Any young(ish) mongers

garboi14

seems a little slow on this thread lately, but ill chime in as its relevant for me as well.  i am a 32 yr old and have been to thailand 2x.  each time were learning experiences.  check out the forums to find where to go and what to be careful of and enjoy the trip as much as you can.  I just wish i could go there more often. i live in china so you would think it would be easy to plan a long weekend.  :unsure:

If I lived in China I'd probably be in Thailand every weekend.  :biggrin:

well, while that would be nice, its only a 3 hour flight, the costs do add up rather quickly to be getting flights and hotels even in low season.  And as much as i would enjoy it I still have many places i want to see during my continued stay in china.  using all that time just in thailand would seem a little foolish when i can see so many places westerners mostly never get to.  my last trip for instance was Tibet->Mt Everest->Nepal.

It does also get a little weird if you travel solo and are the only person in the bars.  you become chum for the sharks.  if i had a like-minded wingman to plan with i would probable go more often.  ;3

• Upvote 3

It does also get a little weird if you travel solo and are the only person in the bars.  you become chum for the sharks.  if i had a like-minded wingman to plan with i would probable go more often.  ;3

Well, I suspect a lot, if not most farang go to the bars solo, at least initially, you only become chum when you want to be bitten. (Or had too much rice whiskey)  One of the advantages of this forum is the ability to meet up with like minded chums when you are in country.

What, if any, is the ladyboy scene like in your part of China? I know there was a tradition in the past & I wonder if it has revived/survived?

I don't know of any specific traditions here in dongguan other than that it was a huge mongering area for girls through ktv parlours. As far as ladyboy I have only see mention of a few in shenzhen and guangzhou. More in hong Kong and Macau from what I can tell but price here and hk are much higher than LOS. as of this past spring as well there are far fewer girls around and the ktv scene is also in shambles due to govt crackdown.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all, fairly new to the forum as well.  I'm 30 as well and have into lb's for about ten years but was limited to the internet only until just last year.  Made my first trip to Thailand and was hesitate at first, the first 3 nights would always chicken out, LOL!  I guess I was subconsciously intimidated by the "walk of shame" more than anything else.  But finally I overcame and stepped up; spent the remaining 5 nights w/ lb's exclusively and had the time of my life.  So much so that 5 months after that trip returned for an even longer stay and with one or two exceptions was with only lb's the entire time.  And am leaving in a month and a half for my third trip; a 12 night jaunt that can't get here fast enough!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm giddy with anticipation.  Have a running countdown calendar in my head!  I wish I would have discovered the scene a little earlier.  I'm still young but feel like I'm making up for lost time!  I think the main reason I couldn't rush off to Thailand when I first discovered my fascination with lb's boiled down to money.  If I would have tried to plan a trip a few years back would have had to sell blood & live off Top Ramen for 6 months to afford it.  As I've "matured" somewhat I'm finally in position financially where getting away once and even twice a year is feasible and quite doable with the right planning.