Bradley/Chelsea Manning

JaiDee

Famous whistleblower Bradley Manning wants to be a ladyboy; could be rough enough going to a military prison labeled as a traitor, but to want to transition to female at the same time sounds a little dangerous;  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2399923/I-Chelsea-Manning-Bradley-Manning-announces-woman-intends-start-hormone-therapy-transition-female.html

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if this was discussed elsewhere, but this whole thing - along with Edward Snowden - pisses me the fuck off.

These guys should be leading a ticker-tape parade down Broadway as American Hero's, not facing charges of 35+ years in a prison cell.

When the government is revealed to be pissing all over the Constitution (in the case of Snowden and the NSA snooping into the emails of billions of American's without warrant or cause) or committing war crimes (in the case of Manning and some of the atrocities he revealed in our wars in the middle east) the guys who take a stand to share this information with the public should be rewarded, not punished.

I've even argued with fellow lefties (no, not "our" Lefty - just other lefties) that somehow buy into this notion that revealing government secrets is a crime, no matter whether that information is being kept secret to avoid citizen outrage or actual national security interest.

Just makes me ashamed of our government yet again. Sometimes I wonder if the Righties might have a point when they talk about wanting to reduce government to the point where it can be drowned in a bathtub.

• Upvote 1

These guys should be leading a ticker-tape parade down Broadway as American Hero's, not facing charges of 35+ years in a prison cell.

Interesting post DT. I have really thought long & hard about this. By any definition, Manning is guilty of treason but I think history may vindicate him. I guess it all depends on who gets to write the history but he really opened everyone's eyes as to just what has been going on.

As for Bradley wanting to be Chelsea, he is clearly not someone who has any ability to foresee the implications of his actions. He has enough on his plate surviving jail as a traitor, now as a cross-dressing transexual, the loathing felt by his captors will be off the scale. If he's allowed into the general population of the prison, he'll either finish up dead or have a very sore bottom.

Yeah, not so sure you are keeping your word there, Barack.....

http://i.imgur.com/GznaZEQ.jpg

I voted for this guy twice, but what a disappointment he's been. 5 years later and young boys are still dying in Afghanistan, Gitmo is still open, the NSA is spying more than ever on its own people and we are bombing more innocent civilians than ever with our drone strikes.

Sucks to know someone you once admired turned out to be just another Washington-insider-scumbag.

Obama has definitely been the curate's egg of Presidents... i.e. good in parts.

I have watched politicians campaign for years on how they are going to shake up the system, how they are going to change things. Obama promised "change you can believe in". Well we can see how that's turning out.

But I do have some sympathy for their situation because their first week in office is spent on being brought up to speed on the national security situation. (And security briefings every morning he's in office) And if you watch their interviews & speeches, you can see, or at least perceive the change in them. They have been & are being served up a large dose of reality & lots of promises go straight out the window.

To give Barack his credit, I have no doubt he would have disbanded Gitmo & clamped down on the NSA & brought the troops home, IF IT WAS IN THE INTERESTS OF THE US TO DO SO.

It clearly isn't. There is no other earthly reason why he wouldn't act. There is a lot more going on than can ever be revealed AT THIS POINT IN TIME. I'm sure all will be revealed one day. I hope I am around to see it.

I've really gone sour on Obama, The NSA spying is so unconstitutional its sickening, and this is no grey area the 4th amendment was written to prevent unreasonable (and secret) searches; and yet that's what the NSA does every day, and then lies to congress about it (and the judges overseeing it).

The drone attacks are also completely out of hand. Their needs to be oversight and their is very little. And under no circumstances should the president of the Untied States be allowed to assassinate a US Citizen, I don't care how big a scum bag he is.

Have a trial, find him guilty in absentia, strip away his citizenship, then kill him....OK

But the idea that Obama (or any president) can say that guy is being un-american send a drone to take him out is just 100% wrong.

Obama also said he'd have an open administration and protect whistle blowers....hahahahahahahahahaha

Then their is the war on Pot, with feds acting against states that have made it legal.

yadda yadda yadda

Of course, Romney would be worse. Sometimes you have pick the Giant Douche over the turd sandwich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UthMHjoNyjA

The drone attacks are also completely out of hand. Their needs to be oversight and their is very little. And under no circumstances should the president of the Untied States be allowed to assassinate a US Citizen, I don't care how big a scum bag he is.

Have a trial, find him guilty in absentia, strip away his citizenship, then kill him....OK

But the idea that Obama (or any president) can say that guy is being un-american send a drone to take him out is just 100% wrong.

If you are referring to Anwar Al Awlaki I agree 100%.  His teenaged son was murdered by our drones also, both born in the USA and still full US citizens.

Pick up the great Jeremy Scahill book called Dirty Wars, which came out a few months ago.  It details the not-so-secret drone wars we have been waging in Yemen, Oman, Somalia and within soverign Pakistani borders since Obama took office;  they don't get as much ink as Afghanistan and Iraq but we have been blowing away private citizans by the thousands in those places, with help from whatever government we happen to be backing at the time.

JSOC- The Joint Special Ops Command filled with special force soldiers - has been running these wars with absolutely no accountability to the congress, the CIA, nor [and especially not] to the people of the U.S.

He also touches quite a bit on the Awalaki scandal; Obama and his buddies saying he was about to become "the next Al Qaeda leader" after bin Laden was done away with was absurd.  For sure he was a radical cleric but he would never have headed up A-Q,  and it wasn't something he ever strived for. 

I wish I could take my 2012 vote back; I figured at the time that every president needs 8 years to fully implement their platform, but Obama has turned out to be just another scumbag politician beholden to special interest groups, lobbyists and the military/industrial complex.

Yeah, sure you were Barack;   http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/obama-anwar-al-awlaki-son_n_3141688.html

The sad part is that the President I voted for twice (President Obama), doubled down on the same policies as the President I voted against twice (President Bush).  It is clear the U.S. political class is owned by the business elite, so at least with respect to interest of business and international relations, there is no difference between the two parties.

The drone program is probably the greatest enemy to winning hearts and minds that was ever invented. I have accepted that I am a member of the modern Roman Republic/Empire and basically anybody opposed will be eliminated.

Chelsea and Snowden...they are terrorists...terrorists to the power elite, but not to me. 

I guess I have put myself back on the NSA radar by posting such comments on an internationally hosted website...or any website for that matter.

Randi Uno...Commandante Zero of the Ladyboy Liberation Front!

• Upvote 1

Hey, we can't get too down about the US or its military; we have all these planes just sitting there waiting to be used again!

Only problem is,  by the next time we fight a major war - which, lets face it, won't be far away -  all these planes [[200 Billion worth] will be basically worthless because the guys at Grumman and Boeing and Raytheon, et al, will be forcing [read; bribing] the elected officials from their districts to keep pumping MORE cash into the military machine.  So yeah; basically all these planes, as well as all the tanks and other equipment in the short video below are essentially worthless.

"We could fly back one plane load of equipment every hour for the next ten years and we would STILL not have all our stuff back from the war zones." Awesome.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2608902890001/military-surplus-sale-unloading-unused-war-equipment/

post-107-0-97910600-1377343536_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

That picture is all the more unbelievable when one considers the level of US debt & the fact that nearly 50 million Americans receive food stamps. I wonder how future generations are going to judge the military complex & the leaders who were persuaded to build more weapons of war rather than look after the welfare of their own people.

I haven't seen that picture before but I can't believe how much it has affected me. It's the embodiment of complete madness. 

• Upvote 1

Check out the short video, Paccers; that one is about tanks and hummers and is equally as depressing. Warning, it was produced by FOX 'news'; but I still believe it.

Meanwhile, "truth is coming and can not be stopped" popped up in Manchester, UK this week;

post-107-0-11278900-1377361163_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Sorry this swayed into the political realm when this forum is for "Ladyboy Discussion".  Back to the Chelsea Manning affair, here are some other Trans service people who are NOT very happy with her;

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2013/08/chelsea_manning_is_no_hero_for_trans_soldiers_her_condition_was_no_excuse.html

“If you’re wondering if she’s being embraced as a hero in the military trans community, she is absolutely not,”

• 6 years later...

Activist and whistleblower Chelsea Manning attempted to kill herself Wednesday, her legal team said in a news release.

The statement came only a few days before Manning was scheduled to appear at a court hearing on whether sanctions imposed on her after she refused to comply with a grand jury investigation into WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange should continue. Manning came to national attention after she leaked classified documents to WikiLeaks and was court-martialed for violating the Espionage Act.