Classic Cabaret

DownLoLarry

Classic Cabaret is where you'll find the most ladyboys under one roof in Phnom Penh.

It's a small club so you'e rclose to the show which I enjoyed. it's not always the same show which keeps things interesting for both the performers and audience.

It's not a P4P venue but I suppose if you're creative you can meet some of the ladyboys.

It's at the corner of Street 63 and Street 288. Odd streets intersect even streets.

This is a NEW location and current as of May 2011. Elsewhere on the net you may find the two prior locations.

Defo worth checking out.

For Phnom Penh "The Classic Night" it is a very well appointed night club, but there is a "No Photography" policy inside and the music is VERY LOUD in there, so don't expect to converse with anyone too much.

The shows are well worth a look and there are two show performances each night, both different and constantly updated.

1st show is from 10pm to 11pm

2nd show is from midnight to 1am

post-101-075762100 1306411991.jpg

post-101-034148700 1306412008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to confirm that the FMs' info above re show times still current (these things can change so easily, eh) as of this post. And, yes, the noise level is deafening (hearing just recovering now 2 days later :wacko: )

Gosh, Zaib is what you'all have been saying: great smile, expressive and fun on stage. As to the 'anaconda', I didn't find out. :angel:

I was impressed with the looks of the gurls in the show --- I just expected the Khmer gurls to be a bit rougher, more transvestite-looking ... just goes to show how Fate laughs at "expectations". To my eye (always an important caveat!), they were feminine-looking with just enough 'edge' to set them apart from GGs.

On that note, also took in the pocket-cabaret show at the Rainbow bar and was also impressed with the gurls there. One Hi-Boss-ish type who danced up a storm to a Lady Gaga number, two oh-so-cute cuties and a fourth with a great smile [haven't really seen anything but great smiles in this surprising (to me) place]. I just wish I could ascertain the age of some of these gurls as some of them looking sooooo young ... :search:

I am really glad I ventured outside my usual BKK-PTY-PI routes (thanks to one of the wise FMs here). Much more to discover in Kampuchea --- something to look forward to

• 4 months later...