WEIRD SHIT

dimitri11

I am not sure that anybody is going to believe that but I have to say it somewhere, and as they say it is easierr to speak to strangers.

4 weeks ago Friday night me and my buddy who lives ni PP decide to go to Pontoon. We sit at the bar, right corner as you face it and started a serious Jack Daniels drinking (doubles), at around 2 o clock and having 3 doubles each I spot a nicelly dressed lady behind my buddy exactly on the corner with a beer bottle asking the bartender for a bottle of water and searching her purce for a 1 dollar bill to pay, since I had many 1 $ in my pocket due to changes I just gave it to the bartender.

The lady looks at me and I change positions with my buddy so I can talk to her.

Started talking, she says that she is from Thailand and she is a little drunk trying to overcome the seperation from her husband, she has 2 kids and her husband who is European and owner of 2 clubs in PP was fooling around with other women that,s why they broke up. And then she mentions that he has promised to shoot her if she will go with another man.

In the meantime she has bought me 3 more Jacks, and opening her wallet to pay I noticed at least 15-20 100$ bills and some 20 smaller $ bills inside.

At around 3 my buddy says goodnight and leaves so the lady asks me to move to the lounch in order to be able to talk better, I have already given her my Cambodian phone No and told her that I was staying in Cambodiana htl, just a precaution as I was staying at Lux Riverside.

So now we move to the lounch where she suddenly goes to her knees and desapears inside the club, my phone rings and she is calling asking me to meet her outside by her car a white BMW X5, I go outside find the car and while waiting there came 2 local guys telling me to stop bothering the lady that was married and showing me pistols in their belts.

They call a tuk tuk and tell him to take me to Cambodiana and leave me there.

I had to take another tuk tuk from there to go to my htl and all the time I was receiving SMS from the lady asking me where I am and that she is at Cambodiana looking for me.

Never answered the messages and I was scared shittless with the whole incident.

And now I am still wondering what the fuck happened!

• Upvote 3

I went to Pontoon in September with pdogg. Really liked the setup and vibe of the whole club!!

Scary story but the answer us in your own thread. Husband owns clubs in PP and she is obviously known to all of them.

You did the right thing to get out of there... Not worth getting busted up or shot for some drunken skirt.

You were probably lucky to just get away with a little intimidation...

• Upvote 1

Guys

I am visiting Asia the last 30 years and have seen and done many strange and weird shit, but this was my first time that I was really threatened.

Been always carefull and allert, thus the wrong htl mentioned to her, I cannot think for any scam since the lady was loaded, I saw the money but recalling some things now all the staff working there and mostly the bartenders knew her.

Anyway another tale of se Asia as bumblemee said!

• Upvote 1

My take on this is that the armed guys were likely her bodyguards, and their loyalties would undoubtedly lie with her husband, hence them warning you off.  You were probably just a pawn in some bullshit drunken stunt she was pulling to make her husband jealous or something.  The Heart of Darkness had a bad rap several years ago after a few incidences of bodyguards of well connected revellers shooting other patrons.

• Upvote 2