Bars with unexpectedly cheap beer

globetrotter

I'll just start off with a few :

My Friend you: 55tbt bottles (Chang, Leo) all day ( prettty cheap for soi 6 )

The Windmill : 80 tbt draft all day ( pretty cheap I'd say considering the "show " you get as well, and also considering its just off WS

XZone: 69 tbt (how appropriate ) draft all day again similar to Windmill as you get the show and again just off WS

One of the gogos in Nana (Temptations?) was/is recently charging 80tbt ( ?)

What I find so unexpected is that all these places could easily charge more (double even ) and still do well ,So what are your picks for this

• Upvote 1

Great idea for a thread GT!

The large Leos for 70 baht at Mouth Mouy or is it Mouy Mouth between 13/3 and 13/4 was certainly a surprise.

Beer is also pretty cheap at the place on the corner of Buakhao and Diana, name escapes me, no bargirls, so good for a chinwag with your mates.  There's a guesthouse upstairs, anyway it's the corner tha's not the 7, Family, or Subway.

What's cheap here is the large beers.  If you're with a friend and drink the same brand you are saving money by buying the large beer.  Haveb't been ther ein a while, large Chang might be 55 baht but not really sure about this,

Beer is also pretty cheap at the place on the corner of Buakhao and Diana, name escapes me, no bargirls, so good for a chinwag with your mates.  There's a guesthouse upstairs, anyway it's the corner tha's not the 7, Family, or Subway.

What's cheap here is the large beers.  If you're with a friend and drink the same brand you are saving money by buying the large beer.  Haven't been there in a while, large Chang might be 55 baht but not really sure about this,

Just remembered the name, Nikom Court (i think)

The Billabong LK metro all beer 2 for 1 always

The Drunken Duck LK Metro 15 baht off all beer during HH (all day and night ) Chang and Leo 55tbt

Sailors pub soi 8: 55 tbt beers cheap for soi 8 and another sign of its value is that all the LBs who work at Kings Bar get drunk there before going to work , so if u go about 9ish you will most certainly be surrounded by many of ours

Ah just noticed the little green box

• Upvote 1

A couple of bars in the road off Soi Buakhao where Oasis a Go Go is (Soi Chaipooy before Canterbury Tales)have good specials.....Triangle Bar 2 for 1 until Midnight (95 Baht for 2 small Tiger)and the bar across the road,don't know the name 2 for 1 24 hours

Barbie Bar, was often in there last November for a nightcap (vodka/lippo) because I was staying at the Chow Soy but always ended up in there until 6am Beer7.gif

• Upvote 1

Many of the bars mentioned so far, such as the one under Nikom Court, Barbie Bar, Triangle, Katiseree etc.. Whenever I go past they always appear very well patronised, sometimes barely a spare seat to be had.

Just the other day I had a breakfast at Chow Soy on Chaiyapoon with a friend at 3 in the afternoon and Triangle and Barbie Bar were almost packed already. I guess they rely on sheer turnover of small profit per drink from many sales as opposed to the all too often modus operandi of fleecing for one or two.

Similar to the PBG, having a large turnover from small profit certainly seems to work and makes the bar look popular too. Chances are you'd be tempted to enter a busy bar rather than an empty one, same goes for restaurants.

• Upvote 1

One of the gogos in Nana (Temptations?) was/is recently charging 80tbt ( ?)

The Temptations 80 baht beer special is now the 100 baht beer special.  Still a good price for a Go Go and it includes all beers and all night long.

YoYo in December.

post-1488-0-24701300-1395674010_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure as this qualifies as "unexpectedly cheap"  but the 34th floor rooftop bar at the Hilton is awesome.

There's a great crossbrezze so always feel cool.  It could be problematic during rainy season as some of teh bar is exposed to the elements.

I like space.  I don't like being crammed into a place like a sardine.  The designer of Horizon(s) which I think is the bar's name, not sure, has positioned the tables much further apart than you would expect so there is no claustrophic feel.  Hotel lobby is same same lots of extra space which feels good.

They even have some sofa chairs where u can snuggle up with a lady(boy).

Heineken is 180 baht so needs to be nursed but considering that I've seen Walking Street GoGos with 165 baht Heineken it's pretty good.

It is clearly delineated on the bill that tax and 10% surcharge is included. Many of the patrons are probably hotel guests who just sign for the bill.

They also have a happy hour between 5PM and 7PM where specialty cocktails such as mojitos and pina coladas are 2 for 290 baht which works out to 145 baht.  When you're up there, it's so nice you will probably want a second drink so this is a good value although doesn't quite qualify as unexpectedly cheap. Nice place to watch the sunset.

An unexpected surprise that even given my very tight budget, I think is a good value.

• Upvote 2

• 9 months later...

Not sure as this qualifies as "unexpectedly cheap"  but the 34th floor rooftop bar at the Hilton is awesome.

There's a great crossbrezze so always feel cool.  It could be problematic during rainy season as some of teh bar is exposed to the elements.

I like space.  I don't like being crammed into a place like a sardine.  The designer of Horizon(s) which I think is the bar's name, not sure, has positioned the tables much further apart than you would expect so there is no claustrophic feel.  Hotel lobby is same same lots of extra space which feels good.

They even have some sofa chairs where u can snuggle up with a lady(boy).

Heineken is 180 baht so needs to be nursed but considering that I've seen Walking Street GoGos with 165 baht Heineken it's pretty good.

It is clearly delineated on the bill that tax and 10% surcharge is included. Many of the patrons are probably hotel guests who just sign for the bill.

They also have a happy hour between 5PM and 7PM where specialty cocktails such as mojitos and pina coladas are 2 for 290 baht which works out to 145 baht.  When you're up there, it's so nice you will probably want a second drink so this is a good value although doesn't quite qualify as unexpectedly cheap. Nice place to watch the sunset.

An unexpected surprise that even given my very tight budget, I think is a good value.

pdogg, is that the Hilton on the river?  I looked on the map but there's a couple.  Is it the Millenium Hilton or the one on Sukhumvit Soi 24?

Last month Paradise Club was offering 6 beers for 500baht (bottled beer, incl. sml!). Not sure if it's still on or not but worth checking if you're in the area. A very good deal considering it's a bkk club. You do have to inform them you're going for the promotion before you make the initial order so they don't charge you a per bottle price.

Edit: credit goes to BM Gutsy who pointed it out to me

• Upvote 1

The owner of the Paradise Club is aslo offering this....

Great News Guys ...

To say thank you for the amazing response to our offer .

We are extending our FREE BAR FINE offer to 7 days a week exclusively for Board Members only .

Spend a minimum of 1000 baht on drinks to get your free Bar Fine.

Spend a minimum of 2000 baht on drinks to get 2 Free Bar Fines .

Thanks again guys for the great support .
See ya soon

T&Cs

This is for LBs and GGs .
Still have to agree price with LBs & GGs
Does not include Service Staff
Maximum of 2 free bar fines per night per customer.
Bar fines must be used on the night and cannot be rolled over.

• Upvote 2

This is for LBs and GGs .

Still have to agree price with LBs & GGs

Does not include Service Staff

Maximum of 2 free bar fines per night per customer.

Bar fines must be used on the night and cannot be rolled over.

Rules are almost as complicated as your average airline. Soon they'll include a change fee. By the way what are their policies on returns?   :biggrin: