Movies Showing In Thailand

pdogg

What a sexy babe, seriously one of my favorites ever, probably been with her 15 or 20 times and hung out another 20.....always had a Thai boy in the background though, for a long time the bouncer in her own go-go bar! How on earth could he just watch as she went out night after night with different men.......shows how much getting a free ride [and great sex] from a cash-producing LB can overcome jealousy any day.

• Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...

BANGKOK — An upcoming Hollywood movie about a military coup in a fictional Southeast Asian nation – filmed in Thailand – has been approved by censors to open next month.

Despite online rumors today that “No Escape” had been banned by the The National Film and Video Censors Board, a member told Khaosod English such reports were false, as the movie was approved for audiences 15 and up on 28 July.

“It is not banned or prevented from being screened in Thailand. It’s just a normal action film,” said the official, who asked not to be identified by name, citing ministerial regulations.

In late 2013, actors Owen Wilson and Pierce Brosnan filmed the movie - then called "The Coup" - in northern Thailand. The movie is about a fictional Southeast Asian nation where the military overthrows civilian rule to stage a coup. Not long after Thailand's nonfictional coup took place, the film's name was changed to "No Escape."

The film is being marketed in Thai as “Run for Your Life Through Hell and Across the Border.” In the film, much of the writing appears in Khmer, upside down.

A trailer for the film, release in March, shows a family moving from the United States to seek better lives in Southeast Asia, only to find themselves caught in a violent power struggle between an oppressive state and insurgent forces.

The film is expected to release in Thailand in early September.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1439203313&typecate=06&section=

• 3 years later...
On 1/28/2014 at 1:54 PM, Snick said:

Hunt For Red October

Went to see Hunter Killer tonight.

Wasn't going to go as the Rotten Tomatoes score was a pathetic 34% but my better half liked the trailer.

I was pleasantly surprised. We both liked it. It is certainly not a great film, the plot and acting weaker than other submarine movies Crimson Tide and The Hunt For Red October but is by no means a horrible movie and IMO deserves a better rating than 34.

So not a movie to rush out and see, but it very well could be the best movie currently playing at some Thai multiplexes that both Thais and Farangs might enjoy.

I'll maybe give it a watch. I've been thoroughly disappointed with every movie I've watched lately. The real stinker being The House with a Clock in it's Walls. Holy fucking moly that's one dog shit movie. In fact, it's not a move at all. It's a con. An artless, talentless, child-like swindle. It felt like the entire cast were laughing at me for being stupid enough to buy a ticket.

Meg was another one that really grated on my tits. Hollywood has hit an all time low. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
5 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

Thai with English subs.

Either Thai with Englsih subs or English with Thai subs works for me.  Actually Thai with English subs is slightly better for me as I like it when I hear a Thai word that I know associated with action on the screen.

What I really hate is movies that dubbed.  I want to hear the original actor's voice and want the lips to match the language.

• Like 1
On 11/22/2019 at 2:40 AM, Pdoggg said:

We went to see The Cave tonight and we both liked it.  It about the Wild Boars being trapped in the cave.  Perhaps a different director would do a better job but the subject matter interested us.   I'm jsut grateful when I go see a movie that doesn't suck.

The Thaiger went to the first session of Tom Waller’s ‘The Cave’ and loved it. It’s frenetic, it’s very busy and it covers a lot of territory regarding the scope of the saga. But it also lacks focus, a lot of the actors play themselves with varying success and, well, we already know the (mostly) happy ending.

But the overall experience when leaving the cinema is of a satisfying portrayal of the dramatic international rescue and the many people that came together to make it happen.

There is SO much to cover from the entire, gripping two weeks during June and July last year. And trying to focus on any, one, story in the two hour running time means that a lot of other details would have to be left out. So the director tries to cram a little bit of everything so there’s not a lot of time to get involved in any of the main characters.

So where is the focus in the story? Who was the ‘star’? Was it the Governor of Chiang Rai province who we saw so often briefing the media? Was it the 23 year old assistant coach Ekkapol who carried a lot of the responsibility for the safety of his young players? Was it the divers who found the boys? Was it the Australian diver/doctors who came up with the risky evacuation plan? Was it the Navy Seal who lost his life whilst trying to rescue the 13 young men?

For any director this is always going to be a problem covering such a broad story of 100s of heroes and thousands of others, all providing help that eventuated in the successful rescue. Director Tom Waller decides to focus on the overseas divers that were brought in provide vital expertise and come up with an impossible plan to extricate the 13 young men. Specifically Jim Warny, a Belgian diver, based in Ireland. He plays himself in ‘The Cave’ and we follow his personal journey through the rescue.

Most of the action is shot with hand-held cameras adding to the urgency. So sit at the back of the cinema, it gets a bit nauseous sitting in the middle of the cinema. There’s also a clever merge of original footage, recreated footage and the actual people involved in the rescue playing themselves. That you can’t really spot the real from the recreated is a nice bit of cinematic trickery.

The Thai authorities don’t come out very well in this telling of the tale but the local Thais, many playing themselves, will win your hearts as we’re reminded of their many unsung contributions to the rescue. The infamous Thai paperwork and bureaucracy, that is usually just annoying in daily life here in Thailand, becomes life-threatening during the real rescue. This ‘touchy’ subject is well covered as the drama unfolds.

Whilst the two weeks are crammed into two hours, you are on a constant ride of frustration, recollections and the happy moments when the 13 are all brought out of the Tham Luang cave alive, against the odds.

And then it ends, quite abruptly.

Having followed the story from Day One as a writer, I was immersed in the details for over two weeks last year. So there wasn’t many surprises in the movie.

Interestingly, the two Australian doctors who actually came up with, and implemented, the audacious plan to sedate the members of MuPa, making the extraction possible, were barely mentioned. The two men (who were awarded Australian of the Year 2018) ended up with a 20 second side story with an actor with a bad Aussie accent explaining to two of the other divers how to administer the Ketamine doses used to sedate the boys.

That was it. Many other details remained uncovered, including the huge tent city that rose up from the Tham Luang mud during the two weeks to house the enormous international media interest, complete with a pop-up curry kitchen provided by the locals.

But go and see it. It’s the first of many productions currently underway. The next one will be the Netflix documentary series which includes interviews with all the main players, including the 13 young men.

It certainly makes me want to jump in a plane and go and visit the Tham Luang caves… when it’s not raining!

‘The Cave’ is on major theatrical release now around Thailand, in English with Thai sub-titles. Here’s a list of the main cast…

Jim Warny as himself, a Belgian diver and electrician based in Ireland
Ekawat Niratworapanya as Ekkaphon Chanthawong, stateless assistant coach of the “Wild Boar” soccer team
Tan Xiaolong as himself, a Chinese diver
James Edward Holley as a U.S. Air Force Major
Nirut Sirijanya as Governor of Chiang Rai Province
Bobby Gerrits as a U.S. Air Force Staff Sergeant
Ross Cain as John, a British diver
Jumpa Saenprom as Mae Bua Chaicheun, a Thai rice farmer
Todd Ruiz as himself, an American reporter for Khao Sod
Erik Brown as himself, a Canadian diver
Mikko Paasi as himself, a Finnish diver
Ross W. Clarkson as an Australian doctor
Lawrence de Stefano as Chris, British lead diver

https://thethaiger.com/news/chiang-rai/the-cave-its-frenetic-and-covers-a-lot-of-the-rescue-and-the-main-players

• 2 months later...

Occasionally wifey and I go to a movie if there is something playing that I think we will both like.  Sometimes there is nothing good but today looks like there are five decent enough choices including two movies that I think I'll really like, 1917 and Bombshell.

Has anyone seen either and more importantly if you went with a Thai how did they like it?

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Occasionally wifey and I go to a movie if there is something playing that I think we will both like.  Sometimes there is nothing good but today looks like there are five decent enough choices including two movies that I think I'll really like, 1917 and Bombshell.

Has anyone seen either and more importantly if you went with a Thai how did they like it?

Funny you mention this. Was talking to a guy who went to see 1917. Said it was a movie that jumped from one scenario to the other and was hard to follow at times. Maybe not a movie to take someone to who does not get into war movies and has trouble focusing on the never ending scene changes.

I took my fili gf to watch Dunkirk, a couple of years ago. Don't think she was that impressed . Must be hard for someone who was not brought up on the whole WW2 thing to understand the gist of the movie. I think on the whole it was an ok one, but just failed when it reverted to the Hollywood stereotype, when one of the heroes whose son was killed in front of him, just carried on as per normal. Plus a couple of other scenes that were just too over the top.

• Like 1