The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

How the heck needs to lo9ok at stars, planets, moons with all that expensive equipment, and they don't even move.....Heck come to America we got china SPY high altitude  (and what ever they want them to be) balloons flying about 60k overhead.  I hear the chinas are selling selfies for 10 a pop.  They have a website you can find your self on.  The latest report i heard is that they were looking for top secert documents that biden had hidden in various unsecured locations across the country.  heck maybe they were looking for oil, since biden can't find it.

11 minutes ago, Zeppie said:

How the heck needs to lo9ok at stars, planets, moons with all that expensive equipment, and they don't even move.....Heck come to America we got china SPY high altitude  (and what ever they want them to be) balloons flying about 60k overhead.  I hear the chinas are selling selfies for 10 a pop.  They have a website you can find your self on.  The latest report i heard is that they were looking for top secert documents that biden had hidden in various unsecured locations across the country.  heck maybe they were looking for oil, since biden can't find it.

EDIT: Who the heck needs to look at stars, planets, moons with all that expensive equipment, and they don't even move.

4 hours ago, bumblebee said:

23 hours 59 mins lol

Wrong again. 

23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds. 

When a meridian passes in front of a star, say at midnight, while the sun is in opposition to this star with respect to the earth, it continues to rotate until it passes in front of the same star the next day. The star's distance to the Sun or the Earth is considered as infinite compared to the distance Earth/Sun. 

On the next day, the same meridian wil pass in front of the same star,but the Earth will also have made a movement of revolution around the Sun. In other words, 24 hours have not yet passed since the opposite meridian has not yet passed opposite the sun. There is still an "a"angle  to go. 

Alpha.png.880961c3f5d40daf87c0c51bac3b6df7.png

After one year, one can see that the Earth comes back to the same postion plus a quarter of 360° (since one year lasts 365.25 days) but will have turned one more time around its axis. The time spent rotating around its axis each day to traverse the "a" angle is 24 hours/366.25, which is 3 minutes and 55.9 seconds. To be more precise, the earth makes 366.25 rotations in 365.25 days. The duration of a rotation is therefore (365.25/366.25)X 24 hours = 23 hours 56 minutes and 4.1 seconds. 

I never found a ladyboy who could understand my explaination. 
But if someone believes you're stupid or talks to you with disdain, you can ask him the above question. 

• Like 3

Since you like to talk of planets, I went for a walk tonight and saw Venus was about to set below the horizon (South West horizon). Higher left, I saw another planet about which I'm convinced this was Jupiter. I went back home and pulled my camera (the one I paid an expensive price for to shoot ladyboys in Nha Trang street when the pandemic would be over). 

But, as I miss exercise and experience, it took me too long a time, just to get out of the menus of the camera. No kidding, I'm not an expert. I also missed a spare part of the cam's tripod and decided to postpone my photoshooting till tomorrow. 
However, I saw another object I believed was a planet. I took a few pics around 11PM. Here they are. I first forgot to pull the zoom at its longest focus. Then I tried several sensibility settings. I let other parameters in automatic settings, so when I shot with the highest sensibility, the object looked  dark grey. Then I resized pics and photoscaped them. Here is the result. 

P1M.png.052d71894c0e87657019d046ce9e99eb.png

P2M.png.a1b1995945061ca6dda0859f4ae06194.png

P3M.png.9d8bbf00778acaa3a3ec8ed4926127ca.png

P4M.png.2cd6a94a2b9507f96c45bd9c5084afba.png

P5M.png.671449fb84bd454d5dedc98bf3b73d7b.png

P6M.png.352072d1b45497a698697658c979c85b.png

P7M.png.6a3e303b6a15c2e979fad9652f70950a.png

I thought this is Neptune. Can anyone confirm ? 

(PS : I will try to find the best settings tomorrow). 

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

I thought this is Neptune. Can anyone confirm ? 

Neptune is the furthest planet from our sun and cannot be seen without the aid of at least a small telescope, so unlikely to be the planet you saw if you saw it first with your naked eye. It is blue though.

Your pics show what looks like a large swirl, which might indicate that it is Jupiter, which has what is called the Great Red Spot, a huge storm which moves around Jupiter.

• Like 2

I wrote Neptune but thought of the next planet after Saturn. 

This can't be Jupiter. After sunset I could see Venus with my naked eyes, then a bit further, Jupiter was easy to recognize too. The above planet came to the same position 5 to 6 hours later maybe more (since I shot it before reached the Southwest area of the sky). 

Today, I spent my time searching the house for my battery recherger and foud out I had lost the hardware both for my bridge and DSLR camera. I will have to get new ones. So I made photos of both Venus and Jupiter. Then the camera battery went low on power, so I had to stop. I have no time to resize and photoscape my pics tonight but I will try to find time tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Here are the pics. First, I caught Venus in the still light blue sky. Regretfully, I noticed haze in the high troposphere (cirrostratus clouds). this means that light would be filtered and the quality of views not so good. 

Nothing enables to identify Venus except that 
1) It was already bright (watching with my naked eyes) while the sky in the horizon still looked white after sunset. 
2) No other planet (even Jupiter) can be so bright. 

P8V1.png.b96f0fc47c0a91066bc724a1dce86855.png

Zooming at the maximum. I was surprised to see the same "rainbow effect" as 2 days earlier with the unknown planet. 

P9V2.png.b275e55d4430bcf21fe96c681c5f0efc.png

Jupiter was following in a darker part of the sky. When seen with my naked eyes, Jupiter looks like Venus but it was not so bright and looked smaller. It was easy to compare since both planets were in the South West horizon. 

P11J1.png.53d8c6d4d8b4841f7efde8fa12aeb6ea.png

The haze didn't enable to catch a better pic. I decided to wait for a few minutes. Nothing makes it possible to identify Jupiter on the pic. The only element I had is that it looked bright before the end of twilight. 

P12J2.png.853747eb66973dc168467b3058524269.png

Back to Venus. The planet seemed to have a white smoke behind it. I tried  a few photos but couldn't find more detail. when resizing the pic, I noticed the "white smoke was actually blue/green. I guess the phenomenom is still linked to the haze near the stratosphere. 

P13V3.png.cb3048d454bb03eecb444bedc3e4e006.png

Jupiter didn't look really diferent (unless i'm confusing. I could say the difference after shooting the pics but I don't remember so, I'm not 100 % sure). 

P16.png.7ffd7d71e851683c318bfbde8e40885c.png

I tried to change the settings of my cam, but it prefers to stay in the automatic mode. The object should be Jupiter but I'm not sure if I remember well. BTW, if it's not Jupiter, it's Venus. The least we can say is that the pic doesn't depict the planet well, but it shows the halo effect in the atmosphere. 

P18J.png.3e64413739541b5f869d976f9147cbd4.png

I tried another setting in the manual mode. I set the lens iris opening to 1 second. Regretfully, the picture is distortedsince the planet moved too much for such a "long" period of time. This explains the "smoke effect behind Venus too". 

P19J.png.2ec34f0cfdaec7690db50b89af5f66cd.png

However, the pic allowed to catch an object not far from Jupiter apparent position. This is very probably a star or a galaxy in the background. 

1619724706_P19BJ.png.a483987596998ff395772755a1cc6c20.png

Last attempt to try to catch detils to identify Jupiter on the pic. The cam isn't powerful enough with this haze. I should try again when the sky is clearer than this. It was very clear though but not enough. The battery level indicator showed the battery was almost empty. I will try again if I get my battery recharger soon (I should order it first lol). 
I also noticed lenses up to 1,350 mm for my camera at not too expensive prices. I'm not going to purchase one now, but later this year if I manage to make enough money. If I can catch details to identify Jupiter, I should be able to "steal photos" ofladyboys at night in the streets from a position that allows me to do it without risking being troubled. 

P21J.png.25c94a36b76565f9f4d7cd9507d79a6b.png

Note : every photo was resized using paint. I didn't used photoscape (nor other "photoshopping" app before posting this serie). 

• Like 3

I have no idea. 
I thought of a "lens effect" of the Earth's atmosphere or some other effect in the planet's atmosphere. 

I'm not comfortable with my DSLR camera yet. I had followed a small course with a professional photographer when I had a "bridge" camera. She wanted her "students" to set the sensibility firt, then switch from the automatic mode to the manual mode to set speed and focus. Many of my pics weren't perfect even when trying to "photoshop" them with my freeware (photoscape). 
Then I found it easy to let the automatic mode set speed and focus. As I tried with my DSLR, I found menus were complex and the computer seems to push the user to use automatic modes. The only change that was successfull consisted in chooosing between ISO25600 or ISO12800. I'm not the kind of guy wjho would spend days making photos just looking for perfection. I just use planet photos to train for long distance photos in the dark and see what setting I can use for ladyboys when I need it. 

Examples of photos can be found in this post.  The first set of ladyboys pics at night was made in 2018 with a bridge camera (the popular Sony DSC 400) using the zoom at its maximum (X64) in automatic mode. One year later, using the same camera, I tried to use it in manual mode. You can see Ly Ly's photo in my appartment. Settings are a bit messed in spite of my photoscaping. The last pic of a ladyboy in the dark was shot with my new camera. I was far enough so that she couldn't see me and I could resize to see the details later. It's not perfect yet but I could identify a ladyboy who lived in the south of HCM province when I first found her in adds and who had vanished from my radars. 

Sorry. I hope I'm not fucking the thread with my off-topic on planets and my poor photographer abilities. If, it's too much disturbing, the mod can split my posts to another thread. 

Edit : I asked in chatopenai.com about the rainbow effect. Here is the answer :

The appearance of rainbow-colored concentric circles around a white planet is the result of the light interference effect. When light comes into contact with the planet, it encounters a rough or uneven surface and disperses into different colors. This phenomenon is known as diffraction. Longer-wavelength colors, such as red, are diffracted at wider angles than shorter-wavelength colors, such as violet, which leads to the formation of concentric rainbow-colored circles.

It's important to note that the light interference effect depends on the size of roughnesses on the planet's surface, as well as the wavelength of the observed light. White planets generally appear white to the naked eye because they reflect all colors of visible light equally, but with high-quality laboratory and camera equipment, the interference effect can be visible.

• Like 2

Back to the topic. As I was looking for an Aussie Bar pic in my hard disk, I found the following pic of ladyboy. The pic ws messed up since the ladyboy was in the shadow, but I was lucky since I manage to make it look correct with photoscape (What I had failed to when I wanted to add it in a TR. 

DSC00200.JPG.feeda7177d7e21006f49621ca13396fd.JPG

The question is very simple : in which city did I take this photo  ? 

• Like 2
On 2/10/2023 at 8:38 PM, Pulci Gorgon said:

P21J.png.25c94a36b76565f9f4d7cd9507d79a6b.png

Note : every photo was resized using paint. I didn't used photoscape (nor other "photoshopping" app before posting this serie). 

Since a few of you seem to be really interested in this stuff, I thought of you guys when I came across this.  Check out Uranus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/why-are-neptune-and-uranus-different-colors/vi-AA16Dodj?ocid=00000000

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/8/2024 at 8:28 PM, Pdoggg said:

Bangkok and which capital city are close to being antipodes?

Tricky one, think I read once that it has something to do with a location being directly on the opposite side of the world to another.  So if that’s the case it’s likely some capital in South America ?  If so then which one mmm…

1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

While we wait, what country has the longest border with France?

Haha ... fell only now into this thread. Was about to start answering questions from 2014, about bloodtypes :blink:

But, for the border with France, it's tricky. Seriously doubt between Spain and Germany ... best guess: Germany :rolleye0012: