bumblebee

The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

Here’s an easy one:

What does the title of Iron Butterfly’s 1968 album “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida” actually mean? Or more precisely - what was it originally meant to mean?

• Like 1

Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to.

10 minutes ago, deepthroat said:

Here’s an easy one:

What does the title of Iron Butterfly’s 1968 album “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida” actually mean? Or more precisely - what was it originally meant to mean?

In the garden of heaven.....was my favourite when was a boy...still have the vynil

• Like 1

Close Sustra. Want to take another shot at it? And for bonus points, give us the story behind it?

On 5/9/2019 at 2:43 AM, Sustra4 said:

In the garden of heaven.....was my favourite when was a boy...still have the vynil

The story: after a night of heavy drinking, the next morning someone found they’d recorded a song the previous evening but the handwritten title was nearly impossible to read, thus “In The Garden Of Eden” is now forever known as “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida”.

The other version is that the singer was so blitzed that another band member misunderstood what he was singing and wrote the title down phonetically. Same basic idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

In which country did the word bungalow originate? 

I am pretty sure it's an Asian word, so I am going to go with Thailand, solely as a guess because that is what this forum is all about.

As an aside, do you know how to confuse a blonde? Tell her you know a guy who lives in a blue bungalow, with blue floors, blue walls, blue ceilings and blue furniture, then ask her what colour the stairs are?? :mad0261:

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ciobha said:

I am  pretty sure it's an Asian word, so I am going to go with Thailand, 

Good guess but alas not the correct one.  You are correct it is an Asian word, a clue is in the sound of the word.  An area in an Asia country.  

7 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Spot on Seven, from the house types found in Bengal.

How I figured, with your clue in your previous post though.

• Like 1