Name that country

JaiDee

The western hemisphere begins at the Prime Meridian (the line of longitude which extends from the North Pole to the South Pole, running through Greenwich, London) and extends 180 degrees west from there: it encompasses parts of western Europe, some of western Africa, the Americas, some Pacific island groups, and the part of Russia that Sarah Palin apparently can see when she looks out her window. Ahem.

So, we can rule out all of that as the answer to Lefty's poser, as he specifically said NOT in the western hemisphere.

I'd go for somewhere on the Black Sea coast.  Bulgaria?

Close but no cigar  

Yes it looks like the Balkans to me

The western hemisphere begins at the Prime Meridian (the line of longitude which extends from the North Pole to the South Pole, running through Greenwich, London) and extends 180 degrees west from there:

I'd go for somewhere on the Black Sea coast. Bulgaria?

It's a line I cross several times each week when I'm in England.

Yes route67, it reminds me of either the Mediterranean, Adiatic or Black Sea coast, an area I've started to investigate in recent summers perhaps Croatia, Montenegro or somewhere else in the Balkans.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...