service or is there a less pricey route?

• Upvote 2

Excellent reporting Amigo, I can well see why you like the P I , great scenery and lovely Girls   :biggrin:

:drinks:

Also, useful info on Caticlan to accommodations. Was the price you quoted for 2 or per person? Now that you have some experience, would you use the same service or is there a less pricey route?

The price was for the two of us Soc, ...you could do it yourself and save yourself a few hundred Pesos but as you have not got a clue what you are doing or where to go its a very small price to pay imho, these guys will do everything for you and get you from A to B a lot quicker too, I would definately use their service again and personally think 1000 Pesos is a great price (for two) which includes TERMINAL FEE AND ENVIRONMENTAL FEE

Also if your happy with the service then get his number, we used the same guy again on the return journey from our Accomodation to the Airport B)

Enjoy your trip to Boracay and let us know how you get on pal :drinks:

Some more info here

http://www.boracaywhitebeach.com/

Excellent reporting Amigo, I can well see why you like the P I , great scenery and lovely Girls   :biggrin:

:drinks:

Thanx Tel, you see boyo I am not as stupid as I look , well thats what you keep telling me anyway amogo :sad0116:

:biggrin:

Some more info on Ariel's Point

Getting There

Trips to Ariel's Point depart daily at 11:30 a.m. from Ariel's House, which is located along Boracay's main White Beach near Station 1 between Club Paraw and the Obama Grill.  At the current time, tickets for Ariel's Point can only be purchased through the Boracay Beach Club (just across the main road from Ariel's House in Station 1).  You can reach Ariel's House and the Boracay Beach Club by walking along White Beach (about a 10 minute walk from D'Mall) or hiring a tricycle and asking them to bring you to the Boracay Beach Club in Station 1. 

In order to guarantee your reservation, we recommend purchasing your tickets for Ariel's Point by making a reservation with the Boracay Beach Club at least one full day before your planned departure.  You can pay for your tickets by purchasing them in-person at the Boracay Beach Club OR by making your payment online at least one full day prior to your planned trip date by visiting their reservations page and mentioning Ariel's Point and your desired trip date in the message section.  Tickets are subject to availability and cannot be confirmed until after payment has been made.  You can also purchase your tickets on a first-come, first-serve basis at Ariel's House anytime before 11:00 a.m. on the day of your planned departure.  However, there is no guarantee that space will still be available on the day of the trip, especially during the peak season.  A map to the Boracay Beach Club can be viewed here.

After you have purchased your tickets, please proceed to Ariel's House beachfront lounge (in front of the Boracay Beach Club) by 11:15 a.m. on the day of departure.  A member of our staff will then guide you to the Ariel's Point outrigger in front of Station 1 at 11:30 a.m. 

The trip from Boracay Island's Station 1 to Ariel's Point lasts approximately 30-40 minutes, although the duration of the trip will fluctuate depending on the weather and type of watercraft used.  Even if you do not plan on cliff diving, we recommend wearing a swimsuit and bringing a towel, since you will have ample opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and paddling when you arrive at the destination.  Trips typically return to White Beach just before sunset.  The Ariel's Point package, which includes round-trip boat transfer, local appetizers, a BBQ lunch, merienda (afternoon snacks), unlimited select drinks (bottled water, select sodas, select juices, San Miguel Pale Pilsen, San Miguel Light, Red Horse, and dark rum), all entrance fees, and full use of Ariel's Point amenities (diving platforms, snorkeling gear, canoes, kayaks, and floating raft) is currently being offered for only 1,600 PHP per person (2,000 PHP beginning March 1, 2014).

@Duke007

First of all thankx for the awesome TR and posting , cool info......

Question , i hear from friends that there is also a cool discotheek or two on the island , did you visit any if so what is your personal view of it , and the picture of the wildlife girl that you post , is it a gg or a ladyboy , and does she live there or was there also on the prowl.......

Greetz , Stealth

@Duke007

First of all thankx for the awesome TR and posting , cool info......

Question , i hear from friends that there is also a cool discotheek or two on the island , did you visit any if so what is your personal view of it , and the picture of the wildlife girl that you post , is it a gg or a ladyboy , and does she live there or was there also on the prowl.......

Greetz , Stealth

Hi Buddy, I did not do the Disco thing myself but here a few that are available

And the pic of the wildlife girl was posted by azza so maybe he will answer that question  :biggrin:

1. Cocomangas

Described as one of the classiest places to party, Cocomangas is a very popular party spot for foreigners as well as the locals. Started in 1987, the club is still famous for its challenge ‘still standing 15 shots’. If you in, you will have your name engraved in the ‘Boracay wall of Fame’ and also take home a free T-shirt as the prize. The Dj plays dance, hip hop, house music etc. and the large dance floor pulls in the crowd all the night long. The main bar at the front is always crowded and the side bar at back is a comfort zone for the tired soles.

Note: Admission is free all night

Here's a review

Great crowd and music. We danced til 2am (when it closes) every night we were there.

(Source: TripAdvisor)

Location: Station 1 behind main road (ask a trike to take you)

Phone:+63 36 288 6384

Happy Hour: 7:30pm until 9:30pm - 2 for 1

Regular Price: San Miguel 65 PhP

Here's a video

(Source: asiantravel)

2. Epic

As the name suggest, you can get a glimpse of what to expect in there. One of the largest clubs on the Island, Epic is all about a classy lunge style ambience. With large events and famous DJ’s grooving you in their beats, dance till dawn in the Epic. Located in the heart of the White Beach, this club is always teaming with the much sophisticated crowd of the island.

Here's a review

t is so far the best night club in boracay.. prices are a little bit higher compare to other bars in boracay, but their music is great which brings more crowd and you'll definitely enjoy the rest of the night

(Source: TripAdvisor)

Address: Aklan D' Mall Boracay, Brgy. Balabag, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan, Philippines

Phone:+63 36 288 1477

Happy Hour: 2:00pm until 8:00pm - 2 for 1

Regular Price: San Miguel 80 PhP

c403d786fd729cf09d9271538ac574bc_1393843

(Source: VikramDeep)

3. Club Summer Place

A great place to party all night, Club Summer Place is located directly on the White Beach with plenty of seating arrangements for inside and outside the club. With two dance floors in offer, the bar extends almost through the entire location. The club is famous for house and chart music, and clothing is casual or beachwear. Enjoy free admission until midnight. The place becomes really crowded post 1 a.m.

Note: Admission is free until about midnight then an entrance fee is charged up to 300 pesos

Here's a review

another landmark when visiting the island, summer place is a great place to unwind and party the night away. I used to love the reggae vibe of this place, during the afternoon you will hear artists playing their bongos to reggae music and for the bob marley fans this is a sure winner. I dont know what happened tp the club nowadays, probably getting into the trend of whats hot and whats not. They now have strobe lights and DJ's playing. It's still a great place to have fun as everywhere else in boracay but for me it should have stayed true to its origin where it started. But im not complaining, this is still one of my favorite hangouts whenever im in the island.

(Source:  TripAdvisor)

Address: White Beach Manggayad, Philippines

Here's a video

(Source: asiantravel)

4. Wave Bar and Lounge

Formerly known as MO2 Bar, Wave Bar and Lounge is located at the beachfront of Boracay Regency. The club boosts two spacious designed dance floor with an open air lounge and air conditioned club on the second floor. You can enjoy thumping music by great DJ’s and live bands on the second floor all the night. If you are visiting the lounge during the day, get hold of the tastiest Tapas ever.

Here's a review

Wave Bar is the latest party place, situated at Boracay Regency Beach Resort's beachfront, that is launched on the island. This party venue is said to be equipped with speakers using the plane wave technology. Wave Bar's happy hour is between 6pm and 10pm. Buy 1 Take 1 on local beers at Php 80, selected classic cocktails and standard drinks.

(Source: Boracay Party Places)

Timings: 5:00pm - 3:00am

Happy Hour: 5:00pm - 10:00pm 

Regular Price: San Miguel 80 PhP

Here's a video

(Source: Marvin Isleta)

• Upvote 1

Duke- can you PM me his number if you have it, please, or just post it here?

This is his number pal, the missus has just told me to look at my phone call log and here it is

He charged me 1000 Pesos and was hanging outside of Caticlan Airport at this point (close to the exit doors of the airport), again I will say even though you can do it cheaper by yourself this guy saves a whole load of hassle imho... B)

If you cannot get him then there are many others outside doing the same service

post-136-0-60962700-1404740180_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-24359500-1404740237_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1