Linda Bar

ciobha

Shock, horror, disbelief!!!!!!!! :blink:

Contrary to popular opinion, some bars in Pattaya do actually listen to their customers and then act on it. Linda Bar has now reverted back to the old style seating at the front of the bar, because as Yalli and Sonya told me last night, so many regular customers had commented on how they preferred the old style seating. So they have now taken away the new tables and chairs, just as you come in off the street, and replaced them with the old style arrangement. Yipeeee.

Now I know many of you mongers, including myself, generally consider Walking Street off limits when out and about. Too many bloody tourists, ffs. But Linda Bar is certainly well worth a visit for a few refreshments late at night. And the reasons:

Well, if Yalli, Sonya, Bomi and May aren't reason enough, there are several other new cuties working in there, and the old boilers have for the most part, moved on.

Add to that the reasonably priced drinks and barfine, and the no hassle atmosphere, it gets a thumbs up for effort.

And of course, with the old seating now back, there is no better place to sit and watch the weirdness of Walking Street with a few friends, while sipping a brewski. :drinks:

Come on lads, Yalli and Sonya are waiting for you, and if you wouldn't like to be the cream in their cracker, then ya need your head examined.

• Upvote 4

I never bothered going to the bar while they had those high seats.  It seemed they were copying the likes of Hot Tuna with that seating style, which did not suit the type of clients that frequent the bar, ie guys like us.  It's a great spot late at night for watching the passing freak show as you say Ciobha.  

Great to see they were willing to make the change back. :hi:

I would sit at Linda Bar with an old Swedish guy who lived in Patts and was married to an older Thai lady who owned an apartment building. He would be there everyday drinking. He looked like a much older version of me, shaved head, tattoos etc. but was obviously at the end of his tour. I know he drank way too much and as a result had ended up in the hospital. I looked for him a couple months ago, but wasn't to be found. he may have passed, but he was a good Linda Bar drinking partner. Oh the memories. -Swedeman007

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

post-403-0-94698800-1378057223_thumb.jpg

Shock, horror, disbelief!!!!!!!! :blink:

Contrary to popular opinion, some bars in Pattaya do actually listen to their customers and then act on it. Linda Bar has now reverted back to the old style seating at the front of the bar, because as Yalli and Sonya told me last night, so many regular customers had commented on how they preferred the old style seating. So they have now taken away the new tables and chairs, just as you come in off the street, and replaced them with the old style arrangement. Yipeeee.

Now I know many of you mongers, including myself, generally consider Walking Street off limits when out and about. Too many bloody tourists, ffs. But Linda Bar is certainly well worth a visit for a few refreshments late at night. And the reasons:

Well, if Yalli, Sonya, Bomi and May aren't reason enough, there are several other new cuties working in there, and the old boilers have for the most part, moved on.

Add to that the reasonably priced drinks and barfine, and the no hassle atmosphere, it gets a thumbs up for effort.

And of course, with the old seating now back, there is no better place to sit and watch the weirdness of Walking Street with a few friends, while sipping a brewski. :drinks:

Come on lads, Yalli and Sonya are waiting for you, and if you wouldn't like to be the cream in their cracker, then ya need your head examined.

• Upvote 1

as you can see from the above photo that how the bar looked in march when i was there,the modern stools made the place a bit cold,i did ask Linda about it,and she said the reason she change the chairs and tables was that they were getting too old,and some of them were getting ready to brake....i did tell her that i liked the old place,but i had to respect what she did.... 

• 1 month later...

Since EZY Bar closed, FMs don't go to Walking Street as often as a few years ago.

Some guys like the Marine Disco around 3AM

Linda Bar is often overlooked but it may very well be the ladyboy bar with the longest longevity (with the same name) in the Pattaya area.

Anyone know when Linda Bar first opened?

• 3 weeks later...

Since EZY Bar closed, FMs don't go to Walking Street as often as a few years ago.

Some guys like the Marine Disco around 3AM

Linda Bar is often overlooked but it may very well be the ladyboy bar with the longest longevity (with the same name) in the Pattaya area.

Anyone know when Linda Bar first opened?

Lindas bar  has been open more than 25 years ago,excact date even Linda herself cannot remember,Quote her own words "cannot remember how many years the bar is been open,but for sure more than 25 years ago".And also the old chairs and tables (wooden) are the original since the bar has been opened 25 years ago...

• 1 year later...

Linda Bar could be collateral damage in the war against radical Islamic terrorism.

Orders came from Senior Police in Bangkok at the weekend to run high-profile security patrols in Tourist destinations around Thailand following the deadly attacks in France on Friday and in Pattaya, Police began their patrol on Walking Street.

We joined one of the patrols at 4am on Sunday Morning as a team of Pattaya Police Officers and Police Volunteers entered Walking Street and, to their surprise, many venues which should have closed some hours earlier, were still open and selling alcoholic beverages.

Police shut down a number of venues, including Lucifer’s Discotheque, JP Bar and Linda Bar and arrested managers of each venue. Legal Proceedings will now be initiated on each of the venues. A Karaoke Bar in Soi Chayapoon in Central Pattaya was also closed-down and the manager was arrested for opening after its permitted licensed operating hours.

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219100/pattaya-police-conduct-safety-patrol-hours-after-french-terror-attacks/

In all the years I have been going to Pattaya, Linda Bar has always been open 24 hours. I don't believe for a millisecond that the police didn't know this!!!! Just a bit of a show of force as a reaction, and an opportunity to use a tragedy to line somebody's pockets, IMO.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe for a millisecond that the police didn't know this!!!!

I almost wrote something to this effect earlier. Last trip I went home with a LB from Linda Bar as it was getting light. After I left her room, not far from Walking Street, I went to JP Beer Bar. Last call at JP was just before 10 AM.

Lucifer was the only disco open? The rest knew they were coming?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Was in Linda bar recently and was impressed with the talent both inside and outside.  There did not seem to be yabba crazed ladyboys around.

Sat at the round table and had an enjoyable beer. 

What's nice about WS around 3AM is by then the non-sex tourists are gone and it is more reminiscient of the good old days.

• 3 years later...

Dropped in here last night on my tour of Walking Street Revisited. It currently appears to be set in the heart of New Delhi, but once you wend your way through the thronging masses you'll still find it here right next to Living Dolls. It was very quiet with only a couple of LBs here, but I enjoyed a quick Singha (is it me or has this gotten better over the years?) before  moving along.

PXL_20220831_174556306.jpg

PXL_20220831_175245200.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220831_175500582.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 months later...