Anyone get a Thai Tourist Visa in PP lately?

Guest JustSumGai

I am under the impression the non tourist visa for long stay is called a business visa. It matters not if you are not doing any business.

On the forms the business visa is referred to as an 'ordinary visa' and if you wish to have a continual stay within the Kingdom (over 2 months) then you need to get it on arrival via the queues, otherwise you have to leave the country and re-apply on entry again. It is not available by way of an evisa which is for a tourist visa only.

I'd always flown Air Asia up until they got shifted to Don Muang and only used them once from there. Despite the free shuttle bus from Suvarnabhumi it is a bit of a pain and also time consuming to get to Don Muang. It was a pleasant trip down memory lane at Don Muang but once was enough.

I flew Bangkok Air from BKK to PNH once but after that I have always flown using Cambodia Angkor Air. CAA have a pretty new fleet as they're not that old (started Dec 2012) plus they have convenient departure times early or mid afternoon, depending on which direction. The cost last time for one-way was $101 ($40 + $61 tax). For some reason the website has never let me book a return ticket, so I book two one ways which works out the same price anyway.

• Upvote 1

On the forms the business visa is referred to as an 'ordinary visa' and if you wish to have a continual stay within the Kingdom (over 2 months) then you need to get it on arrival via the queues, otherwise you have to leave the country and re-apply on entry again. It is not available by way of an evisa which is for a tourist visa only.

OK cool. The Cambo embassy in Washington calls it a business visa as do my expat friends. I was trying to make things clearer and instead just made them more confusing. Ordinary visa it is...

I flew Bangkok Air from BKK to PNH once but after that I have always flown using Cambodia Angkor Air. CAA have a pretty new fleet as they're not that old (started Dec 2012) plus they have convenient departure times early or mid afternoon, depending on which direction. The cost last time for one-way was $101 ($40 + $61 tax). For some reason the website has never let me book a return ticket, so I book two one ways which works out the same price anyway.

I got lucky in March Cambodia Angkor Air had a special on ฿5355 ($172)return including taxes Suvarnabhumi.

Normally book online but a cute GG travel agent I have dealt with found this bargain and also arranged the Bell Bus so I was more than happy to pay her ฿300 service charge.

post-212-0-37733400-1398225275_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2