Air Asia Luggage Question

pdogg

Can anyone verify that with Air Asia you can have two checked bags and one carryon?

The weight requirement applies to the total of the two checked bags, right?

Then you can have 7 kilos in your carryon? That's NOT 7 kilos of contraband.

I've recently bought a flight with Air Asia and purchased 20KG of baggage. Nowhere during the booking did I find a mention, option or limit on the number of bags, even trawling through their Q&As. The only limit I found was that no one item can weigh more than 32K, which again would suggest you can check in more then one bag.

I would assume you are safe checking in 2 bags as long as it's under you're purchased weight.

I've checked in 2 bags before now with Air Asia, no probs.

I thought it was 8 kilos with the hand luggage myself, but be careful as sometimes they'll weigh the hand luggage as you walk into the Satellite.

As a company they've become real wankers with regard to tying to extort a bit more money through baggage. In fact any sort of stealth charge they can bash you with... They will. :growl:

I use them all the time for domestic flights because they're consistently good on price... But, that's where it ends!

I've recently bought a flight with Air Asia and purchased 20KG of baggage. Nowhere during the booking did I find a mention, option or limit on the number of bags, even trawling through their Q&As. The only limit I found was that no one item can weigh more than 32K, which again would suggest you can check in more then one bag.

I would assume you are safe checking in 2 bags as long as it's under you're purchased weight.

Thanks mate!

I purchased 25K to be on the safe side as it was only 3USD more expensive.

Saw the 32K thing also so figured it was OK to pack two, but with Air Asia you never know.

I'll be arrriving at the airport early so will find an empty counter and weigh and make adjustments if nescesary such as wearing three Tshirts and shoving a sock by my crotch.

What makes it so complicated is that I'll be doing back to back trips with slightly different stuff needed at each venue and other stuff going into stotage immediatley.

As far as carryons, most airlines permit 7K but one can also carry a laptop and a reasoanble amount of reading material which doesn'tcount towards the 7K.

[quote name= PDogg' timestamp='1302747322' post='4206'

As far as carryons, most airlines permit 7K but one can also carry a laptop and a reasoanble amount of reading material which doesn'tcount towards the 7K.

Sorry PDogg, but your computer will be considered part of the carry on weight with Air Asia

Sorry PDogg, but your computer will be considered part of the carry on weight with Air Asia

Cebu Pacific has that policy. Your computer, camera equipment and books in the carry on do not count toward the 7kg limit. They ass rape you bad on the overweight in check bags to the tune of 320 baht per kg. Then to top it off while ass raping you they don't even have the courtesy to give you a reach around.

Their lenient policy on carryons is puzzling considering their rigid stance on checked bags, but better than a sharp stick in the eye anyway and may be their version of a reach around.