Favorite drama TV series

JaiDee

Good links from DC. I'm getting all my stuff from thepiratebay.se again but I see today it redirected me to thepiratebay.gd. For TV shows I try to get stuff from EZTV/ETTV (one is a mirror of the other) when I can. Or user Uled is usually good.

EZTV have their own website eztv.ch which is easier to navigate then thepiratebay. It allows you to select a TV series and then brings up all the episodes in one list which normally has a high and low resolution option. The only drawback is that it's always individual episodes rather then a whole series in one torrent which you can find on TPB, kickass, rarbg etc

The one show I'm stuck on is Breaking Bad. I enjoyed the series so much but I still have watched the last series. I don't know if it's because I don't want it to end or I don't want to spoil the series, I know it's not going to end well for Walter.

• Upvote 1

The one show I'm stuck on is Breaking Bad. I enjoyed the series so much but I still have watched the last series. I don't know if it's because I don't want it to end or I don't want to spoil the series, I know it's not going to end well for Walter.

I wish I had this ahead of me. Its the best TV-serie ever! Let us know what you think of the ending.

I agree Seven.....there was never a better series made than that one.

You know , a  year now after  BB ended, I was thinking about  how well it holds up? When you're right in the middle of it, maybe you aren't objective enough. So does it? Is it the best show ever? Is it better than Sopranos, Six feet under or The Wire? I've watched it only once.

I came to the conclusion it is. Sopranos as a very close second, but for me Breaking Bad is the best ever

I liked The Sopranos, but for me it wasn't even in my top 5.  I thought Chris was super-annoying, but I loved the part of Tony played by James Gandolfini {R.I.P}.  Very good show though.

I much preferred; Breaking Bad, Shameless {Chicago, still running}, The Wire, even a lot of the Law and Order seasons. I thought for the time Hill Street Blues was utterly fantastic; if we were having this debate in 1984 or so it would easily be my number 1.

Right now I am really into The Newsroom, surprised I didn't try it sooner!

The new "Thunderbirds are go" with "International rescue" and the guy who does the Parker voice over is the SAME guy that did it years back (he's in his late 80's). Many of the animations by "Weta Digital" the NZ firm that did much of "Lord of the Rings" amoungst other movies

The main difference is that you can't see the wires anymore. Jerry & Sylvia Anderson, way ahead of their time.

It's like being a kid all over again. What's not to like. Compulsory Sunday night viewing.

• 3 weeks later...

This new TV show looks like it's going to be very, very good indeed. Based upon the first episode I'm already looking forward to more. It was aired last Wednesday, 24th June.

Mr.Robot

Thanks for the tip, DC. I need some new good series. 

I  can recommend 'Bloodline' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3520702/. Its a drama with some great acting. Sam Shepard  Ben Mendelsohn  and Chloe Sevigny starring, only that is worth watching it.

I have first episode of second season of True Detective downloaded but haven't watched it yet, so can't comment or compare to the excellent first season.

• 3 weeks later...

I must say I feel COMPLETELY misled by Mr Dixon Cox.

Four episodes of Mr Robot have I watched - FOUR! - and NOT ONE Robot to be seen.

Yours,

Disgusted of South Pattaya.

As one so erudite as yourself I'm more than a little shocked that didn't appear to have recognised that the title of the show is a proper noun, as opposed to a common noun.  Mr.Robot has appeared in every episode so far.

Yours,

Disappointed of Central Pattaya

Watched "Luther" & thought it was several cuts above the usual cop show mostly due to the lead performance by Idris Elba, he makes the flawed character come alive through sheer passion, & the bizarre occasional character played by Ruth Wilson who I was previously was unaware of but who easily holds her own in scenes with Elba... I will be looking for her in future roles.

Also been watching "Jack Taylor" (both of these series are on Netflix) which isn't the greatest series ever but pretty watchable & entertaining mostly due to Ian Glen in the title role & the unique shooting location of Galway. 

"House of Cards" is excellent, especially the first 2 seasons, but really cynical & dark & I needed to take a break from the amoral characters after a while since any character with a shred of decency gets thoroughly f#cked & humiliated in the ceaseless grab for power.

• Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Its not a fav of mine but for a giggle I watch Wanker Town ( Brown town Alaska ) . The inbred retards on there a funny. I watched a rerun yesterday when to of the boys went out to catch crab but did not check if the line was long enough , so they put the pot in and the pot and the float went strait to the bottom and you could hear the film crew laughing in the background . When they got back to camp they forgot to tie the boat up and it floated away 5555.  

• 3 weeks later...

I recently changed to Comcast so have been getting all the premium channels for the first time in many years. I watched all the episodes of Banshee and really liked it. I am part way through True Blood and Dexter and both of them suit me pretty well too. 

The best new (for me) show is one Jai Dee told us about a long time back. Shameless. That show is off the charts awesome. 

I tried getting into the Walking Dead. After 5 or 6 episodes I decided it wasn't for me. 

I stopped Breaking Bad after Krysten Ritter's character OD'd.  She is one hot white chick. 

Recently I discovered channels like MeTV, GetTV, and Antenna TV and have been watching reruns of many old westerns. Most of them I never saw or it was so long ago I do not remember, so it is like all new shows. 

The early black&white half hour episodes of Gunsmoke are great. Matt Dillon was much more of a bad ass back then. By the time it became one hour, in color, and Festus replaced Chester, Matt had really mellowed out. Miss Kitty was much hotter back in the B&W days too. Amanda Blake was a heavy smoker and you can see how from the start to the end of the series, she aged much more than James Arness did.

Also been watching Cimarron City, Tombstone Territory, The Restless Gun, Wagon Train, and Trackdown. All the episodes are like brand new stuff for me. 

Watching The Rifleman, Bonanza and The Big Valley too sometimes and  I guess I've seen many of them before, but most I do not remember either.

• Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...
On 7/19/2015 at 2:40 AM, Hefe said:

"House of Cards" is excellent, especially the first 2 seasons, but really cynical & dark & I needed to take a break from the amoral characters after a while since any character with a shred of decency gets thoroughly f#cked & humiliated in the ceaseless grab for power.

Grab.

Presidents do that these days.

President Trump grabs them by the pussy.

President Frank Underwood grabs them by the cock.

Spacey just came out of the closet.

House of Cards cancelled because hr grabbed cock but The Donald is still POTUS.

Days after Netflix halted production on House of Cards in the wake of sexual harassment allegations against its star, eight people who work on the show have come forward to accuse Kevin Spacey of sexual harassment, and in one case, assault, CNN reports.

The accusers allege that Spacey sexually harassed crew members routinely over the course of the show's six seasons. They claim Spacey's "predatory" behavior turned the set of House of Cards into a "toxic" environment, where young male staffers were frequently subjected to crude comments and touched inappropriately.

One production assistant said Spacey sexually assaulted him during a car ride to the show's set outside Baltimore. Spacey, who was driving, allegedly put his hands down the PA's pants, an advance he described as nonconsensual.

"I was in a state of shock," the PA told CNN. "He was a man in a very powerful position on the show, and I was someone very low on the totem pole and on the food chain there."

Minutes later, after the two brought Spacey's stuff into the star's trailer, the actor allegedly cornered the PA and touched him inappropriately. The PA said he told Spacey he was uncomfortable, and the actor reportedly left the set for the rest of the day.

Another crew member told CNN he was regularly subjected to Spacey's advances and crude comments.

"He would put his hands on me in weird ways," the crew member told CNN. "He would come in and massage my shoulders from behind or put his hands around me or touch my stomach sometimes in weird ways that in normal everyday conversation would not be appropriate."

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, seven said:

Tonights the last episode ever on Homeland. Great show. I hope Carrie won't kill Saul.

Same here, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this from the very first episode right up to now, looking forward to getting this off the torrents for viewing later on this evening. :drinks: 

• Like 1