Phnom Penh update

xyzzy

If the mods or xyzzy feel my posts have hijacked this thread in any way please feel free to move them into a separate trip report.

I think it's great stuff. Pretty much all about the scene since the visa stuff got moved out.

Not American but a huge fan of PNW- style very hoppy IPAs so love Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA , not big on pale ales though

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is IMO more hoppy that some IPAs. Doing a little thread hijacking myself. But the point was some entrepreneurs in Cambodia will import a container of stuff from America. So even though Cambo is pretty backward compared to Thailand you sometimes find some stuff there one wouldn't expect.

$1,50 per ladydrink they get mounts up and one GG I chatted to was quite happy on her earnings from that and not interested in going with customers.

This is a lesson that is often painful to learn about GGs in PP hostess bars. Many of the GGs will not go with customers and are just drink whores (that is what they call them on the GG boards, especially in the Philippines). You have to learn to sort through the GGs and figure out who is really available and who isn't. It can be very irritating until you figure out how it works and then one can still make mistakes. Fortunately most of the LBs are ready for action.

• Upvote 4

Ah that Neil's brings back great memories EA.  It was formally know as Isana and I spent many a happy time sipping cheap, cold beer while watching the world go by.

Isn't that the place we had our first beer together bumblebee (romantic eh) before moving onto the outside seating at 136 bar for a session of Angkor Draught ( I love that beer ) while being entertained by a mixed bevvy of lovlies. Where does the time go?    

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scooby

Thanks for posting all this info OP. I will use it on my trip to Phnom Penh next month. I arrive on May 20 and will be there for about two weeks. My first order of business will be to meet the lovely Tiara, who I've already connected with on email thanks to the info on her thread.

I would be keen to hit a few bars with other BMs who will be in Phnom Penh next month. Drop me a note if interested. Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Candy Bar has closed.

Singer Bar is billing itself as "the original Candy Bar"

I'm under the impression Singer Bar is/was still owned by the Candy Bar people?? I never understood why they moved in the first place. Candy Bar was always the late late night place as they were open 24 hours and had food all night. Plus it was nice to have A/C.

I tended to avoid them as they are somewhat more hard sell and expensive than other bars.,

That's an understatement..........absolutely over the top Ugly old bitches en masse.......it was the first bar I went to and quickly finished my beer ..........told them I would not be back again seems that will now definately come to fruition.

No surprise it's gone for a "ball of Chalk."

pdogg is the pic below the place that has closed Candy Lounge?

post-212-0-87995400-1398834713_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

That's the place EA.

Looks like you took the photo from a place I eat at about five times a week, pork on white rice with some broth on the side is just 1 USD. stays open until approx 3 AM.

It seems we all have our personal likes and dislikes regarding bars as a group of friends who we're visiting started their night there every night. they liked the corner outside table.

Bill padding, worthy of it's own thread, has been known to be a problem there. But since I rarely ever had a second beer there I'm not a good target. IMO bins should always be visible for the customer to examine. Don't like when it's hidden behind the bar.

• 3 weeks later...

Just around the corner on St 130 is Loco Bar which has a very, very pretty LB by the name of Coco.  This is a great bar run by a friendly Frenchman. 

Loco is a very well run, customer friendly bar.   The owner who is a helluva nice makes it clear to the girls to never ask for a ladyboy drink.  He places good music too. The girls are pretty and friendly.

Our crew had a great time there last night.  One of us asked one of the GGs about ladyboys and she told him Coco had left already.  But she called up the ladyboy from Pretty Woman to come over.

Loco is the exact opposite of Candy Bar.  Candy Bar's philosophy is to put on a full court press to get barangs to spend money while the Loco philosophy is to provide a friendly chill environment so customers keep coming back.  Only downside is that only 1 ladyboy works there but we found a way to make it work for us even though Coco (the ladyboy) wasn't there.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

HI PD Where in ,your opinion, is he best place in PP to meet with fresh and unadulterated LBs ???

Island Bar

It's on Street 118 between Street 5 and the river but much closer to Street 5.

Draft beer is 48 baht which is what most bars charge if it's not happy hour. Ladydrinks are 112 baht.

They have now enclosed the mezzanine area and it now costs 320 baht to go up there so if going up there you can forego the lady drink.

There is a very pretty and polite but micro hung LB who's name is Panith but sounds like Penis when she says it. There is also a young fresh pretty one with almost zero English that my Russian buddy reports has a very big tool. He said he tipped her 15 USD for mutual cocksucking upstairs but suppose 10 USD would be standard. In the bars with an open mezzanine, I suppose 5 USD is standard for playing with her dick but no CIM action in those bars.

There are other ladyboys there too, seems to change quite a bit.

Candy Bar often has quite a few LBs but in my experience it's a high pressure buy me a drink joint.

But many bars have a ladyboy. My good buddy Ken takes the direct approach and asks at the door if they have ladyboys.

• Upvote 3

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Island Bar

It's on Street 118 between Street 5 and the river but much closer to Street 5.

Draft beer is 48 baht which is what most bars charge if it's not happy hour. Ladydrinks are 112 baht.

They have now enclosed the mezzanine area and it now costs 320 baht to go up there so if going up there you can forego the lady drink.

There is a very pretty and polite but micro hung LB who's name is Panith but sounds like Penis when she says it. There is also a young fresh pretty one with almost zero English that my Russian buddy reports has a very big tool. He said he tipped her 15 USD for mutual cocksucking upstairs but suppose 10 USD would be standard. In the bars with an open mezzanine, I suppose 5 USD is standard for playing with her dick but no CIM action in those bars.

There are other ladyboys there too, seems to change quite a bit.

Candy Bar often has quite a few LBs but in my experience it's a high pressure buy me a drink joint.

But many bars have a ladyboy. My good buddy Ken takes the direct approach and asks at the door if they have ladyboys.

The forum has been very quiet on the Cambodia front of recent times. Well I'm due back in PP in about 3 weeks and I've just phoned a couple of old flames to sound out where all the ladyboys are working around town. I am reliably informed that Island Bar on 118 currently has 6 ladyboys on staff, which by PP standards is a shitload, and not necessarily a good thing in my book. From my experience this bar is one of the raunchier bars in PP where girls dance on the bar and I've seen guys just about fucking girls on the sofas. I've been with at least 3 of the 6 ladyboys at this bar so in actual fact I'll probably give it a wide berth, owing to the general clinginess/jealousy/immaturity of the PP ladyboy population. I actually far prefer the bars with a single resident ladyboy as you avoid a lot of bullshit!

Anyway I am in town for a week and will probably hit at least 30 bars and all the clubs and will post an update at the conclusion.

Cheers

premier

• Upvote 6

Wheels up for me in about six hours. I am flying with Eva Air from Seattle to Taipei and connecting to Phnom Penh. I will be there for two weeks and then on to LOS. I will do my best to post updates on what's happening. Pdogg and premier gave me a list of bars and ladies to investigate. 

• Upvote 2