G's Bar Happy Hour Special

pdogg

Until the end of August, G's Bar on Street 136 in Phnom Penh has a happy hour special (until 8PM) where cold draft beer is just 50 cents.  That's 15 baht!

After 8PM the price goes up to 30 baht.  Not sure what the price will be in September.

There are no ladyboys at this bar but a good place to chill, more comfortable than other bars on the street.  You can play the music you like as Youtube videos.

• Upvote 1

Until the end of August, G's Bar on Street 136 in Phnom Penh has a happy hour special (until 8PM) where cold draft beer is just 50 cents.  That's 15 baht!

After 8PM the price goes up to 30 baht.  Not sure what the price will be in September.

There are no ladyboys at this bar but a good place to chill, more comfortable than other bars on the street.  You can play the music you like as Youtube videos.

No LBs there but if its close to Candy Bar (also on 136) that was THE LB bar in PP imo as I saw more in there than any other bar by a long ways

• Upvote 1

Guest JustSumGai

2 replies, 109 views. Cambodia is once again missing the boat. 

kinda maddening to me as I KNOW there are at least a dozen if not twice that number of ladyboys in Pursat. But you'd have to find a local to hit the clubs they work now, Been mostly shoo'd off the street, tho you might get lucky, but 109 guys ain't viewing this topic to find out about cheap bar and are not gonna head into Cambo to hope they sight and bed a Pursat ladyboy. eh, maybe it'll keep the riff raff in Snooky. 

• Upvote 1

Cambodia is certainly not for everyone LB wise.  It has often been commented on elsewhere that it will never attract the numbers of LB lovers that the various Thailand destinations do.  A niche destination and many of the guys who go there would probably prefer to keep it that way.  Whether thats fair to the LBs potential income or not is another story.

Been back there twice in September. Once time I was charged a dollar for my beer, the second time $1.25.

There is still a sign for their 50 cent Happy hour but can't verify as I can't get to bars before 8PM.

There were a few places in Cambo where I paid $1.50 (the most I paid ) and I remember thinking how expensive that was, and now thst I'm back home reality has set in...

• Upvote 1

was in phnom penh in February , paying 50 cents for draft all over town ,

including riverfront , daytime only prices went up in evening .

Was that along the stretch of pizza joints before you come to the Foreign Correspondents?  Some great deals there from what i recall.  A fine way to spend an afternoon along the Mekong. :drinks:  

I'm talking girlie bars on street 136 and 104 etc...

I think you and jeffs need to get together and hammer out a deal where you're both comfortable paying $1.00 for a beer anywhere in PP. If I were at the negotiating table I would push for a $1.25 threshold. Outstanding service and a tickle of my pickle, well I could go to $1.50 or perhaps beyond.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I think you and jeffs need to get together and hammer out a deal where you're both comfortable paying $1.00 for a beer anywhere in PP. If I were at the negotiating table I would push for a $1.25 threshold. Outstanding service and a tickle of my pickle, well I could go to $1.50 or perhaps beyond.  :biggrin:

Agreed

these are daytime prices when mostly chillin and people watching ,

night time different matter , quite happy to pay going rate when in

monger areas 104 , 136 , 51 , :drinks:

• Upvote 1

Guest JustSumGai

Cambodia is certainly not for everyone LB wise.  It has often been commented on elsewhere that it will never attract the numbers of LB lovers that the various Thailand destinations do.  A niche destination and many of the guys who go there would probably prefer to keep it that way.  Whether thats fair to the LBs potential income or not is another story.

yeah, very good point. Also to those of us who don't hunt LB 24/7 or have a fat wallet.  I'd never want it to be even proportionately the same as LoS, but I think IF the scene was a tad better in places other than PP or SR you'd have MORE ladyboys and of a bit more "wow..hot" factor.  I suspect there are many who won't even do more than dream about going ladyboy because they just don't see any place for them but in a few bars catering to locals.  Often they'll go for a ladyboy because the good girls are just unobtainable. 

Beer prices on Street 136 range from the 50 cent happy hour at G's and the 24/7 $1.50 for 2 beers at Lemon Bar up to $1.75 at some other bars. 

Lemon Bar is not a great bar but if you are catching up with a mate, it's an alternative to a minimart or sitting at a non-monger bar on the riverfront.  If I'm alone, Lemon Bar is not one of my stops as I don't want to stick around for two beers.

I think it maybe a whopping $2-$2.25 in Bar 136 (or was). If memory serves me correctly the most expensive bar I was in. But that was a while ago. It's hard to keep up with all the bar changes. The guy that started DV8 at one time also owned Bar 136, Bar 69 and Bar 104. But I'm not sure if he still owns any (maybe 104 still). I think the names of those bars maybe changed slightly after the sale. Perhaps the price dropped also.

Garage Bar (American owned, no hostesses) on 110 near the river is a good place to to hang out for conversation and to listen to the owners 1TB music collection. The smallish menu has some items for the home sick gringo.

I think it maybe a whopping $2-$2.25 in Bar 136 (or was). If memory serves me correctly the most expensive bar I was in. But that was a while ago. It's hard to keep up with all the bar changes. The guy that started DV8 at one time also owned Bar 136, Bar 69 and Bar 104. But I'm not sure if he still owns any (maybe 104 still). I think the names of those bars maybe changed slightly after the sale. Perhaps the price dropped also.

Garage Bar (American owned, no hostesses) on 110 near the river is a good place to to hang out for conversation and listen to the owners 1TB of music. The smallish menu has some items for the home sick gringo.

$2.25 a beer,how scandalous ....thats it i'm now officially boycotting Cambo

• Upvote 1