Will There Ever Be an LB p4p "Superstar" Again?

bumblebee

Have to say Nancy @ La Bamba is one of my personal favorites but so is Tunch,ex Cascades ,who I met years ago before all the transformations she was beautiful then and just got better clever,savvy, and great company sadly Not on the scene for personal reasons but will always be one of the best and still friends.

That's just my thoughts, I am sure Paccie will shoot me down and enlighten us all with some of his otherworldly insights to the real reasons behind it all!! :biggrin:

Shoot you down? Why would I do that? Unless it's over your use of the word "otherworldly" which implies my insights are not of this world. No Ciobha me old china, I have no issue with your opinion, I can only add a few thoughts of my own. Worldly ones.

No one has added anything to this thread that I don't broadly agree with but there are a few reasons why we haven't seen any special new talent emerge in the LB scene lately. And it isn't because they stopped coming along, trust me, they are out there.

I think education is the main reason for the new hotties choosing to stay out of the scene. They are more aware than ever that a lifetime of servicing farang's sexual needs is not all beer & skittles. They all know stories about girls returning from the bright lights to die miserable deaths from AIDS. Most of them have been wised up. I'm tempted to say all of them but who knows. So now it is the plainer girls facing the Pattaya option for the real beauties among them will always have other employment options.

I am talking about the creme de la creme here. I think it will be an aberration if we ever see one of these great beauties turn up in a bar offering short times for a 1000 baht. If they do go down the road of selling themself, it won't be in Pattaya, it will be for some agency dealing with high end clients who will pay 10 to 20 thousand a night. Dollars that is, not baht. And being katoey is sure to drive the curiosity factor. Something we can all relate to.

BTW, in regards to my comment "they are out there", I was at a trade show in Bangkok & I was struck by the Thai hostesses walking around dressed in ball gowns. There were at least 20 of them & they were all tall & beautiful. I spoke to a couple & found them both professional & delightful. The thought of asking one for her number did cross my mind but they were so stunning I thought I would achieve nothing but make a fool of myself. It was only later that it occurred to me they were katoeys. Six foot plus in their heels with the most willowy figure, what else could they be? I never picked it at the time I was talking to them but if just one of them appeared on this forum the place would go into meltdown.

• Upvote 2

About time you responded Paccers, I was starting to worry about you for a while.

Some good opinions there Paccie, and although I agree with the general consensus of what you say, paragraph three I am not so sure about. (I would quote but having problems with my quote button) I really don't see a vast array of alternate employment options out there - unless the you consider the crappy salaries at Starbucks or Tukcom as a real alternative. Sure, the hottest of the hot, and the educated ones will either have a decent office job or a limited lifespan in a beauty/promotional role, but my guess is that the percentage would be very low.

You mentioned a month or so back on another thread about the pressure put on LB's to go out and earn coin to send home, as they are practically useless in any other department. This kind of contradicts that argument. The biggest drawback, as I see it, is as you rightly say, a lot of the have become more (self) educated, aided by the internet and social networking - and these girls will realise they can sit at home in BKK and pick and chose their clients, often restricting their client base to the highest paying or best looking.

Still, all said and done, I still believe there is a huge array of talent out there, especially in Pattaya, with freshers coming weekly, if not daily. Perhaps the niche is now mainstream, so finding one that outshines the rest would be quite unlikely today. Anyway Paccers, I am sure we will agree to disagree on some of these points, but we shall not fall out over it my friend. :hi:

• Upvote 1

Still, all said and done, I still believe there is a huge array of talent out there, especially in Pattaya, with freshers coming weekly, if not daily.

One of the guys was up in Bkk over the weekend and he said the talent in Cascades puts most Pattaya ladyboys in the second or third division.  But like you say finding one that stands out is hard, especially if they are all stunners.

Yes. The days of LB superstars might be well & truely behind us. Lady boys are very same same these days. Punters are looking for something new. A 'crossover' artist could be the answer. LADY ZAZA IS A falang TV going TS. Follow me as I emerge from the abyzz that is Pattaya & journey Westward bound to Kalifornia leaving a blazing trail behind me as I become a Transsexual Superstar. A shemale from hell. Of course the process could be accelerated with the right management. I'm sure i'll be 'discovered' soon. I'm looking at  Steve Volponi... You all need look no farther. I am the Future of TS entertainment. With a bit of investment I will be the TOP Girl. xx

• Upvote 2

One of the guys was up in Bkk over the weekend and he said the talent in Cascades puts most Pattaya ladyboys in the second or third division.  

That makes sense. I imagine most katoeys are aware of what to expect in Pattaya these days. And the type of clientèle they are going to meet. No offence to anyone in Pattaya but if the girls wish to only deal with polite well dressed Japanese, Koreans & Chinese, where are they going to find them? Not in Pattaya. 

And I am not suggesting that Pattaya visitors aren't polite or that we don't share our time between both places, it is just a general observation that the girls are going to follow the money & in their minds, that dictates Bangkok as their preferred option. Opinions to the contrary are welcome but I don't intend getting into an argument about it.

About time you responded Paccers, I was starting to worry about you for a while.

Worry not Mr Ciobha, I often read threads without time to respond. I think to get back later but these days I often don't. I need to learn the art of the ironic rejoinder. 

Some good opinions there Paccie, and although I agree with the general consensus of what you say, paragraph three I am not so sure about. (I would quote but having problems with my quote button) I really don't see a vast array of alternate employment options out there - unless the you consider the crappy salaries at Starbucks or Tukcom as a real alternative. Sure, the hottest of the hot, and the educated ones will either have a decent office job or a limited lifespan in a beauty/promotional role, but my guess is that the percentage would be very low.

There isn't a "vast array" of jobs out there, not for a katoey & not for an uneducated Issan farm girl. But this thread is about "superstars", those special one-in-a-thousand beauties who come along & take our breath away. There are always jobs for the special ones, whether it is modelling or promotional work or serving drinks on some billionaires private aircraft. (I once met a Thai GG who had that job, she didn't mention what else it entailed.)

You mentioned a month or so back on another thread about the pressure put on LB's to go out and earn coin to send home, as they are practically useless in any other department. This kind of contradicts that argument. The biggest drawback, as I see it, is as you rightly say, a lot of the have become more (self) educated, aided by the internet and social networking - and these girls will realise they can sit at home in BKK and pick and chose their clients, often restricting their client base to the highest paying or best looking.

I think I recall that post but did I say they were practically useless in any other department or was it the post where I said the half Thai / half farang offspring produced from unwanted pregnancies in the bar scene were unwelcome in the village & they were "helped" into becoming productive members of the family? And to make enough money to help the family, their future lie in the bar scene of Pattaya or Bangkok. And to be fair, I am sure there are many of them living & prospering in Issan & other Thai regions. As straight males. Statistically there must be. 

And I agree with you about the role social media has played in wising up the next generation. We will see a new website one day - FarangReview aimed at the girls of the bar scene where regular foreign tourists will be featured with vital information such as generosity when it comes to paying, sexual voraciousness, likely requests for deviant behaviour, etc. Maybe it's up & running now...        :shok:

Still, all said and done, I still believe there is a huge array of talent out there, especially in Pattaya, with freshers coming weekly, if not daily. Perhaps the niche is now mainstream, so finding one that outshines the rest would be quite unlikely today. Anyway Paccers, I am sure we will agree to disagree on some of these points, but we shall not fall out over it my friend.  :hi: 

No we won't. Now whose buy is it?           :flirt2:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Areeya and Mint were the bitcoin of their day. Curious to know if they handled their own campaign of self-promotion or were they managed. If managed, by whom and at what percentage? Anyone know? Also where are those legendary lasses today?

Haha.

They'd be the ones with bitcoin "transsexual maneuverability" i guess (google if you haven't seen that typo).

• Upvote 2

Enjoy it. This forum is a wealth of information with the added bonus that most of its' members are a great bunch of individuals. You have a lot of catching up to do so get to it.  :biggrin: Hope you stick around and participate. 

May need a new mouse wheel from all this scrolling over pics, but it's worth it! :)

I'll stick around. Retired and living in Pattaya for a year and a half now. 

I'm not getting out much tho, so no pics. I might have to fix that. :)

May need a new mouse wheel from all this scrolling over pics, but it's worth it! :)

I'll stick around. Retired and living in Pattaya for a year and a half now. 

I'm not getting out much tho, so no pics. I might have to fix that. :)

Well if you're living in Pattaya and wanting to get out more you should come over to the PBG some evening for a drink and chat. There's usually a meet up there early evenings a few times a week. Just check out the "who's in town" thread. It's usually announced there when a meet up of expat ambassadors is planned. 

• 2 weeks later...