"I know I can trust her." v "I think I can trust her."

bumblebee

To be honest I think it's part culture and part hormone abuse. There's a level of manipulation and deceit that I find wearisome. There's nothing sinister, just an attempt to control situations and events. Simple things like always being vague about when she'll return from a trip, or trying to prevent any situation arising where there's even a possibility of me sneaking off for a ride.

She obviously has no faith in me whatsoever.

Trust them or walk away. Going through a relationship with the thoughts of "what is she doing when I'm not there" is No way to live a life IMO.

You can trust them to not cheat.

You can trust them to cheat and not care (open relationship)

or trust them that they may cheat but at the end of the day you will get over it because it's is just sex. 

If you don't fall into one of the above then what's the point. Move on. 

I'm in the third category. It hasn't happened as of yet sometimes to my surprise. But I am well aware my wife has the same urges as I do (as a born man). I totally trust her to be honest with me. We have ground rules. Basically don't do something to cause the other to loose face like fuck someone who will be known to us after. 

E.g. 

She is planning on going on Mediterranean vacation with some friends of hers next year. She can fuck who she likes. I don't care. 

I am going to Thailand next summer without her. A friend of mine is getting married to some Thai farm girl. I'm going to the wedding and staying for a month. I will not be celibate for that month.

My wife is. Filipina Ladyboy. Together 4 years next month. Married for last 2.  

• Like 2