Would You Still Come to Thailand if the Bars Closed from Midnight to 4 am?

bumblebee

Curfew hours  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Still Come to Thailand if the Bars Closed from Midnight to 4 am?

• Yes, I am always tucked up in bed by then
    • No, that's is my favourite hunting time.

I'm a late night person.

If going out for a few drinks, my preferred start time is about 11PM.

I like that there is a 24 hour Family Mart a minute away.  I like that the supermarket near me closes at 2:30 so I can pop in on the way home.

If I was single, I'd live somewhere else.

When In Pattaya I often don't even go out to dinner until 9 PM. Midnight would be a drag. If I already had a trip paid for I would probably go and adjust my schedule. But it would be different. Maybe a lot less bad hangovers.  :biggrin:  

• Upvote 2

Guest sustra

yes, i am already booked, plane & hotel.....i am a late person as well ( never went to sleep before 5 a.m. in Thailand or Phi.) ...even if the curfew started at 8 p.m. nothing could stop me from flying down to Bangkok in 15 days...and as Xyzzy says  ...lot less bad hangovers and more.........beautiful lbs. when sober i usually make good choices....

• Upvote 1

I doubt I'd be as shallow as to base trips upon what time bars close.

My whole business life revolves around a stop off in LOS , and the night life in Hong Kong..and the Ladyboys. In fact the business is a sideline so i can enjoy myself on the other pleasantries

Midnight is just about ok for me in Soi 4.. in the bar at 7.30 and out at 11..

• Upvote 1

When I was in my late teens and twenties, i'e when I first started going to bars, everything in Belfast was shut by 11p.m The only exception was nightclubs, which had a licence to 1am (and not a minute after). As I am sure is the current case in LOS, there are always the shebeens which will serve at all hours behind closed and locked doors, but these were few and far between and catered to a certain, errrr, fraternity.

Also, there were no late night shopping malls, all would be closed by 5 p.m except on Thursday when they could open extra late until 9p.m, so getting a take away and some munchies wasn't an option late on either. Then off course there was Sunday - Christ on a bike don't get me started on a Sunday. Never mind not being able to get a beer, the bloody swings in the kiddies play parks were tied up for fuck sake!!!!

But it was what we had, and we lived with it, went out early, came home early, we didn't know any different. So to answer the question, yes, I would still go, adopt, adapt and embrace the status laid out in front of me. Not saying it would be easy, but it could be done. And as BigTel alludes to, it might be nice to actually do something fruitful in the daylight hours, rather than just crawling in to bed as day breaks and staying there until daylight is almost over.

• Upvote 1

I doubt I'd be as shallow as to base trips upon what time bars close.

Drinking beer and employing the services of prostitutes doesn't form the cornerstone of my existence.

.. although it is a bonus  :biggrin:

Time for a recalibration ;)

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't worry me at all. I'm off to bed about 9.00 p.m. and up and having my 3rd piss for the night about 4.00 a.m. One of the benefits of advancing years, I suppose. Stuffed bladder and a piss horn. The latter can come in handy if there's been a failure to perform earlier in the evening.

:biggrin:

Nowadays, as lifestyles and habits change, I am not at all bothered by this curfew time... It gives me a good chance to get out and about (by myself) in the afternoons at times and do my own thing till the missus finishes work at half 8.. lol  

I'm more of a take it how it is kinda guy now.. Out-feckin-standing

Guest JustSumGai

Not booking flight to Thailand as things are at present. Ill go to Colombia or Argentina. Brazil is out because of World Cup. 

hmmm....so tell us about Columbia :) THAT I can do in half a day flight.