Mike's Mexican

pdogg

Funny, Lefty kept trying to suggest this place to Siam Sam and I when we were in town back in February. But with the huge Mexican population in Spokane, you can't swing a cat without knocking over a bowl of salsa here so I didn't want to waste a meal on food I could get much better at home.

For me, it would be like flying to Paris and then eating at McDonalds. Plenty of folks do though.

I'd be happy eating Thai food all the time..............and the 30 baht joints keep me within budget. :D

Besides the good food at Mike's, the ambiance is excellent and service quite friendly. A bit out of the way off the tourist track though.

Funny, Lefty kept trying to suggest this place to Siam Sam and I when we were in town back in February. But with the huge Mexican population in Spokane, you can't swing a cat without knocking over a bowl of salsa here so I didn't want to waste a meal on food I could get much better at home.

For me, it would be like flying to Paris and then eating at McDonalds. Plenty of folks do though.

What about Siam Sammy though? Are you and he now cohabiting as famous homosexual lovers in Spokane now?

I ate at McDs in Patts once with PD and Kahuna. I guess you think that makes us dorks?

Mike's is IMO the best Mex in Patts. I've tried that place down from the Penthouse, same side, and found it mediocre at best.

I mentioned Mike's to Crabby one evening, and I believe he was well into his cups, surprise surprise, because he went into a rant about how Mike's sucked and named a couple he found better, including the one near the Penthouse. :o

I've never found anyone who agrees with him on that topic.

One dilemma for me at Mike's is deciding which Margarita to order. They have about 8 different flavored ones, besides traditional and also virgin Margaritas for tea totalers like PDogg...55555.

I've never found anyone who agrees with him on that topic.

The Blue Parrot on Soi 13/4 (down from Obsessions/Penthouse) is not bad at all...Very good beef tacos (don't order the soft tacos though)...The best in town I think...and their freshly made tortilla chips and salsa win hands down...So Crabbie is not far off the mark...Ladyboy Crush also swears it is the best in town...

Tequila Reef on Soi 7 makes a great margarita...either frozen or on the rocks...and serves a very tasty taquito appetizer...the other dishes I've sampled are so so...But you can sit inside an airconed room...It's also a good place to take your LB sweetie cause they also serve very good Thai dishes...

I've only eaten an Mike's once with PD (thank you again PD) and it does have the nicest setting and ambiance of the three...But the dish I had was so so...and I'm afraid I didn't try their margaritas...It's just a bit out of the way to go on the spur...But it was crowded the night I was there with both farang and Thai customers...So folks have found it and apparently like it...

Now I have tasted a bit of Mexican food in my day...I'm a Calif native and now live in Arizona and have traveled extensively throughout Mexico over the years...In my opinion, none of these three would last long against real competition...But this is Pattaya and when you stay long time...any port...

I recommend all three for a fun filled lunch, dinner or margarita drunk...

The part about never finding anyone who agreed with Crabby, was his saying Mike's sucked. Blue Parrot has been around a lot longer I think and many people must like it. I ate there once, had Nacho Grande Platter, and IMO it was mediocre. I've had trouble finding a decent Nacho Grande Platter anywhere in LOS for that matter.

I had one here last week and it was very good however. Best one I've had in SEA. Still, like ya say, not gonna find much anywhere over here to match what you can get in the US Southwest.