Visas to Bring a Ladyboy Home Thread

bumblebee

Just though it would be helpful if we pooled any experiences good, bad or indifferent we may have had regarding obtaining a visa to bring a ladyboy or GG back to your home country for a visit.  I recently managed to get a visa for Ireland and some guys have said to me since why not share how you did it with other members.  So while my experience only involves getting a Thai national into Ireland I'd imagine the basics are similar for most western nations.

There are 2 routes to go in obtaining a visa.

1 Avail of the services of a visa company, here are many in Pattaya and I am sure elsewhere around Los where farangs gather.

2 Do it by yourself.

I decided to do it by myself and so have have no experience of the visa companies, perhaps someone who has can share their insights here.  The Irish consulate gave me a sheet of requirement, one section being

Required Documents - Contact/Host in Ireland

A Letter of Invitation,

Copy of all Pages of my passport,

A bank statement,

Current utility bill where the visitor will be accommodated

and the other section

Required Documents - Applicant

Undertaking letter ie reason for visit, how long, undertaking that you will observe the conditions of the visa, if you are unemployed please state what you are doing.

Passport valid for 6 months

If you are employed a letter, stating how long you have been employed, your travel dates and the date you will return to work

A detailed statement of your bank account (covering previous 6 months)

House Registration Book ( all Thais have this, it's a document to show where they were born)

Provisional Flight booking

Evidence of insurance.

There were other family member requirements on the form but this did not apply to us in this application. 

So just from a quick browse you can see potential problems if the girl is "unemployed" so to speak which fortunately for me was not the case.  I'll give more details in the next post, so feel free to add any info you may have and ask questions if you wish me to elaborate on any of the requirements above.

• Upvote 1

I am told, generally speaking, it is MUCH harder to get a Thai into the US than most places in Europe. I attended a expat club meeting years ago where Darren of Key Visa was giving a presentation on getting a Thai back to Europe (especially England). An American in the audiance asked about the US and Darren did not want to even get into the subject. Not that it couldn't be done but there were many more hoops to jump through.  

• Upvote 1

The problem with getting a Thai into the US is that one must prove the Thai will return to Thailand.

Unfortunately, a return ticket isn't enough; one must show things like a good job (not a job in a go-go or beauty shop), owning a car or real estate, owning a business, things like that.

Also, if a US citizen writes a letter of invitation or agrees to take care of a visitor, that can actually make things worse as Immigration might think the Thai is coming over for the purpose of marriage.

Years ago, some guys were flying Thais into Canada and then crossing the border into the US.  I suspect the border has tightened up in recent years.  Then again, maybe Mexico through Tijuana is an idea...

• Upvote 1

That could be really useful someday :).

what was the requirements on the host. Was there income minimums or anything like that

No income minimum as far as I could see.  Basically I got the impression they wanted to see that you (the host) had enough money in the bank for the duration of the visit to cover any costs that the visitor may need. 

While on the subject of money they did want to see the visitor's bank account as I mentioned above.  In this case there was a regular salary going into her account but that was all gone by the end of every month.  When I mentioned this to the consulate and asked if this was a potential problem as in reality she had no savings they said not to worry as they are more concerned with the host's bank account.

I imagine that once you had a successful visit the next visa would be easier to get.

I believe so.  Once you are in the system then it should be easier.  Like the guys say above the USA seems to be a particularly difficult one.  I have been told also that for the UK, the Thai has to visit a UK office in Bangkok, not sure if it's the embassy but I'd imagine so and do any interview as part of the visa process

Years ago, some guys were flying Thais into Canada and then crossing the border into the US.  I suspect the border has tightened up in recent years.  Then again, maybe Mexico through Tijuana is an idea...

Very, very difficult to get a Thai, GG or LB into Canada. 

Just remember to keep a copy and record of everything you hand in to a consulate or embassy. In my case the consulate were happy enough with photo copies for all the paperwork. They siad they prefer it that way as they cannot return any document submitted.

• 8 months later...

I don't know where best to put this question so I will post here for now.

As some may know I spent a few months in the Philippines and had a great time.

I'm home now and the party is over. I would like to bring a girl here for a visit. Maybe a month or six weeks.

I have read the visa requirements and wonder has anyone here done this. I'm especially interested in those from EU and if possible Ireland.

I know BB has done this but I think it was a spouse visa. I'm not getting married.

Thanks.

I know in the US they scrutinize the visa app especially the employment/financial resources of the applicant. If they aren't deemed financially secure enough they are considered a risk for overstaying as an illegal resident or being exploited as a prostitute & they'll deny the app, especially if there are no immediate family members in country.

I'd be interested to learn the differences in Europe.

I know BB has done this but I think it was a spouse visa. I'm not getting married.

Thanks.

It was actually a Tourist Visa also TC and below is what I wrote at the time.  There was one special document required as she is Thai and that was a House Registration Book ( all Thais have this, it's a document to show where they were born) and I'd imagine there might be a similar document required for someone from the PIs.  As long as you supply all the documents required they cannot refuse the visa.  However they may refuse the application initially like they did with us over two minor points, but we appealed it and addressed the two issues we were refused on and all was fine.  The appeal took about 2 or 3 weeks.

Just though it would be helpful if we pooled any experiences good, bad or indifferent we may have had regarding obtaining a visa to bring a ladyboy or GG back to your home country for a visit.  I recently managed to get a visa for Ireland and some guys have said to me since why not share how you did it with other members.  So while my experience only involves getting a Thai national into Ireland I'd imagine the basics are similar for most western nations.

There are 2 routes to go in obtaining a visa.

1 Avail of the services of a visa company, here are many in Pattaya and I am sure elsewhere around Los where farangs gather.

2 Do it by yourself.

I decided to do it by myself and so have have no experience of the visa companies, perhaps someone who has can share their insights here.  The Irish consulate gave me a sheet of requirement, one section being

Required Documents - Contact/Host in Ireland

A Letter of Invitation,

Copy of all Pages of my passport,

A bank statement,

Current utility bill where the visitor will be accommodated

and the other section

Required Documents - Applicant

Undertaking letter ie reason for visit, how long, undertaking that you will observe the conditions of the visa, if you are unemployed please state what you are doing.

Passport valid for 6 months

If you are employed a letter, stating how long you have been employed, your travel dates and the date you will return to work

A detailed statement of your bank account (covering previous 6 months)

House Registration Book ( all Thais have this, it's a document to show where they were born)

Provisional Flight booking

Evidence of insurance.

There were other family member requirements on the form but this did not apply to us in this application. 

So just from a quick browse you can see potential problems if the girl is "unemployed" so to speak which fortunately for me was not the case.  I'll give more details in the next post, so feel free to add any info you may have and ask questions if you wish me to elaborate on any of the requirements above.

• Upvote 2

Did the duration of stay have any impact. Also the funds to cover medical expenses. Would travel insurance not cover that.

The Tourist Visa to Ireland is valid for 3 months but we only used it for a month.  The insurance covers medical stuff, but I presume the bank savings is to show you have enough money to support her for the duration of the visit.  Not sure how much they want to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for word on the Long Stay visa.  They (Immigration in Dublin) said we would have a decision before 23 April and that they are dealing with applications handed in in late August at the moment.  Ours arrived in on 24 October so it could be almost 2 more months before we hear anything.  I keep reassuring herself she is not missing anything and that the weather will be a bit better when she finally arrives.  Well ya gotta say something.

Cheers TC,  it all depends on how many applicants were handed in between late August and 24 October of course so with a bit of good fortune there may not have been many.  I was talking to a Thai woman I know who has lived here for about 15 years and she said when she first applied it took her 3 weeks.   Different times indeed.