Cheaper to book for month than 1/2/3 weeks?

Quietguy

I'm staying in a hotel which I have booked for 1 and a half months @ 15,000 Baht per month, which works out at less than 500 Baht a day. 

The daily rate is 2,500 Baht per day (would be more on a booking agency site).  So 17,500 Baht per week, which includes breakfast which the monthly rate doesn't. But I can have breakfast for an extra 100 Baht per day.

So it would seem that it would be 2,500 Baht cheaper to book for a month even if I left after a week. And even cheaper if I were staying for 2 or 3 weeks.

I did check with another hotel nearby and the rate there was 20,000 Baht per month. Still less than a weekly rate.

Would this be the case with most hotels? I have spent over £1,000 (50,000 Baht) for 2-3 week stays in Pattaya and Jomtien in the past. Should I book a month instead and then just leave as suits? 

If the hotel is offering a monthly rate which I take, surely it wouldn't matter to them if I leave after 1, 2 or 3 weeks. They could just relet the room, and it would have already be paid for.

Oops yes I meant 500Baht a night. Well I'm staying at the Boat Lodge Hotel in Khao Takiap which charges the daily and monthly rates I have quoted. Agoda charges 17% on top of the 2.5k daily rate for taxes.

The other hotel I checked nearby was the Frangipani Resort which does a monthly rate of 20,000 Baht for basic room. I can't remember the daily rate offhand but I think it would be 3,000Baht or more. It is on agoda too.

So I assume most if not all hotels would offer a low monthly rate as compared with their daily rate.

I've stayed at several cheaper hotels for long periods and the monthly rate is usually around 15-30% lower than the daily rate. I could see a 2500 baht a night hotel doing 15000 for a week but not a month. You must have stumbled onto a very good deal.

The Franjipani web site says 850 baht a night joiner fee but I didn't see a room price. 

The Franjipani web site says 850 baht a night joiner fee but I didn't see a room price.

Agoda has  the basic studio room at 1,486 Baht (+17% service charge and tax) per night, though they say that's a 50% reduction. I thought it would cost more than the hotel I'm staying in. I don't really think my hotel would be worth paying 2.5K Baht for. The Franjapani resort looks better for a lower cost. Perhaps that's why my hotel is doing the 15k a month deal. It's certainly worth it at this price. Even guesthouses around here are charging 800 Baht a night, so 500Baht  is good value. 

My hotel has a 600Baht joiner fee.

You can also rent I bedroom condo here for around 25k Baht per month + electricity and cleaning charges.

It seems that there are a lot of Russians, mainly young mothers with toddlers and babies, and elderly Brits and Europeans who come here to escape the winter, so maybe there are more long term deals to be had around here.

• 2 weeks later...