Late Night Haunts

lb911

Any recommendations on late night spots? I will be arriving at Bangkok at 1am, and hoping for some play the same night.  :party0021:

I understand freelancers will be around Nana Plaza, and Soi Cowboy bars may stay open a little past 2am. Also read Check-In Bar stays open quite late. Much obliged on any recommendations! 

Also, what is the best form of transportation from the airport to my hotel in Sukumvit at this time of the night? 

• Upvote 1

The public taxi queue at the Suvarnabhumi are open 24/7. It is located on level 1 (ground level) of the airport. There is a 50 Baht airport surcharge (you have to remember to add 50 Baht) to the meter reading. If you want the driver to take the tollway express you have to pay the fees for that as well. It recently increased from 70 Baht, but I'm not sure what the new amount is.

Generally it should cost around 300-350 Baht to get to Sukhumvit from the airport (that's not including tollway fees).

• Upvote 2

I would expect something like 200-250 baht on the meter (unless you get stuck in bad traffic which you shouldn't at 1 AM) and then the 50 baht RX mentioned. The new toll amount is 75 baht (25+50). The toll road isn't usually necessary that late at night.

lb911 there many sidewalk bars on Sukhumvit that stay open very late. There are some LBs at the sidewalk bars between Sukhumvit Soi 4 and the Landmark hotel. But the main sidewalk bar action is on the odd soi side of Sukhumvit. Cross Suk at Soi 4, which is Soi 3 on the other side, and start walking toward the higher number sois. The are many sidewalk bars. GG bars, a few LB bars and some with a LB here and there, etc.  

• Upvote 2

I will be arriving at Bangkok at 1am, and hoping for some play the same night.  :party0021:

Plenty of time for a shit, shave and a shower before getting a beer in Golden Bar, the one attached to the Nana Hotel, directly opposite the Nana Plaza entrance. Try and sit as close to the car park end as possible. Watch the 2am exodus and the gatherings outside the car park and the huddle right at the exit. There's more ladyboy totty than Xyzzy can shake his stick at, plus save B700 into the bargain, if so inclined.

After that go walkabout down Sukhumvit on the odd numbered side as Xy described, i.e. cross Sukhumvit Road and turn right. Apart from plenty freelancers and the Check-In bars there's a buzz in the air 'til 4am or more.

• Upvote 1