A Ladyboy Partner & An Open Relationship:Is it Possible?

bumblebee

I met a gay farang couple recently who have been together 48 years, yeah I know.  They spend several months in Jomtien every year and own a condo there.  The thing is they have a very open set up.  One of them has a gay Thai guy staying with him and the other likes to butterfly around.

It go me thinking could any one of us pull off a stunt like this or similar with a Thai ladyboy partner?  Knowing the way ladyboys are and how insanely jealous they can be it would be a risky maneuver to even suggest it.  Has anyone tried or even heard of it being done?

It go me thinking could any one of us pull off a stunt like this or similar with a Thai ladyboy partner?  Knowing the way ladyboys are and how insanely jealous they can be it would be a risky maneuver to even suggest it.  

The only way it could work was if the guy had a fair bit of money and his ladyboy girlfriend knew it was in her interest to stick around .

I've met a few guys who messed around and even though the wife/girlfriend/whatever probably didn't like it much as long as it was not in front of their nose they turned a blind eye .

Sorry to be so blunt but I reckon a fair bit of the jealousy is based on the fear of your money being spent elsewhere .

• Upvote 1

Good question...although I think you would have a better chance with that with a femmeboy in the west who was thinking about transitioning...

I think JimSlim's take is on the mark...expat relationships with locals are so finance based that fear of loss is what drives the jealousy.

My half cent.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

I actually think that an open relationship takes the pressure off of the finacial based element of the union; for instance, during my last LB relationship we came to an agreement that as I wasn't paying a lot (or sometimes not even paying) it would be OK for her to see old customers... And it worked fine, no jealousy, no tantrums, no extra added finacial pressure.

However, I also think that this type of set up succeeded for the duration because I knew that she was very far away from her customer base in Pattaya & BKK & she knew that I didn't really have the cash, inclination or time to chase other trim around?

Obviously things may have been a lot different if the situation were to change it's dynamic, but considering that she had been a time served career prostitute I didn't see another option, because the tendency would always be there for her to whore herself out if things ever got tight moneywise... And I equally figured the idea that I'd have some flexibility too would hopefully keep her on toes a litlle bit?

Anyway, that aspect seemed to be the least of our problems.

:hi:

• Upvote 2

I actually think that an open relationship takes the pressure off of the finacial based element of the union; for instance, during my last LB relationship we came to an agreement that as I wasn't paying a lot (or sometimes not even paying) it would be OK for her to see old customers... And it worked fine, no jealousy, no tantrums, no extra added finacial pressure.

I know a few friends who live in Thailand full time or at least spend a large part of their time there who have favourite girls they spend time with for little or no money involved , there's no big mystery they just treat them like normal people and do normal things and of course free sex comes with that , the girls appreciate being treated like normal human beings .

Of course the naysayers on some forums will never accept this ...." You pay for everything , no such thing as a freebie etc etc " but believe me it goes on a lot more than some guys think .

Its cool if both parties are happy enough to keep it like that as in Lung's case but I could see problems arising if the guy developed feelings for the girl and the ol' green eyed monster raised his ugly head .

They gotta make money somewhere and we would have to accept that , but get your head around that and its a win win situation .

• Upvote 3

I know a few friends who live in Thailand full time or at least spend a large part of their time there who have favourite girls they spend time with for little or no money involved , there's no big mystery they just treat them like normal people and do normal things and of course free sex comes with that , the girls appreciate being treated like normal human beings .

Of course the naysayers on some forums will never accept this ...." You pay for everything , no such thing as a freebie etc etc " but believe me it goes on a lot more than some guys think .

Its cool if both parties are happy enough to keep it like that as in Lung's case but I could see problems arising if the guy developed feelings for the girl and the ol' green eyed monster raised his ugly head .

They gotta make money somewhere and we would have to accept that , but get your head around that and its a win win situation .

You're right Jim, a bit of normality in every day life & acceptance as being normal (i.e. just like everyone else), is as much as most of them want for... So if you match up as at least half way compatible & can offer this, you should be quids in!!!.. Especially if they feel that their avenues for sponsorship elsewher haven't been cut off.

But yeah, dare I mention that on the other forum??? Fuck me, NO!!!.. I'd be ripped to shreds & laughed out of the place... And that's why, 'we know' & 'they can only wonder'... Their loss.

But that said Jim, I can actually be quite jealous (when it comes to a real relationship situation), but has I said, I didn't see another way or feel that there was another option, plus it was a calculated bet that she wouldn't have much (if any) contact with any of her old customers & that my freedom would be a good counterbalance... In other words, say she want's to start getting lazy in the sack, then I'll say something like, "fuck this, I might as well go down the town & get a short time"... And then she'd throw a shitty & sulk... But I would be guaranteed a stella performance next morning!!!.. Get the picture.

So maybe not quite so 'naturally' free & easy as BB's example!? But the same set up, only calculated, with a view to sucking it up & turning a blind eye when necassary.

Getting back to your first post... Yes, you also have to bear in mind that this is two blokes living together, so you're not really going to be spending so much time cuddled up on the sofa, cocooned, watching romantic comedies & snuggling up to eachother... Men more like to feel that they can prowl the streets, spraying up lamposts & sniffing arse, so it's best to let them feel that they can do this.

:hi:

• Upvote 3

But yeah, dare I mention that on the other forum??? Fuck me, NO!!!.. I'd be ripped to shreds & laughed out of the place... And that's why, 'we know' & 'they can only wonder'... Their loss.

Good point Lung and it's interesting how the various forums develop their now personalities over time.  I feel that's one of our strong points, that guys can post in comfort and without fear of being ridiculed and sneered at.  It's particularly infuriating when it's some guy who has only been on the scene a wet weekend doing the mocking like he knows it all. :mad0235:

It's particularly infuriating when it's some guy who has only been on the scene a wet weekend doing the mocking like he knows it all. 

Its usually the sort of guys who if they fell into a barrel of tits they'd still come out sucking their thumbs .