The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

10 minutes ago, deepthroat said:

Here’s an easy one:

What does the title of Iron Butterfly’s 1968 album “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida” actually mean? Or more precisely - what was it originally meant to mean?

In the garden of heaven.....was my favourite when was a boy...still have the vynil

• Like 1
On 5/9/2019 at 2:43 AM, Sustra4 said:

In the garden of heaven.....was my favourite when was a boy...still have the vynil

The story: after a night of heavy drinking, the next morning someone found they’d recorded a song the previous evening but the handwritten title was nearly impossible to read, thus “In The Garden Of Eden” is now forever known as “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida”.

The other version is that the singer was so blitzed that another band member misunderstood what he was singing and wrote the title down phonetically. Same basic idea.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

In which country did the word bungalow originate? 

I am pretty sure it's an Asian word, so I am going to go with Thailand, solely as a guess because that is what this forum is all about.

As an aside, do you know how to confuse a blonde? Tell her you know a guy who lives in a blue bungalow, with blue floors, blue walls, blue ceilings and blue furniture, then ask her what colour the stairs are?? :mad0261:

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, ciobha said:

I am  pretty sure it's an Asian word, so I am going to go with Thailand, 

Good guess but alas not the correct one.  You are correct it is an Asian word, a clue is in the sound of the word.  An area in an Asia country.  

• 3 weeks later...

Who said this?

“As we celebrate LGBT Pride Month and recognize the outstanding contributions LGBT people have made to our great Nation, let us also stand in solidarity with the many LGBT people who live in dozens of countries worldwide that punish, imprison, or even execute individuals on the basis of their sexual orientation”

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...