Dynasty Grande Suk Soi 6 Updates

Woofer1

Just a quick update on this hotel.

There are two buildings, Front one was renovated 2 years ago completed nice Bum Hose in All rooms etc.

Great place to be, as little Café downstairs offers Good food (Slightly overpriced) for those lazy legs who don't feel like shopping around.

Coffee is what you need after a heavy night (Guaranteed to wake up the dead)

Not so good, and what was not posted on the Hotel website is the fact that Rear Building is now undergoing renovations. and there is a NOISY Phase they are going through presently starting 9AM to 5PM.

With a guy on the small ledge, they are replacing all the rooms windows facing the pool, so Pool seems to be in the Danger area, at lest the side closest to back building.

This worker for last 2 days was knocking the windows frame out towards the inside using a Sledge Hammer, Can't get a shuteye unless you've got earplugs.

They are about 30% done as this is written, and today, finally managed to get hold of a Wrecking Saw but still using Hammer to knock them down.

Just a warning that next 2 weeks seem high Decibel area time, as they are bound to do same noisy stuff re installing new ones after. Hope for them there is not heavy rain, as all fcade of the building will be exposed to environment. Wonder how the plaster they are spreading on ceiling will have a chance to dry in this High humidity times.

That's all Guys

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the heads up on the Dynasty Grand construction noise Woofer!  :biggrin:

I have added your input to our Bangkok Master List

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3055-bangkok-accommodation-master-list/?p=59494

We are trying to make LBR the source for latest info on the ground for the "single male traveler".  Stealth has done a great job with Philippines and we're trying to catch up with Thailand and the Philippines.

Dawin is a nice alternative, same chain but smaller rooms.

I'll try to upload pictures of the state of the situation.

You guys judge if it will be finished by early November.

Personally, I doubt it, but you never know, as they seem to move quite fast at "Demolition"

I am watching the 1st room being "Rebuilt" across from mine, it will be the measuring Gauge

Latest Shots from Nov 3 PM

Now I am not a Structural Engineer, but look at the left hand side of pictures, and see where the Supporting wall is now gone at the corner, Guess the Load earing is all on this little Jack (Which by the way they move from floor to floor down as they go.

post-3895-0-78368700-1380967546_thumb.jp

post-3895-0-18635100-1380967569_thumb.jp

post-3895-0-39445300-1380967591_thumb.jp

post-3895-0-05461800-1380967619_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

There are no load bearing walls in Thailand - the entire building is supported by pillars spread throughout the building.  The walls are just added later and can be broken down or moved - it makes no odd's to the building strength.   

They will have it done - looks like the are just putting floor to ceiling windows to me.  Why they think that is important though is beyond me - the view is only of the other wing !!!!.  

Can't say I have stayed there recently - but I do not remember it being painted green before.  Looks crap IMHO.