Only in Thailand!

bumblebee

We were chatting last night and the subject of weird sights in Los came up.  The two guys I was with were even surprised when i told them about the guy and the mannequin gf. 

I was sitting in Pook Swan a few years back with another fellow LB lover.  Suddenly across the bar this guy arrives with a mannequin that you see on those dress carts around the sois, no head, arms or legs.  Then he places it on the stool beside him and orders drinks for both of them, I kid you not.  He commences to sip his drink and chat to the piece of plastic while it gives him the cold shoulder :biggrin:

Anyway a few minutes later a guy passes with one of the said dress carts, which causes our friend to get very excited, no doubt having unfaithful thoughts about what he would like to do with this array of talent on offer.  The gf keep very calm throughout it all.  Eventually he finishes his drink, check bins and leaves, the ungrateful gf never touched hers the whole time.

I am sure some of you gents have witnessed strange goings on in your time here also.

• Upvote 3

Gives new meaning to the term starfish.

I use to think Glitterman that peddles his bicycle around Pattaya in his shiny costume was weird. But he started posting on one of the GG forums and is only somewhat weird despite his appearance. He apparently is back in England and is on Twitter. So guess this one doesn't strictly follow the thread theme as he is also in England.

post-345-0-72172800-1388302290_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Anyone who spent a lot of time in Pattaya a few years ago and was out and about during the day probably remembers this one. She always wore a white face, walked around talking to herself and often hung out near the corner of Beach Road and Soi 8. Urban legend had it she was a working girl long ago and was severly beaten by a customer. There was also a rumor she ended up, or her family did, getting a lot of money. The whole story is probably BS. But she was a crazy one and while never really threatening she made you uncomfortable if within a short distance. I use to drink at a bar on that corner in the afternoon and gaze at the ocean in days gone by.

Photo from thepattayclub.com

post-345-0-25900400-1388303149_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

I was sitting at Hillary 4 in Jan and watched the council fix a blocked drain he removed his shoes so his socks didn't get wet he must have been the apprentice, I would rather get the lunches any day.

Note the flotation device next to his head,....safety first.[attachmentpost-4385-0-79044300-1388346928_thumb.jp   

There used to be (probably still is , maybe he's a member here ?) a guy who came into Guess Bar in Bangkok with a rabbit inside his manbag that was strapped across his chest .

I didn't believe it , my friend told me there was a white rabbit in his bag but true enough the guy was playing pool and the rabbit popped up its head out of the bag .

Maybe he was a pool shark and the rabbit was coaching him ? 

Yep ..Jim 

I have seen him in there myself,I thought it was a cat at first.

On my last trip in October there was a very drunk guy in the Nana hotel bar and every street seller walked past

he bought something in no time at all he had a big broom ,potplant a big ass zippo he got off the old guy with the lump on his face

and all sorts of other shit .

It was funny to watch and none of the bar girls would talk to him.

Very cool. 

• 5 weeks later...

Another typical Thai incident is the one I got reminded of last night when chatting with the guys.  There was a fire in the school I used to work in in Bangkok back in 2006.  It started in one of the science labs and there was a fear that some chemical cylinders might blow.  Anyways it was quite a big fire and the fire brigade arrived.  All the male fire fighters looked the part in their uniforms but there was one female fighter who stood out.  While she had on the same uniform as the guys, the guys wore combat boots whereas she had on a pair of gold, high heel sandals and bright red painted toe nails, great for kicking down doors no doubt.

For a moment I honestly though it was somebody's birthday and she was the stripper. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

• 11 months later...

When I was working in Bkk in 2005/06 the main dating site was Thailand Friends (who was a member of that one?).  One of my fellow teachers was a big player and a sex addict I guess.  His classroom was beside the staff room, and he would very regularly give the students long exercises which gave him enough time to pop next door and check his messages on TF and line up new liaisons.  Supervising the students progress was not a priority it would seem. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a restaurant in Jomtien one day and an old Thai couple were sitting on mats near the road getting drunk. The old fella died and an ambulance came and carted his remains away.  A small group of Thais watched all this and none of them even made eye contact with the old drunk woman, including the ambulance crew.  Within 10 minutes everyone was gone and the old drunk lass just stared at the empty space where her old fella had been.  She eventually grabbed the bottle of booze, chugged in back, then lay down, probably to die too.

No cunt batted an eyelid.   

• Upvote 4

While waiting for a taxi outside the hospital a while back this elderly lady on crutches hops on a motorbike taxi and heads of sitting side saddle.

I saw something similar, walking past a hospital I saw an orderly pushing someone in a wheelchair with a broken leg. He wqs wheeled all the way to his bike, helped onto it and off he rode!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Lol,Yes I was sitting in the bar at the end of soi 8 ,we were having a huge arvo drinking session and noticed a pissed up middle aged guy.

All afternoon he getting fed more booze by the ladies,when he would go to the toilet they would help him walk and then pull his cock out to piss at the trough .talk about keeping a customer.

Anyways when he decided to leave a motorbike pulled up right in front of the bar and after 10 minutes getting him on the bike as a passenger

The girls proceeded to hockey strap him to the seat and rope tied him to the rider took a good half hour and then they rode off he holing a beer.it was funny as feck,I lub thailand

• Upvote 4

• 8 months later...