La Bamba: What's Up?

bumblebee

All the electrics and infratructure are finished. I watched Nok and Nancy help install all the new lighting last night.

They are laying the new floor today prior to painting. They have also nearly finished re-decorating the guest rooms.

As of last night they say that they will be open on 25th December - could be a second coming. Star in the east and all that.

Officially they must move out of the current location by 28th December.

The opening party will be 31st December. Initially I thought that was crazy but now I think it is a good idea.

They have worked incredibly hard and yet kept the existing bar open. The work crew are working 24x7 - terrific guys - all relatives.

What I have noticed is a real change in attitude. This is their place, business and new home. They are really proud of their move.

They are talking about different ideas to be different but they will maintain the 'lounge' bar feel of the place.

A surprising number of customers have been giving great advice and ideas to help them maximize their potential - brilliant.

There is now a discussion as to whether there is room for a pool table which would be great.

The Soi also has some new businesses opening - an Indian Curry House as well.

I will get some pics when I can and also clarify the Tariff and booking process.

• Upvote 1

Happy days, I certainly hope they have great success in the new premises. Nok deserves a bit of good fortune, she is one of the few Thai bar owners I truly trust, and a real sweetheart.

Here's hoping to getting back in March to enjoy the new bar in person :drinks:

You boys may be enjoying the finery of the lovelies in La Bamba, but you can tell khun 17 I am about to head to the local for some of the finest Guinness on the planet.

Mmmmmmm that doesn't sound very convincing brother .

What you are saying is even though it is 90 odd degrees there and the boys are surrounded by more sexy ladyboys than you could chase off with a shitty stick , in wet freezing Ireland we are better off because our Guinness is much nicer than that shitty San Miguel Lite .

Come to think of it this could make a good Guinness advert I wonder would it catch on ?

• Upvote 1

What I am saying brother Slim, is that we have to take the positives from our our immediate surroundings (or something llike that).

Of course I would rather drink the shitty San Miguel in the company of some fine and endowed young fillies, but alas we are not there and have to enjoy what is in front of us.

btw, I have a fine bottle of red from Italy for you for Xmas. will throw it over later in the week.

Hope I get a surprise in my stocking!

Will be having Christmas Dinner in Pattaya so will be checking in on La Bamba too.

They got the new floor down yesterday so hopefully painting will start and then commence the actual move.

Fish tanks, Furniture, Plants first and then the stock/fridge and finally the staff.

One observation is that, when Thais put their mind to something, they are terrific workers - personal experience as well as the La Bamba relocation.

What you are saying is even though it is 90 odd degrees there and the boys are surrounded by more sexy ladyboys than you could chase off with a shitty stick , in wet freezing Ireland we are better off because our Guinness is much nicer than that shitty San Miguel Lite .

Cheers to all the boys who are freezing their balls off at home. I think the background is the deciding factor.in this debate. :rolleye0012::santa2:

post-106-0-87013300-1356326779_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-92450800-1356326794_thumb.jpg