Curfew from 10pm to 5am - countrywide

Snick

Bars may be closed but the internet is alive and well. No excuse not to have a honey in your room. Dragged my ass home at 4am with a honey in tow. Only difference was the lights were out and no traffic.

On Soi Diana the beer bars beside Areca Lodge had multiple people drinking and chillin but without lights.

Bar girls need their money and falangs need their honey.

Cheers,

ET

• Upvote 2

Thought I heard on TV that the curfew hours are being changed from 11Pm to 4AM but unclear if that starts tonight or tomorrow.

I was watching Channel NewsAsia while simultaneously browsing LBR so not sure  exactly what was said.

Guest sustra

THAI ARMY UPDATE - Thai Army sources say the curfew times will start to ease off to midnight on Sunday and end by Wednesday. Let's hope that our sources are right

One of the staff in the PBG said the curfew might lifted in the next day or 2 for what it's worth. Pinch of salt has been taken.

Doesn't look possible at the moment. Military still making progress. Detainees must be singing as the military are asking more people to report.

Really, the curfew isn't that bad; it gives more time between the sheets with your BF!

• Upvote 1

There was an official announcement that there will be no change in the curfew. Probably made because of all the rumors flying around.

update:

Cascade just posted on their Facebook that they are "open late again", I guess that means they made some deal with cops to ignore Soi 4.

• Upvote 1

Was with 6 Bm;s last night and 2 of them who spend a lot of time here are considering going elsewhere if the curfew does not end very soon..........1 says he has had the best time ever because of it .............1 goes home tomorrow and the other 2 are involved so it makes little difference...........33% going elsewhere certainly ominous sign for the tourist industry...Bangkok must be in dire straights!

• Upvote 2

Apparently businesses on Walking St can stay open until midnight from tomorrow.

Not only limited to Walking Street.

As of Wednesday 28th May ...

Junta changes curfew time to midnight - 4 am

The National Council for Peace and Order announced Tuesday night that the curfew period will be reduced to four hours a day from midnight to 4 am.

The new curfew time will take effect on Wednesday.

Source: The Nation

If you think about it this situation is pretty unique .

Anywhere else in the world a military coup would only come about when the existing system had totally broken down .

The most recent example that springs to mind is Egypt and that was on the back of a fully fledged revolution .

I was amazed at the situation in Pattaya when this charade was announced , I did not see one soldier and very few police yet everyone just complied meekly , the main fear was being fined by police for keeping businesses open .

If this was my country people would be rioting on the streets .

It was mostly left to the Keystone cops of the Tourist Police to strut around Walking Street closing bars , what a thrill it must have been to be able to play pretend soldiers as well as pretend police .

What a shambles bound to be great for future tourism .

• Upvote 1

For night owls and guys on holiday the Cindedella scenario of having to be out of sight by midnight is still a bummer. Midnight to 4 am is the heart of many a night out in the resorts as we all well know.

There is nothing as bad when trying to have a sociable evening with friends and having to keep an eye on the time, wondering if you can squeeze another drink in.