Siem Riep And Sihanoukville Lodging

pdogg

the busiest part of town is down near pub street,lots of accomodation down there also,but plenty of hassle off the tuk-tuk men and street hawkers.Siam reap is spread out a bit,but if you hire a bicycle,its easy to get round.I stayed at a place called The Golden Orange-clean,modern,$18 per night including breakfast-a very good b/fast it is as well.The golden orange is a $!.50 ride from central siam reap.Check it out online.

Thanks for the tip on the Golden Orange Willie!

Guess I'll probably book my first two nights there although if I could get comaparable quality lodging at the same price on Pub Street suppose I would go for that.

But once I book someone it will probably be tough to change hotels if I'm going to Angkor in the daytime.

Trenton, Was hoping you'd see this thread and the other thread and the other Angkor thread as I know from our conversations in Pattaya that you are a real Angkor fan, not sure if fan is the right word.

Hotel looks good and seems they give you a free night if staying at least for a four nights, buy 3 get one free.

Happy to help.

I also responded in the other thread.

The Ta Phrom is more expensive than a guesthouse, but it's a proper hotel actually located in town.

Lots of hotels have sprung in the last few years, but they're located all around the outskirts of the city, and many are within walking distance of nothing.

The free day does lower the cost a bit, and the Ta Phrom also offers free airport pickup.

And I'm not kidding about the pumpkin soup and Khmer Kitchen. My last couple visits to Siem Reap have been because I was jonesing for the soup. Sure, I visit the temples, but I eat that soup as often as I can!

• 6 months later...

I'm staying at the rediculously expensive Terrasse des Elephants.not a good option probably for most on this board since they charge $20per day if a girl stay overnight, but since I paid 26 dollars per cuban cigar at duty free in seoul airport), it doesnt bother me. The night doorman are friendly and am amused that I've found a local ladyfriend..the hotel is fabulous though..a roof top pool has a temple motif and half a block from pub street.

I'm staying at the rediculously expensive Terrasse des Elephants.not a good option probably for most on this board since they charge $20per day if a girl stay overnight, but since I paid 26 dollars per cuban cigar at duty free in seoul airport), it doesnt bother me. The night doorman are friendly and am amused that I've found a local ladyfriend..the hotel is fabulous though..a roof top pool has a temple motif and half a block from pub street.

Randiuno, since you prefer nice hotels, if you decide to stay in the Victory Hill area of Sihanoukville, my recommendation would be Le Reserve at $45 a night. Bring your swim trunks as they have a beautiful pool that is almost empty.

http://www.lareserve-sihanoukville.com/

And if you want upscale lodging on Serendipity Beack in Sihanoukville, the lads thought this place was good.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g325573-d2084051-Reviews-Serendipity_Beach_Resort-Sihanoukville.html

But Snooky does not have to be expensive. There are nice enough rooms for 5 bucks a night bor the budget traveler or long stay visoitor.

• 1 year later...

the busiest part of town is down near pub street,lots of accomodation down there also,but plenty of hassle off the tuk-tuk men and street hawkers.Siam reap is spread out a bit,but if you hire a bicycle,its easy to get round.I stayed at a place called The Golden Orange-clean,modern,$18 per night including breakfast-a very good b/fast it is as well.The golden orange is a $!.50 ride from central siam reap.Check it out online.

They have changed their name, and it's now called Loving Angkor Hotel

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php?/topic/9-cambodia-accommodation/?p=389