Cocktail & Dreams 2014

duke007

Sunday Night

Jessica ( Nadia calls her Jessie, so prepare for name confusion!) gets her first barfine

Waas does a great Lady Gaga on stage - Kendo, take note of the shoes!

Beer - you have to laugh at her T shirt!

post-13105-0-27493100-1399887994.jpg

Patricia and flame-haired cabaret girl Emma

post-13105-0-72411500-1399888031.jpg

Jessica/Jessie

post-13105-0-19058700-1399888068.jpg

Waas brings the house down as Lady Gaga

post-13105-0-41083800-1399888096.jpg

post-13105-0-09243200-1399888136.jpg

post-13105-0-43358400-1399888148.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Cocktail & Dreams closed down at its present location last night before the demolition of the area starts today, jimbo has not found new premises yet...his words

"Despite assurances, right up until 10 p.m. last night, that Bangla House and ourselves would be left standing, the truth finally came out - the demolition gang moves in tomorrow!

We closed at our current location for the last time at 2 a.m. this morning, and will move into storage today, until we find suitable premises. A very sad and emotional night, followed by a lot of hard work today.

More news when i can."

" My sincere thanks to BM Full German for his help today, shuttling backwards and forwards to the storage depot for us for well over 4 hours in his pickup. And to all my lovely loyal staff for their hard work today, toiling away in the heat clearing their workplace.

Plenty of tears over the last 24 hours, but we will be back !

Jimbo

jimbo1.jpg

jimbo.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2017 at 7:21 PM, duke007 said:

Cocktail & Dreams closed down at its present location last night before the demolition of the area starts today, jimbo has not found new premises yet...his words

"Despite assurances, right up until 10 p.m. last night, that Bangla House and ourselves would be left standing, the truth finally came out - the demolition gang moves in tomorrow!

We closed at our current location for the last time at 2 a.m. this morning, and will move into storage today, until we find suitable premises. A very sad and emotional night, followed by a lot of hard work today.

More news when i can."

" My sincere thanks to BM Full German for his help today, shuttling backwards and forwards to the storage depot for us for well over 4 hours in his pickup. And to all my lovely loyal staff for their hard work today, toiling away in the heat clearing their workplace.

Plenty of tears over the last 24 hours, but we will be back !

Jimbo

That was some sad news today.  The only good news out of it was the last statement "but we will be back"

I was fortunate enough to be there just 3 weeks ago before the untimely closing.  I have such positive experiences a from my past visits over the last decade dating back to their previous location when Nick Jackson was the owner.  Now I can only look forward to the next location when and if it materialists.

Poor Jimbo, having to scramble to find a new spot.  When I spoke to him in May he was hoping to find a place by March which is what they had told him he had till then. The biggest problem is finding a place off Bangla where he can get walk by traffic for the free cabaret shows. The rent for  those spots are just silly.  Thus many have been vacant for years while others have gone under.  Jimbo was saying how lease holders make their money on the key money and hope the bars go out of business so they can look for the next key money payers.  

Probably a good time to throw in the towel. Jim is a truly brilliant host with quite exceptional front of house skills however, with his Thai business partner in Scandinavia on a lengthy break and Phuket being a shadow of its former self from when previously portrayed as Ladyboy Island through the noughties, it's days as a legitimate destination for our particular type of hobby are  surely fast diminishing.

Jim's had a great run, virtually ten years at the helm steering a steady ship, but Is it worth starting all over again with the not insignificant associated costs.

• Upvote 1

I am sure I read somewhere that Jim was wanting to go back UK, so this talk of opening a new bar when he can is kind of surprising 

Funnily enough Sonya called me on Line last night and we had a video chat for 30 minutes, when I say "we" it was more a case of Sonya talking to her mates for 30 minutes and occasionally pulling her tongue out at me and giving me a finger...:crazy: , she knew all about Cocktail & Dreams closing (even though she is in Koh Chang), asked me about Bombay and then proceeded to tell her friends about her drug crazed days working in C&D's ( she told me what she was talking about)

Sonya did give me a few flashes of her Boobs as did the very very good looking gg mate next to her, which was very nice indeed :flirt2:

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

hello all i know it has been a long time.

my life took a turn for the worst from financial to health to job and i always wanted to go back to c & D and now i read this . makes me feel as all my problems are nothing. i hope jim can get back on his feet .

as for me i am now disabled with no job my chances of coming back are really low unless i get a lottery win lol. miss all you guys.

• Like 2