Austria's Transgender Eurovision Entry Angers Russia etc.

bumblebee

Looks like some elements of the Russian anti gay brigade are not happy with this entry from Austria in the Eurovision Song Contest.  The name is Conchita Wurst, and I wonder would any of you dabble if there were not witnesses. :rolleye0012:

Austrian drag queen Conchita Wurst, best known for performing in full make-up and tight dresses while rocking a beard, has received mixed reactions to his plans to perform in the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen. One Russian politician is certainly putting in his two cents, initially asking the country to boycott the event. Continued...

post-106-0-38546500-1399041919_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Guest sustra

in the branch of philosophy called aestethica, bad or good advertising do not exist..so in any case, any point of view, the russian anti "gay" brigade is wrong. they should just hush....philosophically speaking

for example: now i know who Conchita is, otherwise i wouldn't even know who the hell was she and, same same , eurovision....are u going to loose 2 hours of your life to watch eurovision? before no...now maybe....

a very wrong strategy...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe her photos could be put into the pretty boys dressed as girls thread? :crazy:

Eurovision is no stranger to controversy as back in 1998 (seems like yesterday), Israeli postop ts, Dana International won with this song:

No beard on this lady!

• Upvote 2