Phuket Master List

bubba8221

I'm planning a trip to Phuket soon so decided to see what hotels board members are recommending.  I clicked on the Phuket Master list, then the link, and I'm on the Agoda site.  But all it's showing are general Phuket hotels.  For example, the first hotel is Le Meridien (kinda doubt many mongers are staying there), then the Holiday Inn Express, then a hotel at Cape Panwa.  I know that's no where near Patong.  I entered in some dates to get rates, and over 1,100 hotels popped up.

So my question is, is this "master list" working properly?  I am looking for a list of about 10 to 20 hotels at most near Patong that guys frequent.  Cheap.  The Santi White, posted below the master link, looks good.  Maybe I'll just do that one.

But wanted to ask if the master link is working as intended.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Hi Bubba,

The first post in that thread

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3043-patong-phuket-master-list/

brings you to all Phuket hotels.  We're figuring out how to best present things and since we only have three hotels on the list thought a general link would be a good idea.  We haven't quite figured out how to (or if we even can ) just show a group of recommended hotels. Or we probably will just get rid of that post all together.  Thanks for your feedback!.    :hi: 

But the second, third, and fourth links will bring guys to the specific hotel.

We're trying to make this section as relevant as possible to make it easy for guys to find good value hotels that they'll enjoy. So any hotel reviews, even very short ones such as I stayed at the XYZ Hotel and it was awesome are helpful.

bubba, if you want relatively cheap in Patong then there are quite a few guesthouses in Soi Paradise (the gay sector). The one I stay is called New International. I doubt they would be on Agoda. I've stayed at one down there a couple of times and it's relatively quiet due to no traffic passing, plus it's only a couple of minutes walk from Bangla Road where the action is.

Also in the Soi Paradise area is the Rendezvous, stayed there a long time ago and was happy there.  Rendezvous is almost directly across the soi from where The Place To Stay was/is.  Is The Place To Stay still around?

There are a few ladyboy cabaret shows in that area and before the shows the ladyboys are on the soi promoting the show. Good place to get phone numbers.  

Appreciate the suggestions.  What's really surprised me is it's not easy to just pick up and go to Phuket, at least not like Bangkok.  I've lost track of the number of hotels I've tried, checking availability, and come back full.  My time frame is sometime in the next 2 - 3 weeks.  I guess people take advantage of low season?

Best bet might be to call them since I can travel any time.  To keep trying date combinations on web pages can take forever.  And there's no way to tell the web page "tell me when YOU have rooms available".  So guess a call is in order.  

pdogg, regarding "a place to stay", I'm almost certain that's the place I stayed last time I was down there, several years ago.  And, I'm pretty sure it's gone now.  I recall reading a post a few years ago along those lines.

• Upvote 1