La Bamba: What's Up?

bumblebee

Guest LaBambaBar

La Bamba is considering making a change to its layout, and has decided to canvass the view of its customers regarding the proposed change.  The change (and it's all one thing, not just any one or more of the 3) is thus:

1. Remove the dancing poles to the left and right just inside the door.

2. Move the two fish tanks to the right inside the door to somewhere else in the bar.

3. Install a 20-baht-per-play pool table in this new space between the door and the bar.

So, guys, what do you think?

Never been a fan of pool tables.  I don't play and I hate going to a bar with a friend or 2 and they play and keep breaking off during the conversation to take a shot.  Also some bars are too small and there is nothing as bad as an elbow/pool cue interrupting a chat.  Bad idea in my opinion.

So, guys, what do you think?

Since you're asking.....

From my perspective, I don't like it if a bar is dominated by a pool table.

Actually I prefer if there's no pool table even if it's a big bar.

But I'm far from a typical customer and I don't go out much to bars anyway.

From the bar's perspective, I have no idea if the revenue from a pool table justifies the floor space or not.

I do play pool, and quite enjoy a game of pool or several. BUT- when I want to play I go to bars where it seems, shall we say, more in fitting with the surrounds. Sensations has a very good table, and it fits in well with the bar, same with a lot of beer bars, it just seems appropriate for these establishments.

For me, and I reckon for most regular patrons of La Bamba, this just isn't why we go here. La Bamba is a meeting place, a no hassle hang out that just happens to be full of hot ladies, should the mood take you mid conversation. It has a nice ambiance, a relaxed feel to it. You can talk to your mates, talk to the girls,go upstairs to errr, check the new wallpaper, or just sit quietly with your beer, enjoying the sites. Hell, I would bet a lot of customers don't even realise there is a televesion in the bar, as that i not what is on their mind when they go to La Bamba. So a definite no no for me on the pool table.

I shall have a word with Nok and Annie next week, they probably won't listen, but worth a try. Maybe I will ring the bell while I'm there, as according to Mardhi, ringing the bell in a bar full of people should only cost about 150 baht. Well worth it, me thinks. :drinks:

• Upvote 1

I do play pool and like tables in bars. However not unless there is room to use full size cues on any pool shot and people don't often have to move when someone is shooting. IMO most single wide shop house style bars don't have the room to do pool right. I suspect this is the case at La Bamba and I have been in the bar many times.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I will ring the bell while I'm there, as according to Mardhi, ringing the bell in a bar full of people should only cost about 150 baht. Well worth it, me thinks. :drinks:

Well if your intent on ringing the bell I had better make a good effort and be there :biggrin:

I do play pool and like tables in bars. However not unless there is room to use full size cues on any pool shot and people don't often have to move when someone is shooting. IMO most single wide shop house style bars don't have the room to do pool right. I suspect this is the case at La Bamba and I have been in the bar many times.

I'm with you on this Xyzzy  :drinks:

The Pool Table would take up too much place and take away some of the ambience La Bamba has imho

La Bamba is a great place to sit, relax & chat without the the screams of the girls and the noise of smacking of balls from a Pool Table right in your earhole, you could always have that and some cue action upstairs if you so wanted :biggrin:

Well if your intent on ringing the bell I had better make a good effort and be there :biggrin:

Brother Tel, it is always an honour and a privelege to share a beer with you my friend, and I would go to the ends of the earth to buy you a beer.

Same for you Dukey, ya Mancy bastard. :biggrin:

Guest LaBambaBar

Thank you to all BMs for your valued feedback re the pool table idea.

Nok will have a think about it.

Stay tuned for more news of promos and forthcoming events...

Brother Tel, it is always an honour and a privelege to share a beer with you my friend, and I would go to the ends of the earth to buy you a beer.

Same for you Dukey, ya Mancy bastard. :biggrin:

You silver tounged devil you  :biggrin:     ปากหวาน