Where's Your Favorite Kebab

pdogg

Get Big Tel to talk about the one on Second Road near the Soi VC corner. Ha!

(The kebabs are yummy.)

Had one there just yesterday.  The lamb is 80 B whereas on WS it's usually 100 B.  But the one PD mentions is my preference for now.  There is also a good one just as you turn right out of WS heading towards Second Rd.  Very easy to miss as it is set in about a metre from the path and is quite narrow.

Went to that one MANY times when I was staying at Yensabai a couple years ago; pure heaven.

There is also one on WS which is outstanding, it may be the one PD mentioned and frankly it's the only reason I could see myself venturing down into that tourist hellhole.

I'm sure these ones found at the Beach Road end of Walking Street have lit up a few evenings .

Light your lamp, and turn up the wick

I'll be there on the double quick

Wanna tell you I've been missin'

Your caressin' and you kissin'

So I'm comin' home tonight

I never quite grasp the mixed one costing more than just the lamb unless you get more.

A few of us pondered this exact question last night. It would seem more logical(a word I use in the loosest sense in Los) if the mixed was priced half way between the chicken and the lamb. Only one way to find out. :party0021:

Wish there was a good doner kebab place like you get in uk… now those were awesome..  

I agree 100%! I remember living in Peterborough UK some years ago and there was a place in town that sold the best donner kebab and chips. I believe it was their chili sauce that did me in! Great post pub meal. -Swedeman007

A few of us pondered this exact question last night. It would seem more logical(a word I use in the loosest sense in Los) if the mixed was priced half way between the chicken and the lamb. 

Maybe they charge for the mixing ? 

It is Thailand after all  8P

(The kebabs are yummy.)

Hi Ken

Yes that is still my favorite stall for getting a Kebab, tried some more on my recent trip and still as tasty as ever, like the inclusion of the chips also getting a side order of Falafel and the battered prawns to go with it is a nice combination.  Raised a glass or two of Red while I was there in a toast to you amigo at our regular drinking spot, "Wan Cafe"  AKA  " Ken & Tels place".

:drinks:

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For something slightly different Master Kumpir in the basement of Central Festival does a delicious chicken kebab in what they call German bread.  Anyone who has been to Berlin will recognise them from all the kebabs shops there.  They cost a reasonable 89 Baht and you should be full after it.

post-106-0-47044600-1400337738_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-90859500-1400337780_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...