Phnom Penh Accommodation

DownLoLarry

Agoda Phnom Penh Hotels

Three of the most popular mongering areas in Phom Penh are Street 136, Street 104 and Street 51. I recommend Street 136 for the first timer as it is more centrally located and right on the river. For $1 you get get a tuk tuk to take you from one area to another, just state $1 upfront and walk away if it's not accepted and they will quickly call you back. Or you can easily walk from 104 to 136. The walk to Street 51 (51 is an odd street so runs parallel to the river, even streets are perpendiclar) is a bit dodgy.

Street 136 area:

Paragon Hotel:

Right on the river at street 136, dreary windlowless rooms for $17 and nicer rooms with a window for $23. Safe at desk. I was happy enough when I stayed there as well as other FMs. Two free computers in the lobby as well as wifi but the connection wasn't very good.

Goldenhouse:

Located a minute away from the river on street 136 directly opposite Candy Bar where you can get laid 24/7/365. Nice rooms with a safety box.

Lux:

Just off the river on Street 136, free computers and free wifi in the lobby only. Free brekkie.

http://www.luxrivers...l.com/index.php

Indochine 2 (Cheap charlie Special)

Not listed on theirebsite are Rooms 101, 102, and 103.....the cheap charlie specials, only $12 a night. But these rooms are very small and the ceiling only 6 and half feet.

Street 104 Area:

California 2

Free wifi and brekkie and in room safe. Have to walk through the bar to get to your room.

http://www.cafecalif...aphnompenh.com/

Street 51 Area:

Flamingos, probably the most famous monger's hotel in Phnom Penh. Price includes free airport pickup. Normally a tuk tuk from the airport is $7 but you can easily find someone to take you to the airport for $5.

So if you stayed at a Phnom Penh hotel, you can add a review here. Hopefully others will start Siem Riep and Sihanoukville threads.

More to come of daytime pics and location of the Phnom Penh bars. Our mission is to serve. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info Larry.

Should this thread be in the travel section of the forum?

I think it's easier to find this thread where it is now, the A List which includes all Asian countries except Thailand and the PI.

There are lots of Thailand non-ladyboy related posts in the Thailand Travel and Lifestyle Section.

If in the future, the A List gets busier, and I hope so, we can divide it into ladyboy related A List and non-ladyboy related A List.

Hotels to AVOID in Phnom Penh:

The holier than thou cunts who operate the Blue Lime Hotel in Phnom Penh have a large sign on their gate stating, "Sex Travelers Not Welcome".

One hand, I kind of like being labeled a Traveler instead of a Tourist. To me, what traveling is all about is getting to know the local people, and what better way to get to know them than to fcuk them?

So the holier than thou cunts can lick my unwashed hole! ass.gif

Their sister hotel's website puts on their website, "The Pavilion stands against sex tourism". Why should they give two shits about what two consenting adults engage in? One could even make the arguement that sex tourism directly benefits the disadvantaged while "Normal Tourists" put money in the pcokets of the barangs who operate fancy hotels and restaurants.

AVOID:

The Pavillion :bad:

our other projects...

- Chinese House, Phnom Penh, lounge bar, food & art gallery in the capital's oldest Chinese house. :bad:

- The Plantation, Phnom Penh, 72-room hotel, right next to the Royal Palace, opening in November 2011. :bad:

- Blue Lime, Phnom Penh, 23-room cool urban accommodation, concrete furniture, garden, pool, near National Museum. :bad:

- Kabiki, Phnom Penh, 11-room accommodation, large park, large pool, near the Royal Palace (families friendly). :bad:

- elsewhere, Phnom Penh, design clothing shop and lounge bar around two swimming pools. :bad:

- The 240, Phnom Penh, 5-room accommodation right on street 240 & organic shop and restaurant downstairs. :bad:

- Mekong Floating Bungalow, Phnom Penh, on the Mekong, in front of Phnom Penh's Royal Palace (opening end-2010). :bad:

• Upvote 1

I've tended to stay along Sisowath Quay. Because I like the outlook over water, the availability of lots of good eateries with chilled white wine, and its easy access to most places.

Hotels I'm familiar with go for 15 - 25 or 30 USD range per night kind of fee. Depending on place and season. Best I've had is low season (June) 15 USD, and that's normal hotel not backpacker el cheapo stuff.

I've stayed twice at Mekong Palace Hotel, 253-255 Sisowath. It's about a 15 min walk to Blue Chilli (178 St) going that way, and about the same or less to 136 St going the other way.

I took femboys/gay boys home each night. Reception had no problem. When the ST session ended (I thought it was for overnight but no boy wanted to stay ON) in the wee hours, reception were tops, would not let the boy leave till they sent a runner up to my room to check I was OK (had not been drugged out, robbed or whatever by a boy skiving off). I was very impressed with that.

Stayed in a few places in Phnom Penh.Found this one to be the best.LB/GG/multiple friendly.They give you a call from the front desk,when your guest(s)are leaving,to make make sure everything is fine.
http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/cambodia/phnom_penh_and_surrounds/phnom_penh/phnom_penh/all/2153
Sitting on the balcony with a beer,and smoking a joint(the size of a drainpipe!) whilst watching everything go by on the riverfront road,is a great way to kick off the evening before heading out.

LBR Agoda Hotels

• Upvote 1

The hotel mentioned by katana57 is another along the Quay, Sam, and if you click on his link you'll see the kind of place I'm talking about.

136 St is said to be best for LB bars and 104 St too.

If you scroll down in this section of the A List you'll see another general thread on Phnom Penh. In there quite a few FMs give details of bar names, addresses, girl costs.

• 7 months later...

Three of the most popular mongering areas in Phom Penh are Street 136, Street 104 and Street 51. I recommend Street 136 for the first timer as it is more centrally located and right on the river.

Street 136 area:

Goldenhouse:

Located a minute away from the river on street 136 directly opposite Candy Bar where you can get laid 24/7/365. Nice rooms with a safety box.

http://www.goldenhouse.asia/hm/

Given PD's advice above - and I think if memory serves me well, Sam stayed there too - I've just booked at GoldenHouse. But while their website is easy enough, at final page of accepting my payment, the site rejected my credit card for some reason. No other bookings I've just made (airlines etc) suffered this problem, so it's them, not me. I've emailed them to see if they can sort it out.

Anyone struck this glitch before?

Ken,

Yes I stayed there and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is grand central. The place was clean, quiet, and the staff more than accommodating. I recommend it highly. I did not book in advance. Just walked in with my luggage and obtained a room. Used VISA to pay when checking out. I believe they required an advance however I am not sure. Interesting place. Let us know how you get on.

Happy New Year.

On 4/30/2011 at 1:26 PM, DownLoLarry said:

Three of the most popular mongering areas in Phom Penh are Street 136, Street 104 and Street 51. I recommend Street 136 for the first timer as it is more centrally located and right on the river. For $1 you get get a tuk tuk to take you from one area to another, just state $1 upfront and walk away if it's not accepted and they will quickly call you back. Or you can easily walk from 104 to 136. The walk to Street 51 (51 is an odd street so runs parallel to the river, even streets are perpendiclar) is a bit dodgy.

Street 51 Area:

Flamingos, probably the most famous monger's hotel in Phnom Penh. Price includes free airport pickup. Normally a tuk tuk from the airport is $7 but you can easily find someone to take you to the airport for $5.

http://www.flamingos.com.kh/accommodation.php

Here are some shots of the area. Pontoon and Heart of Darkness are the two late night clubs. Pontoon seems to be free weekdays, well it was a month ago, but we had to pay one Saturday night. Many of the local LBs go there from about 1 am onwards, and then some drift to the nearby HoD later on.

This whole area can be covered in about 3 minutes at most. Flamingos is on 172 which cuts across 51, about 50 metres away. Pontoon is on the other side on 51, again on 172. HoD is in the middle of 51. Plenty of outside bars to chill be it girls ones or regular ones. A famous GG freelancers bar is Walkabout, which is at the south end of the bar area more or less.

post-106-004984300 1325476663.jpg

post-106-037328800 1325476676.jpg

post-106-099446600 1325476697.jpg

post-106-029988800 1325476721.jpg

post-106-036049600 1325476744.jpg

post-106-039517100 1325476763.jpg

post-106-099901800 1325476806.jpg

post-106-062393700 1325476832.jpg

post-106-014414800 1325476859.jpg

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

f8.jpg

f9.jpg

f10.jpg

• Upvote 1

Also in one of the pics is Shanghai Bar which has the reputation of having the prettiest girls. Not all go with customers though.

A bit classier than most PP hostess bars, good AC, nice decor, and good grub.

Popular with the guys who come from the LOS on a visa trip. These guys often stay at Flamingos across the street.

Shanghai has an unusual barfine policy. The barfine is free but you must spend 30 USD in the bar. Can be spent on drinks, ladydrinks, or food, up 2 u.

I had lots of snaps of PP but downloaded them to my old computer that crashed. :(

BB's are a thousand times better than mine though! :pic:

On 4/30/2011 at 1:26 PM, DownLoLarry said:

Street 136 area:

Paragon Hotel:

Right on the river at street 136, dreary windlowless rooms for $17 and nicer rooms with a window for $23. Safe at desk. I was happy enough when I stayed there as well as other FMs. Two free computers in the lobby as well as wifi but the connection wasn't very good.

Goldenhouse:

Lux:

Just off the river on Street 136, free computers and free wifi in the lobby only. Free brekkie.

Indochine 2 (Cheap charlie Special)

Not listed on theirebsite are Rooms 101, 102, and 103.....the cheap charlie specials, only $12 a night. But these rooms are very small and the ceiling only 6 and half feet.

Some photos of the hotels in the order listed above. Indochine 2 is on Street 130, a block away, about a 1 minute walk.

post-106-062702000 1325822679.jpg

post-106-075261000 1325822702.jpg

post-106-066113100 1325822747.jpg

post-106-054413000 1325822814.jpg

post-106-083467100 1325822846.jpg

post-106-087693800 1325822876.jpg

post-106-090293600 1325822901.jpg

post-106-093404400 1325823683.jpg

par2.jpg

par1.jpg

gh2.jpg

gh1.jpg

lux3.jpg

kux1.jpg

lux2.jpg

indo1.jpg

Spent many an hour at Isana Mart, drinking 65 cent cans of Anchor with BB, watching the activity of Street 136. But not cause 65 cents is such a deal, because there's a wicker chair place on the river and Street 118 with 75 cent drafts from noon to midnight. Rather, an environment where bargirls aren't all over you but you can chat with the girls from Sizzler Bar next door.

Sizzler plays dome greta music by the way, stuff like the Sam Cooke version of We're Having A Party.

Great shots Bumblebee, really gives you a feel of the place. :pic:

Good to have some snaps of the hotel.

Re low end, if you want access to a balcony over the river then Paragon would be your choice over Indochine 2. But when I stayed at the Paragon, I hardly ever used the balcony and prefer the Indochine 2 which is only a minute away but the street outside is more peaceful. If emailing the Indochine 2, you might want phrase your email as to whether they have the small 12 dollar rooms or the bigger 15 dollar rooms available. These are discounted rtes and don't include brekkie.

Re mid range, I would choose the Golden House over the Lux based on the experience of others.

These four hotels are all in the same area only a minute apart.

• 2 weeks later...

I've booked at the Tonlésapguesthouse in street 104. Apparently it's above a bar called Pickled Parrot. Is the place ladyboy friendly?

While I don't know for sure I would imagine that a guesthouse on Street 104, a very small street of hostess bars, would almost certainly be guest,ladyboy friendly.

Welcome to he Forum Email!

Great. No need to walk far then. Any recommended hostess bars in 104 street?

104 has many cute GGs in the bars. No LBs that I have seen except Top Ten which has potential but the staff change quite frequently. Street 136 has more options (7 minute walk away) have a look around, bar 136 has a few of ours over the course of the night.

• 4 months later...

While I don't know for sure I would imagine that a guesthouse on Street 104, a very small street of hostess bars, would almost certainly be guest,ladyboy friendly.

Welcome to he Forum Email!

Forget about that place.

The owner is a rough arsed bogan Aussie and to get through to the rooms, you have to walk through a bar full of him and his mates.

Also, it's just been reported on another forum that he is now insisting on ID cards for room guests. No ID, no admittance.

Will you LB have an ID card? It could get messy.

• Upvote 1

I can recommend the California2 guest house which is just around the corner from the Pickled Parrot on Sisowath Quay. I stayed there in Febuary, a nice owner, good food, 24 hr bar downstairs and ladyboy friendly. I had been a regular at the Flamingo Hotel for years however California2 has won me over.

• Upvote 1