Phnom Penh update

xyzzy

On pdoggg's recommendation, I paid a visit to Space Hair Salon & Bar for a drink a few nights ago. I enjoyed the place and would gladly go back for a drink or two. I didn't fancy any of the 6 gay boys who were there, but alas I am not that gay. Tiara accompanied me, which caused a minor fuss and some squeals of delight from a few of the gay boys. I met the co-owners--Javier (40ish Spaniard) and Sopheap "Sop" Chuk (30ish Khmer). They seemed like very nice fellows. The staff were attentive and pleasant. My only complaint is that it's a bit cramped with small tables and uncomfortable chairs.

I went back for a haircut yesterday. Sop did a great job. I'm quite happy with my haircut. And it cost a reasonable $7.

post-7323-0-17747800-1440539951_thumb.pn

• Upvote 2

In the end you can only do so many haircuts within a spread of time regardless of the bargain price.  :biggrin: Especially if you don't have much to start with which is the case with me. Do they do facial shaves? If so, at the right price it could easily be a daily occurrence and perhaps on one of those days the sun might shine on the shaver and shave-ee hahaha. 

Keep safe Syl. 

• Upvote 1

I want a really, really, really good and relaxing clean shave with new sharp blades and an expert who knows how to use them without cutting me to bits like on Soi Buckaroo. For that I am willing to pay 5 bucks!!!

BTW way, I still think there is a lucrative business in shaving cocks, asses, balls and of course, pussies. But nobody wants to go in business with me. Boo Hoo. 

• Upvote 3

Do they do facial shaves? 

Indeed they do. The price is $4. There's a price list for salon services on their website. I didn't get a shave but judging by the skill and precision Sop demonstrated whilst cutting my hair I'd say you would be in good hands. I may go back for a shave in a few days. Will let you know how it goes if I do. I can tell you that Sop has a marvelous ass, but it might not be available as I got the impression that he and Javier are a couple.

$7 is a lot for a haircut in PP. I use to go to a guy over on 110 that had a fancy air conditioned place and charged $3. Last time at Space, about 20 months ago, I told Sop how to cut my hair and then he cut it the way he wanted. :biggrin:  I've been getting it cut that way ever since...

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there , Im heading to PP in the middle of next month. I have heard about a LB called Sofia. Does anyone know if she is still around, and is she versatile ?

Thanks 

• Upvote 2

im in Indonesia for a week first, that will fun. i will check in . a friend met this Sofia a couple of years ago. apparently she is quite a personalitty

Our Indonesia info is really out of date.  

Any info about where the ladyboys are hanging out in Jakarta, Bali, or anywhere in Indonesia would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

is bo bo still around pp

Welcome to the forum Dave!    :drinks:

I haven't seem Bobo in quite awhile.

Went to her birthday party at Classic Cabaret back in 2011 and can't recall bumping intoher in the last few years.

Think she is friendly with Tiara who posts on our forum or you can see Tiara at the Top ten Bar on Street 104.

• 6 months later...

Newbie to PP and the LB scene in general and just arrived last night after a long stint without break working in the Middle East. I had organised an online visa and so immigration went smoothly. I had also arranged online a pick-up at the airport which didn't turn up. Ended up getting a Tuk-Tuk which costs US$10, probably should have haggled but didn't have the enthusiasm after the overnight flight and long wait at the airport (Footnote: I complained to the online company and in fairness to them they refunded my fee without question although in hindsight there is no need to book ahead as plenty of transport available outside the airport).  

I'm staying at the La Rose Boutique Hotel and Spa, a little way away from the night life which I might end up regretting and a little pricey (US$60 a night) however that includes access to a pool which I intend to use during the day to de-stress after my stint in the Middle East. Trip last night in the back of the Tuk-Tuk was crazy, chaotic but ultimately a great introduction to PP. Discovered I had arrived in the middle of the Kings birthday celebrations and was told this had brought more traffic onto the streets.   

It was already late when I arrived (10pm) but showered and back out again for what I told myself would be just a couple of beers before crashing out early...you can guess how that turned out. Got dropped off at the Night Market and then made my way back down the Riverside counting the street numbers and using the advice on this forum as  a guide. Found a local eatery where I had a good Khmer curry and the two beers I had promised myself. Well I said to myself I guess there's no harm in having one more and found myself in the Loco Bar on Street 30. As others on this forum have said the owner is western (Jim I think), and I got chatting to him. Nice guy but as with any ex-pat you meet out here wherever you mention they have always been there and done that hahaha. As I said I'm new to all this so probably should have just asked if there were any LBs there but couldn't get up the nerve. The place was busy and as also mentioned on this forum the girls don't hassle you, they come up and start to chat but if you are not interested they will move off. Looking around the place I did note a couple of likely LBs but both were occupied with other punters.

Few more beers later and I find myself out on the street trying to call Tiara who's number I got from this forum. Probably just as well she didn't pick up as a semi-drunk Englishman calling at close to midnight is probably not a good first introduction. We have subsequently exchanged txt messages and she is busy this week but I hope to meet up with her in a couple of weeks when I come back through PP.

Next stop is Cycree Bar (130 and 49 intersection). Bad choice. No LBs in here and only me and another what appears to be a drunk Japanese guy who is slumped over the end of the bar. I get coerced into buying a couple of lady drinks and the next thing I know I'm getting a back rub from one girl and a front rub (if you know what I mean from the other). In desperation I did put my hand down the panties of the more masculine looking of them but didn't find what I was looking for.

Eventually extracted myself from the place, jumped into a Tuk-Tuk and said take me home... well I'm sure that's what I said but found myself ten minutes later outside of Pontoon night club. Now I'm in my late fifties, overweight, and have never considered myself handsome but within minutes I had a succession of freelancers it seems mistaking me for Brad Pitt. A combination of the  drink, the noise of the place and my lack of experience at this game made sorting the LBs from the GGs a hopeless task. More beers later and after embarrassing attempts to dance as if I was still in my teens, one of the GGs took pity on me (or advantage of me) and hauled me out into a Tuk-Tuk. Half way down the road she said can my friend come as well to which of course there was only one answer.

So not the most successful of first nights and I remain an PP LB virgin. Waking up next to two young beautiful GGs did go some way to help, even if I can see the more experienced members of this forum just shaking their heads at the failings of a newbie.

Tonight I think I'll include the Island Bar on the list of places to visit as I saw it got a reasonable write up on here. I'm also thinking that I should simply pluck up the courage to ask where are the LBs when I walk into a bar (yes some hope of that)... I'll keep you posted....

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UKSmooooth said:

Tonight I think I'll include the Island Bar on the list of places to visit as I saw it got a reasonable write up on here. I'm also thinking that I should simply pluck up the courage to ask where are the LBs when I walk into a bar (yes some hope of that)... I'll keep you posted....

Great report with lots of detail UKS.  Thanks!

Island Bar probably has the most ladyboys per square foot in Phnom Penh.  it's on Street 118 between Street 5 and the River but much closer to Street 5 and on the right side of the street if you are headed from Street 5 to the River.  

Btw, even streets run in one direction 110 then 118 then 130 then 136 while odd streets run in the other 5 then 13 then 15 then 19 then Norodom.  

One Forum member when opening the door to a bar would ask if any ladyboys were there but that's not really my style. 

Does anyone recall the small bar (across from one of the salons) inside Golden Sorya Mall on the side near Pontoon close to Street 172? The ladyboys go there after their bars closes and there are no barfines. The name escapes me though.  Golden Sorya Mall (GSM) is on Street 51 (between Street 154 and Street 172), same street as Heart of Darkness.  Early in the evening Street 51 doesn't have many ladyboys but at 4AM that's where you will find most of them.

• Upvote 1

Great intro report UKS.

Don't beat yourself up too much for not finding a LB on your first night. You did wake up with two cute GGs and there is certainly nothing wrong with that in my books. Bravo. 

If you want a good hotel closer to the action check out Golden House. It's a nice place and perhaps cheaper than what you are paying now.

Good luck with your adventures and play safe.

• Upvote 1

Cycree Bar has always been a GG bar. It also must be the longest surviving as it has survived many a government crackdown on the bars. Not sure if they ever went back to using their on site rooms or you still take the GGs down to the nearby hotel. The authorities really went after bars that had rooms on site a few years ago.  http://www.cyrcee.com/

You might make a pass through the bars on 104 on the block next to the riverside. I was there in March and there was a LB or two in the hostess bars here and there. Same on the first two blocks of 136 but it can be slim pickings. As mentioned there are usually LBs at Island Bar. But things change as to where the LBs can be found so it's hard to keep up to date. 

Good luck and have fun. Usually a fair amount of searching through the hostess bar is require. And if you don't know a LB when you see one you might have to ask around a bit (which is never very much fun).

• Upvote 1